Sign in to follow this  
peroni

What's in 12.1.0? Official info

19 minutes ago, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

Then how can it be in 12.08 and dead last?

Easy. They're simply talking about different merge requests within their git server and being vague in their blog post describing them. The blurbs are each under entirely different section headings.

It's folks like you who are intentionally reading between the lines to 'justify' a tantrum.

Your squeaking isn't changing anything on that one. Your demands are a minuscule portion of their market. You're as noisy as a linux user and just as forgettable.

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

7 minutes ago, blingthinger said:

Your demands are a minuscule portion of their market. You're as noisy as a linux user and just as forgettable.

Sorry, but a Professional flight simulator platform "which Austin has stated time and time again that's what X-Plane is all about, unlike the other flight sim platform that is a game" rely on networking and not piece-meal type networking. So if it's the pro market X-Plane wants then networking is "NOT" a minuscule portion of their market.

• Like 2

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

39 minutes ago, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

This nonsense with them being vague is just pissing off customers

Im not?? Problem with them telling everyone whats going on, especially with things that may be difficult, is just that. If they resolve some issues they will be added,just not mentioning it doesnt men its not a priority, just that its not a guarantee. They have added lots of fixes that may not be mentioned. Doesnt matter what they do, people always unhappy.

5 minutes ago, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

So if it's the pro market X-Plane wants then networking is "NOT" a minuscule portion of their market.

Compared to mobile and consumer desktop it is. The real money-makers in this segment clearly either don't care enough about your networking eye-candy demands or are confident enough in LR's progress behind the scenes that they aren't making a public fuss. Yet. Folks like you are indeed a minuscule portion.

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

55 minutes ago, Bjoern said:

Until it gets improved for good, as a stopgap, cockpits can be made slightly lighter by decreasing shadow levels in clear weather:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/279844-cockpits-too-dark-in-xplane-12-cockpit-lights-seem-to-be-related-to-the-airport_lights/&do=findComment&comment=2657572

I had already discovered the solution proposed by the Org forum 4 years ago with XP11. 

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/122225-very-dark-cockpits/&page=2#comment-2094117

The script trick is 100% identical to that of the year 2020, and consists of removing all the shadows or lightening them so that they are less black.
Unfortunately this trick (which worked very well in XP11) does not work effectively with XP12.
Due to the new lighting system the XP12 cockpits do not improve with that script, they do not become at all as bright as in XP11.
Personally I'm no longer using that trick with Xp12, it doesn't work well and generates graphical bugs on the edges (the frames) of the cockpit instruments. 🤷‍♂️

Currently the only script lines I'm using in Xp12 are these:

set( "sim/private/controls/autoexposure/gain_hi", 0)
set( "sim/private/controls/autoexposure/gain_lo", 0)
set( "sim/private/controls/autoexposure/null_hi", 0)
set( "sim/private/controls/autoexposure/null_lo", 0)
set( "sim/private/controls/tonemap/blend", 0)
set( "sim/private/controls/rain/kill_3d_rain", 1)

-The first 4 lines block the "blinded camera effect". Finally no more white overexposed skies! No more destroyed sunsets! No more cockpits that turn light and dark as you move your mouse! No more cameras inserted into eyeballs! 🙌
-The fifth line slightly increases the overall lighting tonemap contrast. 🌄
-The last line block the "squid black ink rain effect". 🐙

These six scripts lines do not solve the most serious problems of XP12 (antialiasing bug, tonemapper bug, etc etc). 
For the fixing of those defects we have to wait v12.1. 

* FS2004 Supersky * ( Atmo Ambient Environment addon) creator.
* XP11 atmoXphere * (
Atmo Ambient Environment addon ) creator.
XP12.0.8 * with ACT (A
mbient Corrector Tweek ).

[Pc intel i3-4160 3.6ghz, 8gb ram, GeForce RTX-3060 12gb, Win10 Home 64bit]

54 minutes ago, blingthinger said:

Compared to mobile and consumer desktop it is. The real money-makers in this segment clearly either don't care enough about your networking eye-candy demands or are confident enough in LR's progress behind the scenes that they aren't making a public fuss. Yet. Folks like you are indeed a minuscule portion.

prossibly no yes.

commercial use has a lot more spending floating around than just the software licence fee, that rarely if ever gets public coverage, maybe if like say the CL650 the devs are also allowed to sell it to consumers you'll see glimpses of what is being delivered to commercial customers.

The fact NDAs are a thing make it very hard to have any kind of idea what is going on.

AutoATC Developer

There is no need to get personal, what is minor/trivial for one person is a deal breaker for another. e.g. There are things I have wanted in the scenery system for years that are pushed further and further down the road.

The actual 12.1.0 features looks pretty exciting to me, I like and welcome the visual improvements coming, but also I'm very interested to see things like synthetic vision added to the G1000 which are planned further down the road.

