Sign in to follow this  
Hyper14

iniBuilds A300-600 has been released! (reopened)

I'm stumped about whether or not to buy this airplane.  I know people are enjoying it but it sounds like it still has some annoying bugs that prevent a flight from being smooth - little bugs seem to creep in.  I don't have time for that.

• Upvote 1

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

18 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

I'm stumped about whether or not to buy this airplane.  I know people are enjoying it but it sounds like it still has some annoying bugs that prevent a flight from being smooth - little bugs seem to creep in.  I don't have time for that.

To be honest, since I bought the plane, there were no bugs preventing a smooth flight. Only inconveniences and some discrepancies in the weights etc. Most things are now good to go. Should get it, great plane to fly and also hand fly. Feels like it has weight. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

I’ll be totally honest, I was a skeptic. First and most importantly, I’ve always been a Boeing guy. I’ve never purchased an airbus product prior to this. There were a couple small gremlins with the FMC when entering the STAR, but those seem to have been resolved.

After 20+ years of simming, this was a great buy for me being my first Airbus and I would highly recommend it. There is absolutely a learning curve and it doesn’t have all of the modern bells and whistles, but man is it fun to fly! I think this will keep me busy until PMDG drops their T7.

So yeah, my first airbus and I’ve done probably 50 hours in it already with very few issues. It’s worth it!

Edited by Keirtt
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

2 hours ago, Keirtt said:

I’ll be totally honest, I was a skeptic. First and most importantly, I’ve always been a Boring guy. I’ve never purchased an airbus product prior to this.

I take it you mean a Boeing guy.  Either that or you are being too hard on yourself!  :laugh: 

As for this 'bus, I think it is alright.  Good value for money.  I am not a deep systems guy and never will be - I just scratch the surface enough to get an enjoyable flight out of it, and I really do.  I like it on a number of levels and for a number of reasons.

I am also impressed at the update rate and bug fixes.  We still have the other engine model to come as well.  On the basis of this plane, I will definitely be taking a close look at their A350 when it is ready.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Has anyone else had an issue with the Rudder and Tiller?

On the ground I find that I lose yaw authority. The tiller snaps back to 0* if I touch the brakes (I guess if it detects any rudder pedal movement it uses that instead) and then the tiller won't work for about 5 seconds after I've stopped all other inputs. On landing it's even worse: Once the mains are down I lose all rudder authority and veer off into the grass. In external view the rudder moves maybe a few centimeters left or right at full deflection. In my last attempt I had full left brake applied, full left rudder, full reverse on #1 engine and full power on #2 engine and still veered to the right and into the terminal building. I had maybe a 3 knot crosswind...

Not sure how to fix these control issues but since I can't taxi and I can't land I had to shelf this plane for now. 😥

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

The plane suddenly still "falls out from the sky" with V.1.0.3 for a lot of people, what a shame inibuilds get not sorted out that gamebraker issue, whats wrong with those guys ????

cheers 🤔

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

39 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I take it you mean a Boeing guy.  Either that or you are being too hard on yourself!  :laugh: 

As for this 'bus, I think it is alright.  Good value for money.  I am not a deep systems guy and never will be - I just scratch the surface enough to get an enjoyable flight out of it, and I really do.  I like it on a number of levels and for a number of reasons.

I am also impressed at the update rate and bug fixes.  We still have the other engine model to come as well.  On the basis of this plane, I will definitely be taking a close look at their A350 when it is ready.

iOS auto-correct strikes again! I knew I shouldn't have written that on my phone hahaha. My wife would probably say I was right the first time and I am absolutely a boring guy as well though haha.

• Like 2

Gaming rig

21 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

The plane suddenly still "falls out from the sky" with V.1.0.3 for a lot of people, what a shame inibuilds get not sorted out that gamebraker issue, whats wrong with those guys ????

cheers 🤔

What's odd is I've done atleast 50 hours in this thing and have yet to see this bug. I've seen others post videos of it happening so I know it exists, but it's so weird how it happens to some and not others.

