Sign in to follow this  
cianpars

Thrustmaster Airbus Quadrant

Probably one I should be asking Thrustmaster but asking here on the off chance  that someone here has encountered this issue.  Having installed this device, everything works as expected except that every time I hit the escape key to pause the sim, then resume, full flaps are deployed.  Anyone had and fixed this?

Also, what effect do virtual buttons have?  I did Google it but am still none the wiser.

Thanks

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Not had that issue at all... but sounds like the ESC key could be assigned to flaps mistakenly or by some microsoft wizardry...

I would check my keybinds on the throttle in game to see if there are any keys assigned to it by mistake?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | Tobii Eye Tracker | Pimax Crystal Light (soon!)

Doug 

I don't think that's happened to me, so its probably a key-binding issue.  I feel like MSFS has a lot of problems with cross-contaminated key-bindings that just appear out of nowhere.  The right-click mouse to move the camera around by default makes the engine ignition dial move back to normal from start. 

What is a virtual button?

• Like 1

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

A key binding issue was my first thought and I've checked the ESC key binding and it's only got the default pause function attached to it.  The joystick and quadrant have no bindings at all. It's a weird one.

Thanks for your responses though.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Are you using FSUIPC or Axes-and-Ohs?  An inadvertent assignment there could explain it as well.

• Like 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

17 minutes ago, Bob Scott said:

Are you using FSUIPC or Axes-and-Ohs?  An inadvertent assignment there could explain it as well.

No Bob, I'm not using any of these addons.  I'll have to do a bit more delving tomorrow to see if I can get to the bottom of it.  This has only arisen since adding the throttle quadrant a couple of days ago.

I've installed the drivers ( was expecting it to be plug and play TBH), updated the firmware and checked the callibrations.

If I can figure it out, I will let you know what the solution was.

You might also try cycling through the profiles assigned to the TCA quadrant--I have seen MSFS maintain phantom assignments that weren't visible in the selected control profile before--cycling through them and returning back to the desired profile always seems to clear the lingering boogers out.

For the life of me I can't understand why MS/Asobo chose to maintain local machine-specific configs like control assignments in the cloud...

• Like 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

10 hours ago, Bob Scott said:

You might also try cycling through the profiles assigned to the TCA quadrant--I have seen MSFS maintain phantom assignments that weren't visible in the selected control profile before--cycling through them and returning back to the desired profile always seems to clear the lingering boogers out.

For the life of me I can't understand why MS/Asobo chose to maintain local machine-specific configs like control assignments in the cloud...

Having had to do a reinstall of Windows recently I can understand why. I was very pleased that I did not have to go through the time waste of assigning all my controller inputs again.

That said, instead it decided to throw another issue regarding controllers that I had not seen before.

• Like 1

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Haha - I found it.  The L axis in the throttle quadrant was set to flaps.  The odd thing is that neither my joystick or throttle quadrant even has an L axis but I've deleted the assignment and all looks OK now.

Thanks to those that offered their words of advice and I hope this solution might save others from the same ballache.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, cianpars said:

Probably one I should be asking Thrustmaster but asking here on the off chance  that someone here has encountered this issue.  Having installed this device, everything works as expected except that every time I hit the escape key to pause the sim, then resume, full flaps are deployed.  Anyone had and fixed this?

Also, what effect do virtual buttons have?  I did Google it but am still none the wiser.

Thanks

I have the same problem, but not only full flaps deploy, do does my speed brake...at least it does in the Longitude.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cianpars said:

Haha - I found it.  The L axis in the throttle quadrant was set to flaps.  The odd thing is that neither my joystick or throttle quadrant even has an L axis but I've deleted the assignment and all looks OK now.

Thanks to those that offered their words of advice and I hope this solution might save others from the same ballache.

It's because it thinks you have the TCA airbus addon(an addition to the throttle pack) which has the spoiler and flaps axis. I used to have the same issue until I read online about the solution. Glad you got it resolved on your own. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cianpars said:

Thanks for the find. I to had L axis in the throttle quadrant was set to flaps. So I deleted it, but still have the problem of the speed brake, in the longitude, deploying. I'll have to do some investigating. Good find!!! 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dutch1 said:

Thanks for the find. I to had L axis in the throttle quadrant was set to flaps. So I deleted it, but still have the problem of the speed brake, in the longitude, deploying. I'll have to do some investigating. Good find!!! 

Delete the R-axis Z.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Dutch1 said:

Yeah, I'm guessing you have an axis in your controller settings assigned to the speedbrake just like I did to the flaps.

3 hours ago, cianpars said:

Yeah, I'm guessing you have an axis in your controller settings assigned to the speedbrake just like I did to the flaps.

Yes, you are correct, but I was at first searching for speed brake, and could find nothing in the settings, when I should of been searching for spoilers. Never would of gotten this, if it wasn't for your post..thanks again!!!

• Like 1