Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

New water masks next week?

Coming with the world update?

• Like 2

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I sincerely hope that this WU also adds watermasks in the Carribean, yes. But so many times this was a disapointment regarding this, expectations are low...

• Like 4

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

For Caribbean probably, but i think it will still be limited and not part of the on-going project to have them around all the world. We'll see i guess

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

As far as I'm concerned is everything they improve now a thing they dont have to improve in MSFS 2024.

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

Removal of all of those non existent land bars would be my primary request for this update.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

5 hours ago, AnkH said:

I sincerely hope that this WU also adds watermasks in the Carribean, yes. But so many times this was a disapointment regarding this, expectations are low...

Watermasking in the Caribbean is amazing as it is. When the sim came out there weren’t any but now they’re literally everywhere in the islands. It can only get better. 

I won't hold my breath. I will wait to see what this WU16 has to offer since in their initial review many of the islands has misrepresentated locations for Antigua and the water masks are/were not even close to what we have on the island. 

Time will tell. 

• Like 2

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

I wonder if FS2024 will have all the water masks when it releases...

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

Below is what they said they'll be doing in the last dev stream including water masks improvements, so let's see... I'll take any improvements to the Caribbean be it water masks, DEM, etc as it's a beautiful region to fly around in.

Direct link to timestamp in stream where they start talking about water masking improvements and then WU16: https://youtu.be/n0Ugsjs-Os0?t=2573

Transcript:  https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/november-dev-stream-2023-transcription/619372
It’s funny that, I don’t know if you guys know stuff or whatnot, but a lot of people said, “Hey, can we have the Caribbean?” Yep, that’s exactly what we’re working on. So obviously, in the Caribbean, not like more than any other place, but shallow waters are very important, which is why we’re running this experiment.

And then, I just made pictures, like always. So, there’s new elevation data that we have. We have actually done another experiment with a new type of height fields. So that will be interesting to get your feedback on. Totally new aerials, we made 104 POIs, seven bespoke airports, and then like always, three landing challenges, three bush trips. And so, I just made some pictures. and I’m not even going to comment. But I’m very ready, given that it’s winter now, here. I’m longing for the sun. And I will do that in Flight Sim in the Caribbean. Gonna be great.

But you can see here, some of these pictures, you see the shallow waters are missing? So it’ll be a lot better. I’m hoping. There’s like** two teams working on this, hopefully very it’ll work out. So there’s seven airports, and I made just a couple pictures. And by the way, we’re working with Gaya on this. It’s gonna be great quality. Everyone ready for the sun? Yes, I am. **I always am.

Alright, then there’s bush trips: Cuba, Haiti, Dominican Republic, and Puerto Rico. I didn’t put all the landing challenges and everything, but you get the picture. I think it’s going to be really cool. It’s awesome.

And to the bathymetry thing, because somebody was asking, yeah, I mean, what we end up doing is we talk to all the GIS institutes in all those countries. Specifically in these countries, they’re not all that interested to map out the precise LIDAR of their volcanic rocks, essentially. But they do care about bathymetry. So we are actually getting their bathymetry, at least information, but we’re not putting this in here. We currently have no system that would use it, but longer term, it’s something which I would be interested in.

Edited by lwt1971

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

5 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

But you can see here, some of these pictures, you see the shallow waters are missing? So it’ll be a lot better. I’m hoping. There’s like** two teams working on this, hopefully very it’ll work out.

I'm HOPING????

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

2 hours ago, crosswind said:

I won't hold my breath. I will wait to see what this WU16 has to offer since in their initial review many of the islands has misrepresentated locations for Antigua and the water masks are/were not even close to what we have on the island. 

Time will tell. 

Yeah, Antigua, Anguilla, what's the difference? 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crosswind said:

I won't hold my breath.

Bring the Majestic Dash-8 Q400 to MSFS 2020, soon™. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, polosim said:

Bring the Majestic Dash-8 Q400 to MSFS 2020, soon™. 🙂

Amen to that 

• Like 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Watermasks is one thing but most of the Caribbean islands are also cursed with lots of clouds and that to me is an even bigger problem as we know every such place with clouds is covered in a terrible landclass to cover it up but looks terrible mixed with satelite.Hope they do something about that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mryan75 said:

Watermasking in the Caribbean is amazing as it is. When the sim came out there weren’t any but now they’re literally everywhere in the islands. It can only get better. 

It’s great in some parts but many islands still have no, or very poor watermasking . “ the Caribbean”  is a huge area obviously though.