• Upvote 2

Gaming rig

1 hour ago, WestAir said:

Has anyone else had an issue with the Rudder and Tiller?

On the ground I find that I lose yaw authority. The tiller snaps back to 0* if I touch the brakes (I guess if it detects any rudder pedal movement it uses that instead) and then the tiller won't work for about 5 seconds after I've stopped all other inputs. On landing it's even worse: Once the mains are down I lose all rudder authority and veer off into the grass. In external view the rudder moves maybe a few centimeters left or right at full deflection. In my last attempt I had full left brake applied, full left rudder, full reverse on #1 engine and full power on #2 engine and still veered to the right and into the terminal building. I had maybe a 3 knot crosswind...

Not sure how to fix these control issues but since I can't taxi and I can't land I had to shelf this plane for now. 😥

Something to do with your tiller axis/disconnect tiller in the EFB I'd suspect. It's touchy at high speed on the ground but it's certainly not like that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keirtt said:

What's odd is I've done atleast 50 hours in this thing and have yet to see this bug. I've seen others post videos of it happening so I know it exists, but it's so weird how it happens to some and not others.

Yes, this is realy odd, may i ask if you using a full community like i do ?

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Just a suggestion, don't know if its placebo, but after the latest update, I've removed and re installed the A300 and it seems to be behaving a little better... systems, flight model and rudder wise. Someone else mentioned something similar in the Inibuilds forums. Remove plane and all liveries and re install.

7 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

There are critical bugs, but they are only for a small minoritiy of people. You'll most likely not encounter them. Also inibuilds are fixing them weekly.

What does not work well yet and will be noticed, is VNAV, but one can work around that and it's not that un-immersive on an A300 (which has awful VNAV in real life).

Apart from that it's a very high quality product that *feels* like the Fenix or PMDG and is therefore right up there with them.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

There are critical bugs, but they are only for a small minoritiy of people. You'll most likely not encounter them. Also inibuilds are fixing them weekly.

What does not work well yet and will be noticed, is VNAV, but one can work around that and it's not that un-immersive on an A300 (which has awful VNAV in real life).

Apart from that it's a very high quality product that *feels* like the Fenix or PMDG and is therefore right up there with them.

Fortunately I'm not part of the small minority of people in this case because I didn't buy this simulation "masterpiece", but I'm one with the PMDG DC-6: it's a sort of $60 of abandoned software, and someone states that the numerous bugs are regarding "small minority of people". This A300-600 seems to be on the wake of the default A310, not more than a good idea on a alpha grade of a simulated airplane. Simply don't buy it, the devs have to stop to sell incomplete and bugged works, just because the flight sim enthusiasm of the majority of people.

• Like 1

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

52 minutes ago, Claudius_ said:

Fortunately I'm not part of the small minority of people in this case because I didn't buy this simulation "masterpiece", but I'm one with the PMDG DC-6: it's a sort of $60 of abandoned software, and someone states that the numerous bugs are regarding "small minority of people". This A300-600 seems to be on the wake of the default A310, not more than a good idea on a alpha grade of a simulated airplane. Simply don't buy it, the devs have to stop to sell incomplete and bugged works, just because the flight sim enthusiasm of the majority of people.

What has the PMDG DC-6 to do with this...?

And no, in my opinion, the A300 is the third best and third most in-depth payware airliner available in MSFS. It's head and shoulders above the A310 also. Except for VNAV I do not have any flaws with it, following real world procedures.

1 minute ago, Fiorentoni said:

What has the PMDG DC-6 to do with this...?

And no, in my opinion, the A300 is the third best and third most in-depth payware airliner available in MSFS. It's head and shoulders above the A310 also. Except for VNAV I do not have any flaws with it, following real world procedures.

Your opinion is respectable as mine, but having a not working or bugged VNAV in a similar airplane is a complete nonsense. Happy flights with your real world procedures 🙂

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).