Sign in to follow this  
Rein2

Do you still buy scenery or aircraft for P3D?

I've practically stopped buying airport add-ons for P3D, but mainly because I have 1,5 years worth of airports I haven't even used yet. After I realised that, I put the parking brake on further purchases...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

Posted (edited)

I also still buy aicrafts and scenery for P3Dv5. I also have xplane 12 and fsx but try to limit my purchases for those sims to aircraft not available in P3D. I mainly try to buy when there are sales in order to save a couple of bucks but I dont strictly adhere to this rule. 😄

Edited by Blasb
  • Upvote 1

i7 13700K @ 5.3 ghz / DeepCool AK620 Cooler / MSI Z790 Tomahawk WiFi / 32GB Trident DDR5 RAM @ 7200 mhz / 24GB Gainward 3090 Geforce RTX  / 2 TB SSD WD Black SN850X NVMe / 1 TB SSD Samsung 990 Pro series / 2 TB SSD Samsung 980 Pro Series / 500 gb and 250 gb SSD Samsung Evo 850 / RM1000W Corsair PSU

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, philmurfin said:

I don't buy scenery as I make my own ortho scenery

same - bought 4TB HDD and making my own photo sceneries, still have some issues but overall result is far better than paid regions

Edited by Beardyman

Artur 

The only reason I haven't purchased anything lately is simply because I already have a TON of scenery & aircraft addons.

I'd be happy to purchase something new if it's well differentiated from what I already have here or in other sims.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Recently bought Concorde from FSL - big mistake, but no refunds ...

Artur 

2 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

Recently bought Concorde from FSL - big mistake, but no refunds ...

Why "big mistake"?

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

5 minutes ago, Juliett Alfa Romeo said:

Why "big mistake"?

Horrible performance, 3D model and texturing from FSX time - i expected something of totally different level, especially after so many years of development

• Like 2

Artur 

4 hours ago, dbw1 said:

Not buying for P3dV5.4 any more.

I am buying for V6. I have the SimAddOns airports for Canada which cover the country from coast to coast and up into the high arctic. Have started buying FC Scenery for Canada and have 3 provinces so far (will add more as the budget permits) and as to an add-on aircraft i have the Majestic dash 8 which is a great aircraft and works well in V6. Have added  Active Sky 6. There are a couple more good aircraft on the way for V6 and i will get them when available.

I am pleased with V6 so far and I see it getting much better over time much the same as the way MSFS has evolved.

Which aircraft are coming for v6?

I haven’t bought for P3D in years. Honestly there isn’t anything left for me to purchase. 

• Upvote 1

Interesting to see that some of us are still not only using P3D (both v5.x and 6.x) but also buying aircraft and scenery.

I recently bought the Maddog expansions (MD-83 and -88) as well as the Captainsim 767 base and freighter (during the Christmas sale). I haven't bought much scenery, though, as I already have a large number of airports as well as ORBX scenery areas.

I'm still very satisfied with P3D v5.4. I'm still happily flying around on the FSLabs A319/320/321 series, as well as the iFly 737 Max, TFDi 717, and Maddog aircraft. I do have XP12 and MSFS, but rarely use either. Old habits die hard, I guess.

• Upvote 2

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

What sort of problems are you getting and what program are you using?

I usually use Ortho4P3d at ZL 17 or 18, I'm not getting any problems.

After sticking with P3Dv4 for three years after the release of MSFS, I finally decided to switch to the new kid on the block late last year. That being the case, I uninstalled P3D and all of my addons, and I will not be using it or purchasing anything for it again. Having said that, I had a great time with v4 (never saw any reason to upgrade to v5 or v6), and I will always have fond memories.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 hours ago, philmurfin said:

What sort of problems are you getting and what program are you using?

I usually use Ortho4P3d at ZL 17 or 18, I'm not getting any problems.

I  use FSET - mainly have problems having trees inside water - not everywhere but it happens

Artur 

If something pops up that looks like I'll use and I can get a good price on it I'll purchase it.  I've been doing the same for MSFS as I'd like to start poking around with that for my cockpit here this year.  Only buy when there are sales.

Building a full scale 737-800 Simulator running P3D v5.x 210 degree wrap around screenspacer.png

Jason Lohrenz (@lohrenz737) • Instagram photos and videos

Lohrenz 737 Simulator Project (lohrenzsimulator.com)