Sign in to follow this  
Hyper14

iniBuilds A300-600 has been released! (reopened)

Hi, I have a few questions about the iniBuilds a300. First, is it released to the public, or just the beta version? Second, is it really worth it? I mean does it have fully functional LNAV VNAV and autopilot systems? And is it kinda vatsim friendly? I'm looking to buy a new plane and I already have the fenix and pmdg so that's why I'm asking 

//admin note: thread merged with "A300--is it worth it?" thread to avoid multiple parallel discussions on same topic.

Edited by Bob Scott
merged threads

I own the XP version. (For XP11)

That in itself is a fantastic airliner.

From what I've seen on preview streams, this version for MSFS seems head and shoulders better (especially the FD and the sounds)

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

14 minutes ago, Hyper14 said:

Hi, I have a few questions about the iniBuilds a300. First, is it released to the public, or just the beta version? Second, is it really worth it? I mean does it have fully functional LNAV VNAV and autopilot systems? And is it kinda vatsim friendly? I'm looking to buy a new plane and I already have the fenix and pmdg so that's why I'm asking 

A) It's the full release, if you mean that. Not yet released, but should be available some time today. (also an answer for @Ricardo41)

B) "Worth" depends a bit on your preferences, e.g. do you like big airliners, do you like Airbus etc. But genereally speaking and judging by the previews it's an absolute top-notch study level simulation right up there with the Fenix and PMDG. It does of course have fully functional custom LNAV VNAV etc. Perfectly flyable on Vatsim. I'll get it and look forward to some cargo lifting in the US or Europe as FedEx, UPS or DHL.

Edited by Fiorentoni

1 hour ago, Hyper14 said:

See this thread and later posts on it that links to ini's latest info and others' previews of it, etc

• Like 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Alright, I'm kinda convinced to buy it, but do you know where can I buy it from? Is it the inibuilds website? And when I buy it do I get the freighter version and the passenger version, or just one of them?

Edited by Hyper14

23 minutes ago, Hyper14 said:

Alright, I'm kinda convinced to buy it, but do you know where can I buy it from? Is it the inibuilds website? And when I buy it do I get the freighter version and the passenger version, or just one of them?

Inibuilds website (or IniManager app, if you prefer). You get both the pax and the freighter versions of the GE engines version; the PW engines will come for free on a later update.
Keep in mind it's not released yet, but apparently will be in the next couple of hours

24 minutes ago, Hyper14 said:

You can buy from https://inib.uk/a300-msfs when it becomes available this week.

Both freighter and pax version comes in the single package.

• Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

It's impossible to answer this question if the plane isn't on sale yet.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 64GB RAM 6000MHz, Asus Prime B650+, 850W PSU

English is not my first language.

The question cannot be answered until the plane is released. The usual meaningless youtube clickbait hype.....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ok, thanks for the answers👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼. I'm definitely going to buy it. So I have a question. I don't know much about older Airbus aircraft, so my question: does the a300 have throttle detents like the other airbuses? And what do I have to do when engaging the auto throttle, do I have to set the throttle to climb like the newer Airbus aircraft( if the a300 has detents), or I just engage it and let it do its job?

22 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

The question cannot be answered until the plane is released. The usual meaningless youtube clickbait hype.....

It is a full IFR flight + more than an hour spent looking around and testing all the aircraft systems. From a real airline pilot.

But it feels smarter to just post a belittling comment without even opening the video I guess...

Edited by MrFuzzy
  • Like 10
  • Upvote 4

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

2 minutes ago, Hyper14 said:

Ok, thanks for the answers👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼. I'm definitely going to buy it. So I have a question. I don't know much about older Airbus aircraft, so my question: does the a300 have throttle detents like the other airbuses? And what do I have to do when engaging the auto throttle, do I have to set the throttle to climb like the newer Airbus aircraft( if the a300 has detents), or I just engage it and let it do its job?

No throttle detents on this aircraft.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

11 minutes ago, Hyper14 said:

You engage auto throttle on takeoff with a button push and then you let it do its job. A bit more like a Boeing in that regard. I suggest you watch the video posted here. It gives you a good impression.