Sign in to follow this  
Hyper14

iniBuilds A300-600 has been released! (reopened)

31 minutes ago, Antipodeslonghaul said:

This A300 looks like it can do LHR-JFK no problem at all.

Some of the longest routes for A300 are:

• KBOS – EDDF with LH 3,189 nm
  • KJFK – EGLL with AA 2,999 nm
  • EGCC – OMDB with EK 3,057 nm
  • KMCO – EGCC with MON (only with favourable winds) 3,681 nm
  • EGKK – OBBI with MON 2,739 nm
  • EDDF – OPLA with LH 3,088 nm
  • Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

10 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

It certainly is a great addon! One day I’ll do one of those really long-distance flights. One day 😉 

Except:

Looks like we’ll need to wait for their A350 for that one!  Assuming they’re doing the -1000 version.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

On our Thread for the FootS issue in the inibuilds forum NEW things come in some wired anomalys happens and something goeing on with this aircraft.

It seems it is still there but now its coming in other than it was before..

On my yesterday flight over 4h i landed saftly on my arrival but i felt that something goeing on with this plane, like a lot of short stutters and short holds over this flight ( what i didnt had before like this ).

And on my start from the runway i suddenly had some bad hickups and the plane shots all of, so only a reload helped.

So something is realy bad with this Airplane and it is still far away from a safe flyable aircraft..

Unbelievable that inibuilds can't get this bird out for a normal flyable fixed aircraft ????

And you only see this issues if you doeing a lot flights and long flights, and handling somehow around with this aircraft, only doeing a 2h flight once a week is not enough to show the faulty behavior of this aircraft !

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

17 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

PanAm had the A300-600. The official model name is different (300B4-203), but it's the -600. 

I’m a little confused here. According to Wikipedia the A300B4-200 is a different aircraft from the A300-600 (officially designated as A300B4-600) being slightly longer.

A300

I also checked the list of A300 operators and PanAm shows only the A300B4 version. 

Operators

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Samaritano said:

I’m a little confused here. According to Wikipedia the A300B4-200 is a different aircraft from the A300-600 (officially designated as A300B4-600) being slightly longer.

A300

I also checked the list of A300 operators and PanAm shows only the A300B4 version. 

Operators

You are correct.  The A300B4 is definitely not the same as the A300-600, which appeared later.  The A300-600 incorporated a lot of changes made for the A310.

From my links with Airbus years ago, I can remember the A300-600 had at least a few changes such as the rear fuselage re-profiled to be the same as the A310, and what looked like the A310 winglets (or very similar) as an option. 

A quick search online also states a new 2-crew EFIS cockpit, and longer range etc. A full list of changes looks quite extensive.

There will be an A300-B4 this year from Just Flight, and it will be quite different from this IniBuilds A300-600.  It is the model I am waiting for actually, as I flew on Air France / Lufthansa ones many times.
I was hoping for Just Flight to include the original B2 model as well, as this is much closer to the B4, but I fear even with this, the changes may be too many to incorporate. 

By the way, that list seems incomplete.  It doesn't include the Caledonian A300-B4 for example that I know of.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 hours ago, Samaritano said:

A300

Operators

Indeed, I got confused by the "B4". And by the iniManager having a Pan Am livery 😄

• Like 1

The odd entry in the A300b2 lineup probably goes to the "Scandinavian Airlines variant"  the A300B2-320. Only four delivered (all to SK) with the b2 fuselage and b4 wings powered by a pair of pratt & Whitney JT9Ds

Of course, the re-sale value of these hybrid birds weren't great and more importantly , the range was quite poor since they had no fuel thanks in their B2 fuselage,  so centre fuel tanks were later installed by SAS charter division Scanair, and type designation changed to A300B4-120.

• Like 2

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

I was going to come back and give A300 another shot, but I saw on inbulds discord  "LNAV" and "fall out of skies issues" still at the top of issues... oh well..

• Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

6 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I was going to come back and give A300 another shot, but I saw on inbulds discord  "LNAV" and "fall out of skies issues" still at the top of issues... oh well..

Give it a try! I’ve been lucky, haven’t had any issues except the quirkiness of old-style autopilot & autothrottle 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Just now, Cpt_Piett said:

Give it a try! I’ve been lucky, haven’t had any issues except the quirkiness of old-style autopilot & autothrottle 

Does latest version autopilot can shoot RNAV approaches in profile mode?

6 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

It was able to do this since day one. You have to follow the exact procedure, though. Being level before the FAF, hitting the "final approach" LSK on the TO/APPR page, then selecting altitude down to min alt, then hitting profile mode (it will show as armed now).

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Absolutely! Just need to have the bird properly configured before FAP

3 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Being level before the FAF, hitting the "final approach" LSK on the TO/APPR page, then selecting altitude down to min alt, then hitting profile mode (it will show as armed now).

And landing flaps, gear down too? It’s the way I’ve always been doing it

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

12 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Absolutely! Just need to have the bird properly configured before FAP

And landing flaps, gear down too? It’s the way I’ve always been doing it

Not technically, no. I.e. the system doesn't need those conditions. A300 SOPs might have said so back then, though.

• Like 1

So I did one flight and everything worked great! The second one however I got instant CTD upon starting the flight. Does anyone else experience CTDs like that?

22 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

So I did one flight and everything worked great! The second one however I got instant CTD upon starting the flight. Does anyone else experience CTDs like that?

Yes, this does happen sometimes with the A300 on loading the flight. Just retry and it should be fine. Another one of those bugs...