Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

List of airliners coming to MSFS in 2024/2025?

Posted (edited)

It's quite impressive the list of airliners coming to MSFS in the next 2 years. The 3rd party development scene for MSFS has never been as strong, with so many 3rd party devs having announcing products for MSFS. From my knowledge, these are the airliners that I know that are likely coming to MSFS in 2024/2025:

• inIBuilds A350
  • iniBuilds A380 (could be after 2025, but iniBuilds is pretty fast so I think 2025 is possible)
  • PMDG 777
  • PMDG 737 Max
  • iFly 737 MAX
  • Bluebird 757
  • Bluebird 767 (not sure if Bluebird can release both the 757 and 767 by 2025, it may just one one and not the other)
  • Fenix A319/A321
  • TDFI MD-11
  • Just Flight A300B4
  • Just Flight RJ Professional
  • FBW A380 (could be after 2025, I guess we will see when FBW decides to release it)
  • Aerosoft A330

Am I missing anything in this list for 2024/2025?

Beyond 2024/2025, I can see the PMDG 747 coming, whatever FSLabs has cooking for MSFS, and the Majestic Q400. And of course this list doesn't include the GA planes or military planes coming to MSFS, the list would be even way longer.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I’m assuming the PMDG 747 is going to arrive in 2025, before the Max?

We’ve had a couple of mentions that work is actually taking place on the 747 whereas the Max has been one ‘could be, might be statement’ and then radio silence?

I’m quite happy to be corrected on this but evidence of PMDG actually working on this seems pretty thin on the ground….

I take it there’s no chance of anyone making the VC10, the nicest airliner I’ve ever flown in?

• Like 1

I’m sure I read the MAX will drop out of nowhere during the 777 release cycle. 

Scott Griffiths

11 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

I’m assuming the PMDG 747 is going to arrive in 2025, before the Max?

Well, PMDG was stuck working on the EFB for a long time in 2022 and 2023. The PMDG 737 released in May of 2022, if my memory is correct. If it takes 3 months of beta testing, the PMDG 777 will probably release in March, or worst case, April of this year. So it will have been almost 2 years between the PMDG 737 and PMDG 777 release.

Maybe things will speed up with the 747 for PMDG since they finally got the EFB released and I assume that probably delayed the 777 by a little? I don't know, but I would say 2026 is a safer bet for the 747 for PMDG, with 2025 being a possibility for the 747.  PMDG is much more productive now in MSFS because they are more familiar with it, and I think Asobo also made some changes to make development easier for PMDG and other high fidelity developers, so I can see 2025 is possible for the PMDG 747, although I would put my chips on 2026 as a safer bet.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Brocky120 said:

I'm assuming a 24/25 release for these but could be wrong:

• Synaptics - A220
  • DFD - A350

Thanks.  These two are volunteer projects so if they want to reach a decent level of fidelity before they release their project, it could take them a while to get there. Unless they are willing to release their project prematurely with lower fidelity when its released, I can definitely see these two projects going beyond 2025.

While FBW is also a volunteer project, my understanding is that the FBW team is much bigger and has more resources, so the productivity of the FBW team is probably much higher than Synaptics and DFD - this is my guess, and based on the updates I have seen from FBW, Synaptics, and DFD.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1

I believe FSLabs Concorde too, and with luck, their full line of airbuses 🙂

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Just Flight Fokker 70/100 as well.

• Like 3

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

2 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Thanks.  These two are volunteer projects so if they want to reach a decent level of fidelity before they release their project, it could take them a while to get there. Unless they are willing to release their project prematurely with lower fidelity when its released, I can definitely see these two projects going beyond 2025.

While FBW is also a volunteer project, my understanding is that the FBW team is much bigger and has more resources, so the productivity of the FBW team is probably much higher than Synaptics and DFD - this is my guess, and based on the updates I have seen from FBW, Synaptics, and DFD.

Well you can never be sure with these great teams, FBW, DFD and Synaptic are all showing very high quality standards currently, when any of them will release and what state is anyone's guess.

• Like 1

Aerodynamics DC-10/KC-10 (freeware iirc)

10.png?auto=compress,format&q=90

6.png?auto=compress,format&q=90

• Like 3

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

44 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

I don't know, but I would say 2026 is a safer bet for the 747

1 hour ago, abrams_tank said:

FBW A380 (could be after 2025

I think your timing is far too pessimistic.

RSR has said that PMDG has hired more staff. That should enable them to get through their pipeline of upcoming products faster (unless another commercial project is prioritised).

As for the FBW A380, I'm sure fatigue will set in if the team is working on the same aircraft for 3+ years. There's an incentive to get it out of the door this year, if only to be hailed for providing the sole freeware long-haul airliner in 2024.

Other airliners not listed:

• JustFlight 747 classic
  • SWS/FSReborn 727

But to be frank, I'm just going to kick back and enjoy whichever airliners arrive on the scene (whether this year, next or later still) and take my fancy.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I thought I read that Just Flight RJ Professional was coming out in January.

Really really looking forward to that one. Hopefully it will be as good as the BAe-146

Ron

Ron

MSFS -Just flight Piper arrow 28-  A2A Comanche250 - COWS DA42 - Cessna 310 -Cessna 414
Black Square Baron - FSR500 - SimWorks PC12 - Black Square TBM 850
146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-600

1 hour ago, scotgr said:

I’m sure I read the MAX will drop out of nowhere during the 777 release cycle. 

I wonder if they will program the Max sidewall blowing out?

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Looking good! Hopefully E-jets get VNAV as well this year

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI