Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

FBW 32N review...

1 minute ago, Vel said:

I have no idea. We have A330 Driver (ex 737 pilot) and A320 Sim Pilot (who is now a 787 pilot!). 

Flightdeck2sim (737 pilot) seems "neutral" 😉

Regradless, I think its great to have real world airline pilots giving us the benfit of their knowledge and still taking an interest in simulation. 

Watchout! there are a lot of airline pilots and not all their knowledge aligned LOL 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

He makes videos every single day. Would a full time A330 pilot be able to get home every night to make and edit videos? He also was making vids every day when getting supposedly training for an A330 type rating. Fatigue apparently doesn't happen to him. I do apologize in advance if I'm wrong. 

• Like 3

Tony Fontaine

33 minutes ago, CaptBillyBob said:

He makes videos every single day. Would a full time A330 pilot be able to get home every night to make and edit videos? He also was making vids every day when getting supposedly training for an A330 type rating. Fatigue apparently doesn't happen to him. I do apologize in advance if I'm wrong. 

@CaptBillyBob - a quick look at his channel and related information shows that he very much is a qualified 737 pilot and doubtless an A330 pilot too. His real name is Emanuel Hagen,. He flew for a number of years with a European operator (Ryanair) on the 737 (data available on Linkedin) and was a "Tech Advisor" (Beta Tester) for PMDG . He changed jobs and obtained his A330 type rating. In the comments of one of his videos he explained that he bulk records his videos in his spare time, in between long haul flights and then queues them for upload to youtube.

Those are the facts as I understand them. I take him at face value and enjoy his videos, though not always his stye of delivery!

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, CaptBillyBob said:

You are aware of the possibility to make multiple videos in one go and then release them day after day? As a long haul pilot he has quite a lot of entire off days.

13 hours ago, CaptBillyBob said:

Get some understanding how modern media (more precise: being a youtube content creator) works. 😉

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

I just wanted to love my work as much as those youtubers love theirs...

Unfortunately I spend all day ( and night ) long dreaming of having their job, and even when I go flying for real in my glider I sometimes enter "dream mode" and imagine I am landing an Airbus 🤣

V1-Simulations, Flightdeck2sim,  330Driver former 737Driver, and other RW pilots who are also simmers are guys I "envy" for their jobs and passion, and talent to create youtube content that is actually useful for me to learn a lot of stuff...

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 5

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Especially his "stream-style" videos, which I don't know even how much he edits them down, one can spend a day recording and then post. If it needs editing, he can do it on a laptop in a hotel. 

I still can't understand what he's saying at the beginning of each his video.

"Hello everyone! Welcome to the channel. I am a xxxxx." What name he uses? 🤔

19 minutes ago, Vitold69 said:

I still can't understand what he's saying at the beginning of each his video.

"Hello everyone! Welcome to the channel. I am a xxxxx." What name he uses? 🤔

"Emanuel" - not to be misunderstood as "Emmanuelle" !!! 🤣

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

To me, it always sounds like 'A-mano' as in 'Mano-a-mano'.  

Edited by ErichB

1 minute ago, ErichB said:

To me, it always sounds like 'A-mano' as in 'Mano-a-mano'

Essa foi boa Mano !

• Like 2

Main Simulation Rig:

5 hours ago, jcomm said:

I just wanted to love my work as much as those youtubers love theirs...

Unfortunately I spend all day ( and night ) long dreaming of having their job, and even when I go flying for real in my glider I sometimes enter "dream mode" and imagine I am landing an Airbus 🤣

V1-Simulations, Flightdeck2sim,  330Driver former 737Driver, and other RW pilots who are also simmers are guys I "envy" for their jobs and passion, and talent to create youtube content that is actually useful for me to learn a lot of stuff...

Yeah... and I have to say that Emanuel is also one of the most humble youtubers out there. I am curious to know what he did in the past to attract negative comments, as far as I can say he doesn't deserve any toxicity and I hope none of it will get to him.

• Like 2

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

1 minute ago, jcomm said:

Essa foi boa Mano !

True, though, no?

• Like 1