Sign in to follow this  
Hyper14

iniBuilds A300-600 has been released! (reopened)

So... what new bugs do we get with this update? Needs to be something really funny to be even more annoying than the VS bug (like the landing gear extending randomly during cruise every 2 minutes or something like that), but on the other hand iniBuilds has "raised the bar" in that regard with every update so far.

12 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

So... what new bugs do we get with this update? Needs to be something really funny to be even more annoying than the VS bug (like the landing gear extending randomly during cruise every 2 minutes or something like that), but on the other hand iniBuilds has "raised the bar" in that regard with every update so far.

And your point is what, Fiorentoni. What contribution are you making besides throwing shade?

Asking for a friend,

-B

Well, I mentioned earlier in this thread that I was still running v1.0.3 and having no problems whatsoever.

Today I took a risk and updated to v1.0.7.     Set up a flight from Leipzig to Cairo (4 hours).  3.5 hours in everything was going fantasitcally. Then.. BAM ....  CTD.   From a perfect Profile descent to just immediately looking at my desktop. 

Never had a single CTD (nor any other issue) on v1.0.3

GUTTED!

As this was a long flight (4 hours) and as all was well up until 3.5 hours, I'm guessing things would have been ok if it were a shorter flight.   This plane definitely has some memory leak or other issue that causes serious problems on flights > 3 hours.

I'm just going to fly the A310 in future.  It's not as good nor polished as the A300, but it works, consistently.  There's something still really skewed with this A300.

Edited by JYW

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Downloaded 1.0.7 last night from Simmarket.

I had the previous version (1.0.6) installed outside of the sim. My download last night installed the new version directly to the Community Folder. No issues on all of my previous flights.

Made a another quick cargo flight from MMQT-MMGL with the latest version. No issues...other than a slow climb due to outside air temps!  🙂

Switched between profile and V/S modes with no issues (profile mode for climb and V/S for approach).

I am still really enjoying this plane/sim!

Note to self...I need to abandon that directory install from Simmarket...next time I will re-install the aircraft outside of the sim.

With this 1.07 update, we now have the ability to change the fuel load inflight, which makes abbreviated flights using a skip-ahead repositioning tool like Quantum Leap or the DevMode teleport tool possible.  I just did a 6.5 hr flight from Amsterdam to Doha...took off heavy, flew the SID up to cruise, then used Quantum Leap to reposition the jet to a forward waypoint ~200nm short of Doha, reset the fuel load and flew the descent, arrival and landing.  FedEx from Memphis to Anchorage this afternoon...

It'd be nice if they'd fix the fuel burn and autopilot stability issues in accelerated flight, but with repositioning now in play, this bird is a good fit for long haul legs without having to endure hours and hours of droning at cruise.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

36 minutes ago, Bob Scott said:

I just did a 6.5 hr flight from Amsterdam to Doha

Bob, can I ask, was your flight 6.5 hours in actual sim time, or scheduled for 6.5 hours but you used Quantum Leap, shortening the actual sim time?

Reason for asking is that I'm someone who has never had any issues, falling out of the sky, or CTD with the A300. But today, I've updated to 1.0.7 and suffered a CTD after 3.5 (sim) hours of a 4 hour flight.

I'm just wondering if anyone has managed to fly the A300 in the sim for > 3 hours, without getting a CTD.

Edited by JYW

Bill

24 minutes ago, JYW said:

I'm just wondering if anyone has managed to fly the A300 in the sim for > 3 hours, without getting a CTD.

I'm a newcomer to this add-on...with 1.0.6, I flew 7+ hours actual time (EDDK-CYHZ) with no issues. Installed 1.0.7 yesterday and have only completed a short flight. The only difference between the two versions for me is that the original install was outside of the sim whereas Simmarket installed the latest version directly in-sim (my preference is to keep it outside of the sim). Haven't tested a longer flight yet with the newer version. Previously, on my long flight, I was also only using profile mode. Yesterday's flight went well with profile climb and V/S on descent/approach.

Using FSHud with FSLTL with no negative issues.

six or 7 updates and the plane is still buggy. i had a flight KMIA to KEWR, went downstairs for a minute get some food, next thing I noticed, plane at 37,000 ft but not moving, nothing working, end of flight, give, oh well! me a break, after all these updates

• Like 1

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

4 minutes ago, rmeier said:

The only difference between the two versions for me is that the original install was outside of the sim whereas Simmarket installed the latest version directly in-sim (my preference is to keep it outside of the sim).

