Sign in to follow this  
LEFTSEAT

Bluebird update

Love their transparency and they way they are keeping us updated! Can't wait for this bird 🙂

• Like 1

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

I really want a 757 as it is one of may favourite aircraft of all time.  So this is looking like a promising candidate for some of my money.

Just one thing.  I know this is work in progress, but a lot of the essence of the look of the B757 is in the nose.  What do people think?

Rob (but call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind).

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, mryan75 said:

“Hopefully in 2024…” 😳

Well, it seems they basically decided to start over so...

• Upvote 1

Dan Scott

6 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

I really want a 757 as it is one of may favourite aircraft of all time.  So this is looking like a promising candidate for some of my money.

Just one thing.  I know this is work in progress, but a lot of the essence of the look of the B757 is in the nose.  What do people think?

I think the nose looks more like an A320 in the video. Is that what you meant?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

a lot of the essence of the look of the B757 is in the nose.  What do people think?

I think it currently looks elongated compared to a real 757.

spacer.png

As an aside, 5 iterations of the VC is a lot and practically restarting the project means a lot of costs have been incurred.

I just hope that's not reflected in the final price. The market for MD-80 and MD-11 style pricing is not as big as, say, where Fenix pitched theirs, especially with BlueBird bringing a paid expansion.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

I think the nose looks more like an A320 in the video. Is that what you meant?

Yes.  It looks a bit off, but it is hard to place.  Not enough polys?  Not sure.  Doesn't quite look right for the 757 though.  Maybe a tad too long as well like @F737MAX says.

I don't like to be picky, but like I say, the essence of the 757's looks is in its nose shape - quite unique.  When I was a kid, our local enthusiast group used to call them Dolphins. :smile:

Edited by bobcat999

Rob (but call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind).

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

3 hours ago, Cognita said:

Feature creep will be the death of this project.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

I know this is work in progress, but a lot of the essence of the look of the B757 is in the nose.  What do people think?

I think you're right. The 757 is all about that front end and this one looks off somehow.

• Like 1

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

I have this beauty and the 777 in my sights for this year. I remember the 1st time I saw a 757 back in the 80s, I believe it was a Condor, I remember thinking the fuselage was like a pencil compared to the bulky little 737-200s I was used to seeing. Such a beautiful aircraft sans the modern winglets!

On a side note - can anyone tell me what kind of camera is being used in the 2nd cockpit demo when the dev is showing IRS alignment? I've seen this being used in many vids and can't tell if it's a mod or a setting I'm missing. It seems to have more realistic movement as he looks around the cockpit, a slight rocking motion to be exact. Cheers!

• Like 1

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

3 hours ago, F737MAX said:

I think it currently looks elongated compared to a real 757.

spacer.png

As an aside, 5 iterations of the VC is a lot and practically restarting the project means a lot of costs have been incurred.

I just hope that's not reflected in the final price. The market for MD-80 and MD-11 style pricing is not as big as, say, where Fenix pitched theirs, especially with BlueBird bringing a paid expansion.

The only cost incurred on the VC iterations is time.  It won't affect our intended price one bit. I can't comment on the price but it will be very competitive.  We're not greedy, no worries 🙂 

And guys I appreciate the critique on the nose, but I disagree with you on this. You need to understand camera perspective when looking at these pics. As we have said it multiple times in the past,  it's the fish eye effect on the camera that makes the nose look elongated.  Asobo needs to fix the camera.  We do our best to mitigate that effect but it still throws people off.  I apparently can't just paste an image into this post.  I took a screen shot of the nose directly from the side but I can't directly paste it here.  We used a combination of drawings and pictures to make sure the nose shape is accurate.  That is one thing we want to get right for a 757. 

I'm going to paste some pics from my FB page instead.  This is from 3ds max in orthographic view ( to get rid of perspective distortion ) They are not straight on but I think this gives a more accurate indication of the nose shape. spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 10

yeah that 2nd picture might show what we are seeing.  It has a flattened aspect to it in this view. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

7 hours ago, Cognita said:

Yeah it’s just that this really puts it off my radar for now. 

54 minutes ago, mryan75 said:

Yeah it’s just that this really puts it off my radar for now. 

Lol. Rather have a product not half baked. You would soon complain if that was the case.

• Upvote 1