Sign in to follow this  
duesenwerni

Cockspur Phenom 100 has been released

12 hours ago, turbomax said:

and has never flown a real airplane. which is ok, but not for "reviewing" an aircraft addon. being first on youtube is enough. fortunately there are plenty of real Phenom cockpit videos on youtube, I have never come across any of their pilots here though. 🤣

it's like reviewing an electrical guitar without ever having played a single chord. or a car but not holding a drivers license. who would listen to such "reviews" ?

What get's me every time, is you'd THINK that these aircraft are developed with the co-operation of real world qualified pilots (at least one) - on the type..  And if that is the case, why not use that person to create a proper walk-though of the aircraft and systems with a proper demonstration.     I cannot stand these hack-job YT reviews where people who have barely functional knowledge of the principles of flight do reviews of complex aircraft within an hour of release.  The most you get from this kind of review is 'oh this switch doesn't seem to work - or is it...I don't know'  

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, JYW said:

I'm not keen on the "A330 Driver" guy as I find him a bit arrogant, but at least he has basic aircraft operation knowledge for most jet types. 

Hahaha, I certainly hope so since he is an ATP.
My guess (and hope) is that his knowledge goes a bit beyond 'basic'

• Like 1

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

6 hours ago, ErichB said:

What get's me every time, is you'd THINK that these aircraft are developed with the co-operation of real world qualified pilots (at least one) - on the type..  And if that is the case, why not use that person to create a proper walk-though of the aircraft and systems with a proper demonstration.     I cannot stand these hack-job YT reviews where people who have barely functional knowledge of the principles of flight do reviews of complex aircraft within an hour of release.  The most you get from this kind of review is 'oh this switch doesn't seem to work - or is it...I don't know'  

I can tell you from experience, what people want is clear. Do a tech tip video, get a gazillion views. Do a video on IFR procedures, get a tenth of the views, if that. Same with real-world ops, people clearly favor cartoonish reviews. What you do get with the more realistic videos on IFR procedures or aircraft is much longer viewing durations: the people who do watch this stuff are very interested in it. But the views numbers are what they are, and they tell the story.

I think half the reason people watch Jonathan Beckett is because he has a nice accent. In his review of the 207 he wondered why there was a clock on the panel. I told him it's because it's required equipment for IFR flight. He contested that, "Why don't planes with a GPS have them?" Well, because every GPS has a built-in clock, to make them IFR legal.

Sigh.

Edited by mryan75
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Egbert Drenth said:

Hahaha, I certainly hope so since he is an ATP.
My guess (and hope) is that his knowledge goes a bit beyond 'basic'

Yes, I think everyone knows he's an ATP, formerly on the 737 and now on the A330.

If however, he'd never flown a specific business jet, would his specific knowledge of that type be anything more than basic?   (No need to reply - It's a hypothetical question).    That's all I meant, which I thought was obvious.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

13 minutes ago, JYW said:

Yes, I think everyone knows he's an ATP, formerly on the 737 and now on the A330.

If however, he'd never flown a specific business jet, would his specific knowledge of that type be anything more than basic?   (No need to reply - It's a hypothetical question).    That's all I meant, which I thought was obvious.

Yes and no. Systems in turbine aircraft are by and large the same (hydraulics, electrics, apu, etc), as are the procedures. Start procedures vary a little bit, but if you know how to start a turbine engine you can start pretty much any of them. Biggest difference really is FMCs and "quirks". But I've watched quite a few of his videos on different aircraft, he knows what's what.

