Sign in to follow this  
AnkH

Censorship in official MSFS forums

44 minutes ago, Tierborn said:

The hearts you are getting are from people who think like you, but it doesn't preclude that many don't.

My main gripe about all forums. There really needs to be something to click to indicate disagreement (maybe a little yellow butt <grin>?) because in the absence of such, it's only possible to apparently receive approval.

As to the MS Forum, I never use it unless I hear about something I want to add a vote to. I just don't like the format of the place, or the way people behave there. Very modern, that is to say opinonated. Bit too much "chain of consciousness" for me, which is the same reason I don't use Discord, let alone twatter (or whatever they're calling it this week)

Edited by andy1252
typo
  • Like 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

If you think that the MSFS forum is censored then you better not go to Paradoxplaza ... 

51 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Where else are you going to go that supposedly has a direct line to Asobo for issues with the sim?🧐

Concerning Censorship, one must be living under a rock to think it's died in 2024 (quite the opposite). A whole ideology, countries, companies, political party, etc. operates on shutting people up.  Even if you see the truth with your own two eyes you better not say it...:ph34r:

I said it has no place, i didn't say it doesn't exist. Maybe i used the wrong expression since i'm not native. I still say the truth no matter what and will do for as long as i can (already cost me a suspension on twitter - Better yet one less app on the phone).

Either way, ASOBO doesn't really care about what's written in there unless it has... "votes" which is very unfair as more critical issues can go under the radar unless most people experience them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

There is no free speech on a private forum, so MS and others have the right to remove content they don't want on there, whether we like it or not. If we don't like it, we can simply chose not to use the forum, or in extreme cases, the product), or go elsewhere less moderated

I don't use or read the official MFS forums, so my understanding of the context is limited. However, it's possible that they are trying to avoid the repeated reporting/pushing of the same bugs and issues. Online forums/social-media often experience a phenomenon known as mob mentality, where one disgruntled user's complaint can trigger widespread outrage, even among users who were initially unaffected. This can escalate to demands for refunds and other actions, a thing I've personally experienced on numerous occasions.

Once a bug is reported and presumably ticketed/acknowledged, having multiple bump threads and complaints is likely not going to improve matters. They've already prioritised issues based on some internal process and have a roadmap planned out (including MFS2024), and likely don't consider the issue important enough right now.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, tonywob said:

However, it's possible that they are trying to avoid the repeated reporting/pushing of the same bugs and issues. Online forums/social-media often experience a phenomenon known as mob mentality, where one disgruntled user's complaint can trigger widespread outrage, even among users who were initially unaffected. This can escalate to demands for refunds and other actions, a thing I've personally experienced on numerous occasions.

Once a bug is reported and presumably ticketed/acknowledged, having multiple bump threads and complaints is likely not going to improve matters. They've already prioritised issues based on some internal process and have a roadmap planned out (including MFS2024), and likely don't consider the issue important enough right now.

This is a great explanation as to what actually might be going on.🍺

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

On 1/29/2024 at 9:02 AM, AnkH said:

Heck, I even get this message sometimes after (!) a comment got 5 or more "hearts", clearly indicating that people share my thoughts and then, bam, half an hour later it was so called "flagged by the community".

As a moderator from a part of another forum I must tell you that "the written word is prone to missinterpretation".

If I read your post after 2 weeks of vacation I could say: Ah, heck. This guy just had a bad day.

If I read your post after reading a ton of other posts, I could come to the conclusion that you have a specific tone that does not fit well!? Even a bit childish: Yeah, I got 5 hearts and 3 unicorns and that clearly shows that people share my thoughts....Do you even have any idea how many users are on that forum (active users????).

And how do you feel about other users saying freely: Those guys are braindead.....! Is this free speach?

• Like 1

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

1 hour ago, GEKtheReaper said:

Is this free speach?

People misinterpret what free speach means all the time.

It only means you are free to talk about anything in public without the fear of getting politically persecuted.

It does not mean that you can't get ostracized for insulting others or saying things that is betraying thinking  not accepted by society.

And it certainly doesn't mean that you can say whatever you like on a private forum without having to fear any consequences.

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, dogmanbird said:

btw, mbucchia is still active on the msfs forum. For the VR enthusiasts, don't get yourselves banned or there'll be no way to communicate with our deity 😮

Mbucchia also frequents and is active on a ton of VR related Discords and very accessible there as well.

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Even if the “Flagged by community members” is true, taking away the ability for other community members to click through and make up their own minds is unnecessary gatekeeping.

• Upvote 2

On 1/29/2024 at 9:06 AM, tpete61 said:

This forum has it's issue's too so not much better here to be honest.

Yea if we are gonna go there about then lets just go in all the way!

The worst case of censorship on a forum I've witnessed by far was demonstrated here in 2012 when Microsoft Flight released, and legit honest reviews were being deleted for having anything even close to a negative feedback of that horrible flop of a title.

All to save face and stay in the good graces of Microsoft as our honest reviews were just coming off as "too harsh for such an early release", funny how the mood shifted and overall vibe changed here at AVSIM when MSFS released.🤣

Yup Pepperidge Farm remembers...🙃🤷‍♂️
300px-Microsoft_Flight_cover_art.png

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

"MS Flight"

WTHell it was? 

🤣

BTW does anybody know how MS has choosen developers team? Why the Jorg's Gang?

I don't remember any dev teams for FSX for instance 

Edited by Vitold69

54 minutes ago, Vitold69 said:

I don't remember any dev teams for FSX for instance 

ACES was the developer for FSX and prior, and before that the developer was BAO, and before that the developer was Sublogic.

• Like 5

Matt-

Always a privilege to have you stop by. If opportunity presents, please steer Jorg to this post.

Ta!

Edited by cavaricooper

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Posted (edited)

LOL, I posted the pre-alpha video in the reduced LOD thread today, to show how the graphics and LOD / draw distance have been degraded through the years, and it's been removed completely after a few minutes, without even a notification on my account or a "tagged by the community". 

Now they started removing posts without leaving any trace. Absolutely pathetic.

Enjoy and share 😄

Edited by MrFuzzy
  • Like 2

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png