Sign in to follow this  
Hyper14

iniBuilds A300-600 has been released! (reopened)

I've done one flight since the most recent update VHHH to ZBAA, only issue I had was about 10 minutes out from ZBAA the top number displays went all black. I could still seem them if I popped them out as a separate window however.

Not sure if that was a aircraft issue or a MSFS issue. 

Introduced in 1.0.6 - the EFB is loading ZFW incorrectly on the freighter, so far in every flight it's overloaded between 1500 and 2000 lbs.

This was acknowledged by Josh a few weeks ago when I reported it but still remains unfixed. Unfortunate... this is an old bug that has popped up again, sort of the issue with this plane and ini in general. 

9 hours ago, ConairMSFS said:

Hi all, I'm not sure if it's a problem with the plane, or maybe I'm doing something wrong. Leaving from LIMZ rw21, SID TOP1Q (climb runway heading, turn right intercepting vor radial to TOP vor).

Manually went on track then activated autopilot in nav mode. Plane starts flying in circles.

Did same, activating earlier profile and NAV, it  overshoot the right turn and went straight away. So I engage nav/vor (having set vor freq and radial in center console), same, starts turning circles. So did a direct to TOP, and everything worked fine.

What did I do wrong?

I don't think you did anything wrong.

As Farlis mentions...it's either the 1983-era LNAV (very possible, since the VNAV in the real plane doesn't respect altitude restrictions in SIDs), or it is an actual bug.   I encountered the same departing KIND where the SID called for a manual leg to a fix.   I don't know if it's intended behavior or a bug.  What I do know is that I can fly the plane (go into HDG mode to intercept) and the re-enter PROFILE mode once I'm on track.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

3 hours ago, Bob Scott said:

You might want to go look at PMDG's 24 Feb 2024 update (there's a repost of it here in this forum), as it seems some PMDG 737 users have been having this same problem (plane stuck in the sky), which they've narrowed down to an issue with TCAS getting overrun with data.  Might be related, or might not, but I had the same issue with the Fenix A320 some weeks ago as well.

Hmm could be related.  I wonder what people's AI settings are, that are having the fall-out-of-sky issue?    I know that I run FSLTL but with some fairly low settings, and I've never had the fall-out-of-sky.

Could it be that those who do, have a lot of traffic?  That's an angle I have never considered...

Rhett

1 hour ago, Mace said:

I know that I run FSLTL but with some fairly low settings, and I've never had the fall-out-of-sky.

I, too, am using FSLTL with default settings (together with FSHud). In the week I've had this add-on, no issues at all (completed about 12 flights so far). Just completed a couple of 3+ hour flights (all real time) yesterday and today with V 1.0.8. Really loving this add-on...the more I fly, the smoother the flows get. Next flight likely to be a long one: PANC to RJAA.

Any advice to a potential buyer re: how to get up to speed with the aircraft? Can flows/checklists be accessed from the EFB or do they have to be downloaded elsewhere?

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

6 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Any advice to a potential buyer re: how to get up to speed with the aircraft? Can flows/checklists be accessed from the EFB or do they have to be downloaded elsewhere?

Checklists are available via the EFB. (I think there are some expanded ones on Flightsim.TO as well...I haven't looked at those yet.)

I found a few of A330 Driver's videos pretty helpful for my first couple of flights.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mace said:

Could it be that those who do, have a lot of traffic?

Interesting to read your thoughts on this, as I came here to report my latest findings with the A300-600.    As said yesterday, I'd been flying a 4 hour flight, when I got a CTD after 3.5 hours.  

(I should clarify then, that my issue was with a CTD and I've never seen the 'plane frozen' of 'plane falls out of the sky' bugs)

Today, I flew a 2 hour flight in the A300, just to ensure that this plane was going to 'play ball' with me.   All successful. No issues whatsoever.

So I thought, well, I'll go for it !    I set up the same EDDP - HECA (4+hr flight) that had crashed yesterday, but for unrelated reasons, I turned off all AI (I use Aerosoft Simple Traffic Tool for AI, because (i) I'm lazy and (ii) I don't have high standards for AI traffic - I just like to see suitably-liveried planes at airports).

So, I've no idea if having no AI was a factor, but what do you know! ... I successfully landed at HECA, after a fully successful flight.  The only other factor with this successful 4+hr flight, was that I avoided any DTOs or VS.   There were a few points where I fancied a shortcut but I resisted the temptation and just stayed on FP, using LNAV and PROFILE, right up until I captured the ILS.

But I'm certainly feeling more positive about this plane, now it's proved to me that it can fly for more than 4 hours.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

thanks, Bob, so I am not the only one with the plane stuck in the sky.

