Sign in to follow this  
paulwain

Airbus Mini FCU - Back In Stock ( Limited)

1920 units in stock right now may not actually be too limited but curious how long that lasts. I got one as an inital backer and like it a lot 

EDIT alright, seemingly that number actually IS limited as the units are dropping rather fast... 3 down in less than a minute 😉

Screenshot-2024-01-15-173227.png

Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I stand corrected, down to 1788 units left now

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Now that there's software* to make it fully compatible with the Fenix A320, it will fly off the shelves.

*Mobiflight, Fragtality's Fenix Quartz and some files off FS.to (all freeware). Similar compatibility 'hacks' exist on other hardware options to also make them function fully.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqRHKL9kvQ0

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

58 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

it will fly off the shelves.

1627 now…

wish there was a dummy guide how to use it with the Fenix. Did not want to try any firmware hack so far. Learned recently that spadnext in a current beta does support the minifcu without any firmware hack?

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

Colour me interested. 

What's the limits with the Fenix? That's my Airbus of choice. I presume the buttons and rotaries can be programmed with Axis and Ohs but maybe the annuncuators and displays don't work? The way their FAQ reads it sort of sounds like Fenix don't want this type of equipment to work?

Doesn't sound quite so plug and play as some other aircraft....

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

25 minutes ago, KL Oo said:

Doesn't sound quite so plug and play as some other aircraft....

We come close to that. But from what i learned Fenix licensed the prosim software which does not allow talking to minicockpits DLS software directly. But by now there seem to be workarounds, mobiflight and spad.next together with the quartz mod. Didn’t jump onto this myself yet but will go with mobiflight the next days, more info can be found on minicockpits discord server

Phil Leaven

8 minutes ago, KL Oo said:

What's the limits with the Fenix?

Out of the box, the miniFCU works with miniCOCKPIT's own software with the Fenix A320, in that the buttons and dials function perfectly. What's missing is the showing of speed, heading and altitude in the physical unit's display windows.

Why is that? Well, to get a headstart with their version of an A320 in MSFS, Fenix Sim licensed a consumer-only version A320 for MSFS from ProSim. The agreement precluded the ability for the Fenix A320 to work fully with certain types of hardware (ProSim attempting to protecting themselves from losing their commercial users to a much cheaper alternative).

With some downloading and installing of tools and files, the hardware can be made to fully function with the Fenix A320

In my earlier post I linked Easyjetsimpilot's step-by-step guide on how to achieve this. Anyone uncomfortable with any of the steps described should not buy hardware with only the Fenix A320 in mind (the FBW A320 works great with the miniFCU straight out of the box).

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Well there is also soon winwing view... so curious how that will be an alternative or not...

Edited by virtualstuff

André

32 minutes ago, virtualstuff said:

Well there is also soon winwing view... so curious how that will be an alternative or not...

Do you know if we can still preorder that ? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

9 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Do you know if we can still preorder that ? 

Don't know the status as of now, will email WinWing with that exact question... just asked the question via email

Edited by virtualstuff

André

Does anyone have information on how to set this up with Spad.next?

I’ve seen that it’s “officially supported” but haven’t been able to find any info on how to get it up and running. Mobiflight wouldn’t work for me. 

Was thinking to buy this one. But well 250 euros is quite a step from kickstarter prices of 99 or 149 bucks.

And if we add taxes and delivery price and import taxes I can be on 450 or maybe 500 euros for this small box, so another 250 euros just in taxes and import taxes and delivery, have to hard pass 😟

Will try that winwing. Hope I can still try that early bird price.

5 hours ago, DiscoSweat said:

Mobiflight wouldn’t work for me.

tried that now and it does work. if you followed easyjetpilot's video then you need to add some extra steps, at least I had to on my side, e.g. assigning an orphaned module before the digits came up...

Phil Leaven