Sign in to follow this  
Hyper14

iniBuilds A300-600 has been released! (reopened)

3 hours ago, pmplayer said:

"Realistic Fueling" = NO, - works beautiful for me, i can fuel my plane on the runway with running engines with no problem.

Try to do a complete reinstall ( with all the WASM files ) to go the safe way..

cheers 😉

Finally sorted it.

Found that if I manually entered, say, 50,000 kg of Fuel in the Fuel box in the A300 EFB Load Section, that would hold & I could depart with close to 100% fuel.

Thanks for your input.

T45

Posted (edited)

Another update on my touch 'n go struggles: Finally did a successful one, happy days! Procedure:

• AT off before touchdown
  • AP off after touchdown
  • Max manual thrust
  • Then the usual - gear up, retract flaps

(no autobrake or spoilers were armed this time)

At the moment en route KDEN from CYYZ - and just realized I'm 16.5 tonnes of fuel short of reaching Honolulu safely 😉

3 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

Found that if I manually entered, say, 50,000 kg of Fuel in the Fuel box in the A300 EFB Load Section, that would hold & I could depart with close to 100% fuel

I just enter a silly value of 100,000kg and it loads max (54.5 tonnes). This also works in simbrief, enter FOB 100,000 kg, then as much PAX and cargo as you can carry (which according to my estimates is 5 PAX, 0 cargo)

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | MSI Gaming Trio X RTX 4090 | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6200 32-38-38-30 32GB | Gigabyte X670 AORUS ELITE AX | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

Posted (edited)

It's me again. Just a quick update re: performance and general handling in the A300. Yesterday I did a very long flight in one sitting. No performance issues, aircraft behaved reasonably (except for the many instances of pilot error). Route: KDCA-KJFK-KBOS-CYYZ-KDEN-KLAX-KSFO. 

With a lot of practice, I finally nailed touch 'n go's and autolands. The A300 is quite a handful though, compared to the Fenix. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | MSI Gaming Trio X RTX 4090 | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6200 32-38-38-30 32GB | Gigabyte X670 AORUS ELITE AX | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD

43 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

It's me again. Just a quick update re: performance and general handling in the A300. Yesterday I did a very long flight in one sitting. No performance issues, aircraft behaved reasonably (except for the many instances of pilot error). Route: KDCA-KJFK-KBOS-CYYZ-KDEN-KLAX-KSFO. 

With a lot of practice, I finally nailed touch 'n go's and autolands. The A300 is quite a handful though, compared to the Fenix. 

It's also a completely different aircraft, I mean the A320 is more modern and more flexibly equipped and the A300 is more of an older airliner and not so comfortable, needs more pilot work but that's exactly what I like about the A300 !!!

cheers 😉

• Like 2

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.22H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

It's also a completely different aircraft, I mean the A320 is more modern and more flexibly equipped and the A300 is more of an older airliner and not so comfortable, needs more pilot work but that's exactly what I like about the A300 !!!

I agree, I like the challenge! The Fenix is excellent, very modern, very easy to operate, flybywire, overspeed and AoA protection etc. With this one you really have to stay ahead of things. 

Is it working well for you now? I seem to recall you were one of the people having issues. 

6 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

cheers 😉

Exactly!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Good to know when hand-flying a go-around: Remember to select LVL/CH to climb with FD guidance. Otherwise you might be tricked into flying level when target speed is reached. As I just did (nearly wrecked the bird in the mountains of Oahu lol). Also set target speed on climbout to go-around altitude, as well as HDG or NAV mode for guidance. I usually re-activate autothrottle when I'm back on flaps 1. 

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Is it working well for you now? I seem to recall you were one of the people having issues. 

Seems the FootS issue is fixed now but other issues are bodering me.

And i get a lot more stutters and long holds during the flights what wasen't that bad before, and this points me to that the Code of this airplane isn't real good but i will see with the next update what happens or what not..

Maybe i should get a new actual PC, if i would real shure that this Action would help.. 

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.22H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

I just done 2 Flights with the A300 Freighter. Had bought it at release, it was nice, but i dont liked some things

(Performance, Sound Volume mix).

Im really dissapointed with the state of the A300 7Month after release.

The sound volume mix is still somewhat a mess!

Even after tinkering with the settings, some sound are just too loud (engine from inside the cabine) or just too

silent (call outs). I have not flown a real A300, but im doubt that the packs are THAT incredible loud from

inside and outside.

Then theres the performance, its still very hard on the FPS, a lot more than the Fenix.

At EDDF i got a wonky FMC, the STAR and approach combination wasn avaible, but is in real life and navigraph and

other planes.

Im somewhat concerned about the upcoming A330, A350 and A380.

• Like 1

Just bought this today and did the first flight - ENGM-ENSB... What a beautiful experience that was! Everything worked great and the performance was actually really good - much better than the 310 or A320NEO v2 since the last time I did those flights. The EFB is awesome too. Was wondering if this was a worthwhile purchase since I have the A310, but it's a much more refined experience. The approach to Svalbard was hairy though, had to do a GA, but landed it successfully the second time around - that was ALL pilot error. My concerns about iniBuilds buses coming up are alleviated. I did download the optimized textures, cause I am on 1080p and everything looked gorgeous still and perhaps that's why it performed better. Wish those were available for the A310 and A320NEO. Though, perhaps the Extended packages I don't need, but I believe you lose the cabin if you get rid of them and I like my cabin. 🙂

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Merawen said:

I just done 2 Flights with the A300 Freighter. Had bought it at release, it was nice, but i dont liked some things

(Performance, Sound Volume mix).

Im really dissapointed with the state of the A300 7Month after release.

The sound volume mix is still somewhat a mess!

Even after tinkering with the settings, some sound are just too loud (engine from inside the cabine) or just too

silent (call outs). I have not flown a real A300, but im doubt that the packs are THAT incredible loud from

inside and outside.

Then theres the performance, its still very hard on the FPS, a lot more than the Fenix.

At EDDF i got a wonky FMC, the STAR and approach combination wasn avaible, but is in real life and navigraph and

other planes.

Im somewhat concerned about the upcoming A330, A350 and A380.

They ( inibuilds ) working on a big update for the A300, should be not to long anymore to go public, i assume..

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer

spacer.png

3 hours ago, pmplayer said:

They ( inibuilds ) working on a big update for the A300, should be not to long anymore to go public, i assume..

cheers 😉

I heard this too. Do you know exactly what they’re working on? The airplane cannot fly holds worth a word not allowed. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

6 hours ago, Merawen said:

I have not flown a real A300, but im doubt that the packs are THAT incredible loud from

inside and outside.

And again someone goes with gut feeling instead of knowledge. The usual simmers approach...

I also have not been on a real A300 but I watched some videos of Flightdeck operations and the packs are indeed ludicrously loud in the real thing.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Farlis said:

And again someone goes with gut feeling instead of knowledge. The usual simmers approach...

I also have not been on a real A300 but I watched some videos of Flightdeck operations and the packs are indeed ludicrously loud in the real thing.

Again someone wants to bash other people without knowledge of the product. The usual elitist fly community approach.

The packs at 20% volume slider are louder than the engine at 100% volume slider and full throttle volume.

you are going to tell me that the packs in the real aircraft are at least 5 times louder than the engines at full throttle?

show me the video where you can’t hear the engines at all at takeoff because the packs are so loud.

Edited by Merawen

The flight deck of the A300 is apparently incredibly loud due to the cooling needed for all those old school CRT screens.