This makes no difference technically. If it's installed outside the community folder (via AddonLinker) a folder link is created in the community folder and MSFS will just follow this link on startup and load the aircraft in exactly the same way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rmeier said:

I'm a newcomer to this add-on...with 1.0.6, I flew 7+ hours actual time (EDDK-CYHZ) with no issues. Installed 1.0.7 yesterday and have only completed a short flight. The only difference between the two versions for me is that the original install was outside of the sim whereas Simmarket installed the latest version directly in-sim (my preference is to keep it outside of the sim). Haven't tested a longer flight yet with the newer version. Previously, on my long flight, I was also only using profile mode. Yesterday's flight went well with profile climb and V/S on descent/approach.

Using FSHud with FSLTL with no negative issues.

I've never had a single issue with the A310.   I've watched people having all these issues and their plane falling out of the sky, whilst it's been plain sailing (or should I say flying!) for me, until today.   But.... today's flight was also the first I'd done that was over 3 hours.   All of my other flights had been around 2 hours, so I think this was 'disguising' the problem.    Then again, if you've managed a 7+ hour flight, then it's hard to understand how it can work for some, and CTD for others.    Oh well, I had my 'smooth' time with the A310 😄   I've got plenty other fantastic planes so am just leaving this one for a good while - until perhaps one day they crack it's issues and release a truly stable version.

Bill

9 hours ago, JYW said:

Bob, can I ask, was your flight 6.5 hours in actual sim time, or scheduled for 6.5 hours but you used Quantum Leap, shortening the actual sim time?

Reason for asking is that I'm someone who has never had any issues, falling out of the sky, or CTD with the A300. But today, I've updated to 1.0.7 and suffered a CTD after 3.5 (sim) hours of a 4 hour flight.

It was a 6.5 hour flight reduced to ~1.5 hrs in real time using Quantum Leap.

I wouldn't consider a single CTD a trend--I also had trouble with a couple CTDs this morning and when I finally got it started up there was a new update waiting, so I'm wondering if maybe we got caught in the database changeover on the servers (?)

• Like 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

11 hours ago, JYW said:

I've never had a single issue with the A310.   I've watched people having all these issues and their plane falling out of the sky, whilst it's been plain sailing (or should I say flying!) for me, until today.   But.... today's flight was also the first I'd done that was over 3 hours.   All of my other flights had been around 2 hours, so I think this was 'disguising' the problem.    Then again, if you've managed a 7+ hour flight, then it's hard to understand how it can work for some, and CTD for others.    Oh well, I had my 'smooth' time with the A310 😄   I've got plenty other fantastic planes so am just leaving this one for a good while - until perhaps one day they crack it's issues and release a truly stable version.

I think you mixing up different things: The A300 is not prone to CTDs, there‘s no pattern of any kind. What the A300 *does* (for some) is literally falling out of the sky. But that‘s two different things: Your CTD is MSFS-induced, the falling out of the sky is A300-induced. In other words: You‘ve probably just been unlucky and had a rare CTD for whatever reason (server issue etc.), but it‘s got nothing to do with the A300.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

I think you mixing up different things: The A300 is not prone to CTDs, there‘s no pattern of any kind. What the A300 *does* (for some) is literally falling out of the sky. But that‘s two different things: Your CTD is MSFS-induced, the falling out of the sky is A300-induced. In other words: You‘ve probably just been unlucky and had a rare CTD for whatever reason (server issue etc.), but it‘s got nothing to do with the A300.

I hear what you're saying but I'm not totally convinced.

CTDs are very, very rare for me.  Each flight I tend to have only 4 (or sometimes 3) items in the Community folder.  All of my scenery is Marketplace-purchased, so my Community folder only has the aircraft I'm flying and 2 stable, mature utilities.   I've flown flights > 4 hours in both the PMDG and the Fenix (and in fact, the ini A310!), successfully - without a CTD. 

So from my end, the only variable that changed for this CTD flight, was re-installing the A300.

I would say you are potentially correct, but not absolutely.  (After all, it's MSFS - anything can happen!).

Edited by JYW

Bill

6 hours ago, Bob Scott said:

I wouldn't consider a single CTD a trend--I also had trouble with a couple CTDs this morning and when I finally got it started up there was a new update waiting, so I'm wondering if maybe we got caught in the database changeover on the servers (?)

Thanks Bob.    I agree about one CTD not being a trend.    I ithink I'll try another flight, same route, and see what happens 👍

Bill

So now it seems with the latest update the thrust reversers don't deploy anymore (at least with the standard F2 decrease thrust method, that basically any other airplane uses). These guys are really special...