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

17 hours ago, Mace said:

I don't think you did anything wrong.

As Farlis mentions...it's either the 1983-era LNAV (very possible, since the VNAV in the real plane doesn't respect altitude restrictions in SIDs), or it is an actual bug.   I encountered the same departing KIND where the SID called for a manual leg to a fix.   I don't know if it's intended behavior or a bug.  What I do know is that I can fly the plane (go into HDG mode to intercept) and the re-enter PROFILE mode once I'm on track.

Trying to nail it down, and I've noticed this:

LIMZ, TOP1Q, RW3 (quite an easy and simple SID, at 1800ft turn left to intercept radial to TOP/aiway).

On Navigation Display Intercept Course starts from middle of runway.

If I takeoff in TOGA thrust, climb fast to 1800, turning hard to the left, so i get to the 30degrees intercept course before first waypoint, then NAV/Profile mode, it works, cause plane stays close to the path indicated on nav display.

If I take off in flex, or with heavy plane, it takes longer to reach 1800ft, so when i start turning left I'm couple of miles far away from the intercept path indicated on nav display (cause it starts from middle of runway). In this case, both with nav mode, or vor nav mode, or direct to airway, it starts turning in circles.

If u use heading mode to intercept like I do on other planes,  then turn on nav, same, turns in circles.

Same test from RW21 (SID is same, only difference is right turn to intercept), nothing to do. Once reached first waypoint to intercept, it overshoots and turn in circles. Also doing manually or in HDG, once on course and going back to nav, circling. Only way is direct to vor. Giving up for now, going to find another old tubeliner to fly.

Edited by ConairMSFS

Are RNAV approaches similar to the A310? It's been a while since I flew it, but IIRC it involved being fully configured (flaps, gear) at FAP. It took a while before I could wrap my head around it. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

3 hours ago, ConairMSFS said:

Trying to nail it down, and I've noticed this:

LIMZ, TOP1Q, RW3 (quite an easy and simple SID, at 1800ft turn left to intercept radial to TOP/aiway).

On Navigation Display Intercept Course starts from middle of runway.

If I takeoff in TOGA thrust, climb fast to 1800, turning hard to the left, so i get to the 30degrees intercept course before first waypoint, then NAV/Profile mode, it works, cause plane stays close to the path indicated on nav display.

If I take off in flex, or with heavy plane, it takes longer to reach 1800ft, so when i start turning left I'm couple of miles far away from the intercept path indicated on nav display (cause it starts from middle of runway). In this case, both with nav mode, or vor nav mode, or direct to airway, it starts turning in circles.

If u use heading mode to intercept like I do on other planes,  then turn on nav, same, turns in circles.

Same test from RW21 (SID is same, only difference is right turn to intercept), nothing to do. Once reached first waypoint to intercept, it overshoots and turn in circles. Also doing manually or in HDG, once on course and going back to nav, circling. Only way is direct to vor. Giving up for now, going to find another old tubeliner to fly.

That could be by design.   i.e. you have to be fairly lined up, say within 30 degrees, to intercept.   I'm not forgiving it necessarily as it may indeed be a bug, just saying that it's possible that this 1983-era LNAV may have it programmed in to not draw large intercepts.

What you found is about what I found at KIND.

Rhett

2 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Are RNAV approaches similar to the A310? It's been a while since I flew it, but IIRC it involved being fully configured (flaps, gear) at FAP. It took a while before I could wrap my head around it. 

Yes...in my experience so far RNAV is exactly like the A310, that you need to be fully configured at the FAP, otherwise it'll fly right on by.

• Like 1

Rhett

35 minutes ago, Mace said:

Yes...in my experience so far RNAV is exactly like the A310, that you need to be fully configured at the FAP, otherwise it'll fly right on by.

Ok thanks. I might get the A300 just to see if I can successfully do the RNP L rwy 02R into SBRJ Santos Dumont. Or maybe wait until thrust reversers are working again in the beta 😛

The visual prescribed track on final approach should be fun in the A300:364WZ1s.jpeg

Edited by Cpt_Piett

10 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Ok thanks. I might get the A300 just to see if I can successfully do the RNP L rwy 02R into SBRJ Santos Dumont. Or maybe wait until thrust reversers are working again in the beta 😛

The visual prescribed track on final approach should be fun in the A300:

I think the A300 (and A310) doesn't do strict RNP approaches, it can only do the GPS overlay.

I have had problems with configuring my HC Bravo and thrust reverse on this plane.  I could have it set up incorrectly.  Sometimes I have to kick off the levers multiple times to get reverse thrust to activate.

Rhett