I've given up with ATC as it still does strange things, e.g. Flying in a C172 and it asks me to climb up to 8000ft on approach and fly 10NM away from the airport for no apparent reason, only to take me on massive detour for a visual approach. It seems to this point, nobody has managed to create anything that even comes close to real ATC, and PilotEdge is too limited in its coverage area for me.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, tonywob said:

I've given up with ATC as it still does strange things, e.g. Flying in a C172 and it asks me to climb up to 8000ft on approach and fly 10NM away from the airport for no apparent reason, only to take me on massive detour for a visual approach. It seems to this point, nobody has managed to create anything that even comes close to real ATC, and PilotEdge is too limited in its coverage area for me.

Agree it is frustrating when ATC cannot even handle some of the basic stuff.
Jim Keir joined Laminar nearly 3 years ago and while ATC has improved a lot from XP11 it still does a lot of funny things like you described above. 
I wonder why it is taking that long to get something worthwhile.

If you tried sayintentions.ai when XP was supported, you could see how incredibly engaging it is when ATC interacts with you (and without relying on a live person on the other side, aka Pilotedge)

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, efis007 said:

These six scripts lines do not solve the most serious problems of XP12 (antialiasing bug, tonemapper bug, etc etc). 
For the fixing of those defects we have to wait v12.1

There is also a fix for the antialiasing-issue that is described here: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/293084-anti-aliasing-solution/

Applying it - together with blowing-up my screen-resolution via a DSR-factor (Nvidia-settings) - that problem has almost completely disappeared. The only situation where I notice a non-perfect AA is with snow on the ground. Other than the AA is close to perfect now on my system.

Edited by Franz007
  • Like 1

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

Water opacity , this should be good

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

20 hours ago, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

Then how can it be in 12.08 and dead last??? One can program on the beach, don't care where it gets done as long as it gets done. This nonsense with them being vague is just pissing off customers! It's now spreading over discord. so as they say, the squeaky wheel gets the oil., 

It was not, or never dead last. 

- 12.0.8 We put in a range of fixes and improvements to networking (e.g. CTDs, Xavion connectivity, infinite loading loops and more.)

- POST 12.1.0 we also have more improvements, mostly related to synchronization. Pawel has been working solely on networking.

- The "In Progress" list isn't some list of our priority. 

We're targeting consistent and regular improvements to networking as a whole. So lets have cooler heads please.

Phillip of LR  made a comment in the Org about the list of feature coming in 12.1. It looks like the OP was the short list.

That's just the graphics content of 12.1. That leaves out about three pages of new systems stuff.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/300384-provisional-details-on-contents-of-upcoming-1210-release/#comment-2662851

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

19 hours ago, efis007 said:

set( "sim/private/controls/autoexposure/gain_hi", 0)

set( "sim/private/controls/autoexposure/gain_lo", 0)
set( "sim/private/controls/autoexposure/null_hi", 0)
set( "sim/private/controls/autoexposure/null_lo", 0)

-The first 4 lines block the "blinded camera effect". Finally no more white overexposed skies! No more destroyed sunsets! No more cockpits that turn light and dark as you move your mouse! No more cameras inserted into eyeballs! 🙌

Intresting. I may just play with that if I get around.

7 hours ago, tonywob said:

IFR or VFR? Problematic terrain around the airport?

At some point, I lowered my expectations for default ATC enough to just ignore nonsensical instructions (like the zig-zag vectoring to the first flight plan waypoint after departure). Still, VFR approaches rarely give me problems. I also find myself using it for everything except IFR with SIDs/STARs.

You always need to keep in mind that default ATC is heavily dependent on the underlying airport. If the author messed up the field's apt.dat, ATC will not correct for it.

4 hours ago, peroni said:

Agree it is frustrating when ATC cannot even handle some of the basic stuff.
Jim Keir joined Laminar nearly 3 years ago and while ATC has improved a lot from XP11 it still does a lot of funny things like you described above. 
I wonder why it is taking that long to get something worthwhile.

If you tried sayintentions.ai when XP was supported, you could see how incredibly engaging it is when ATC interacts with you (and without relying on a live person on the other side, aka Pilotedge)

AI and ATC is all fun and games until you run into edge cases, need to test the smallest things and pad the logic against user stupidity (well, just like regular programming) and growing feature complexity increases the required efforts for a bug free experience tenfold.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

10 minutes ago, Bjoern said:

IFR or VFR? Problematic terrain around the airport?

It was VFR... I was approaching an airport (I think it was Bellingham in Washington), and asked to land. I was vectored away from the airport over the water and told to climb to 8000ft... 30 minutes later after a huge pointless detour, I was finally on a very long visual approach to the runway. There was same terrain around the airport, but I wasn't vectored towards that. 

For a local solution I wish FSHUD could be made available for XP...

It was my best sw purchase of 2023 and I really enjoy it in P3D and MFS...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...