Not all YT videos are the same, I get that but surely viewer discretion is advised. I glean what information I can get from each video, if I don't get something I need, I look elsewhere. Each video does for me, still have some merit such as what is included in the package, quality of modelling, textures, animation, sounds, any bugs they uncover etc. I wouldn't be taking one video as the gospel of what the aircraft offers or how it should be operated. Each to their own.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

Now I know what I did wrong on YouTube since 2013! YouTube done right brings 50 - 100 bucks every five minutes while streaming trash (and having ten dozens of chats running as overlay all over the screen) as "donation money" from complete strangers while playing top-rated quality games like COD or Fortnite every evening for two hours 😄

And I´d also get every game for free 3 months before release, a GeForce 4090 ti + all other computer parts from brandnew DDR5 mainboard with ultra high end processor to 500$ 2000 watts PSU no normal human would ever need, donated for free............ "to test". Including a HTC Vive "to test for my followers."

Aaaaw that´s the big cat life.... I could own a Beechcraft Bonanza in real-life bought only from Paypal donation money instead of waiting another 12 months for the next Black Square Piston Duke development update ...... Well... whatever. It is what it is ..... Back to topic, when I saw the G1000 in the Phenom this airplane was immediately dismissed and I re-checked for the Black Square Bonanza Baron and Piston Duke updates.

No glass cockpits running on my simulator here 😉 except the Fenix. But an eighties-airliner is a whole different animal and not what considered nowadays as glass-cockpit.

• Like 1

Can an end-user provide any sound edits to enable click sounds for the "overhead" panel containing the light switches? As someone else noted, everything else has clicks except for up top above the windshield.

Or, is this something only Cockspur can fix? If the latter, has the issue been formally reported to them? (I can do so within the next day if not)

• Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

I did end up putting out a paint for this just today.  It's not dynamic reg capable but I hope to get it figured out soon.

It's got a nice hand painted tail though

And it's red!

I'm plugging it haha

https://flightsim.to/file/67362/n511wt-for-cockspur-ph100

53458394434_bc40603eb8_o.jpgUntitled-6 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

53458394429_ec2dab156e_o.jpgUntitled-9 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

• Like 15

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

48 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

I did end up putting out a paint for this just today.  It's not dynamic reg capable but I hope to get it figured out soon.

Love this livery color. I'll be looking for the registration update. Thx

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

1 hour ago, Twenty6 said:

Love this livery color. I'll be looking for the registration update. Thx

It won't be nearly as nice as the hand painted - but I hope to at least get a dark red reg on there.  So far no developer has done as nice as Black Square with regards to dynamic registration.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

i thought i remembered seeing a screenshot of an EFB for this bird (like an iphone suctioned to the window) but I can't seem to find it. Assumed it controlled w&b and such. anyone know where to find this?
also i clicked on the pax tables but they don't seem to unfold as i saw in the previews as well. thanks for the help

Guys, if like watching youtubers; 😃😃

Corporate Pilot Dad (Corporate pilot Cessna Citation+ or Excel)

V1-pilot "A320pilot" (Previously flew the Kingair/Beech1900 AND Cessna Citation)

P1A-Driver (F16-pilot "retired")

Captain Moonbeam(Citation, Cessna 208)

Stewo1kinevo (*THE TBM-pilot* to follow)

*Oldie but goldie*(Guido Warnecke) Flies a lot of Citation *ferry-flights* accross the pond

Citation-MAX, flies Citation M2+ (g3000?)

That's a few of my favorite Bizz-jet pilots and they usually show a lot to a simmer/"focusing a lot on the Headsett audio"

There was *a Mustang-jet* pilot also that flew out of Arizona.. area airport (Pilot Rich?)

-------

There are a few Challenger-350/800 and /Gulfstream pilots also.. 

But many of these pilot-vids are just really short landing /takeoff vids.. 

AS a complete Beechjet "nut"

There's also 2 guys I recently discovered who are New York based.. (Jet Driver 400) Beechjet-400A

I can't forget if you like rust-bucket analog style jets there are the complete Beechjet series by Lalo Mijares ? (Mexican guy?) When he flew as a First- officer? Maybe he advanced to Captain not sure..

I don't think that he flies that much anymore he became a Weatherman/Aviation-Weatherman or something... after that..

Edited by Rune-ENHD