Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Native P3Dv6 Addons List?

Hey guys

What addons are available for P3Dv6 natively? I know FSUIPC, Chaseplane and new Pilot Mesh 2024 is out there.  

Who else has P3Dv6 products? (I am hoping these developers are installing outside the sim).  

I am not looking for compatible products, but products which have installers built for v6?

Thanks,

• Like 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

FSHUD, my best buy 2023....

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Simmarket has a section for P3DV6 addons.

Vic green

7 hours ago, Skywolf said:

It really is slim pickings over there for P3Dv6 addons

Unfortunately it is. I guess that’s why most people myself included stick with previous versions. This latest V6 update came just in time to wreck chaseplane after a long wait for them to catch up to the last update. Developers ranks are thinning out.

Vic green

17 hours ago, Skywolf said:

Who else has P3Dv6 products? (I am hoping these developers are installing outside the sim).  

I am not looking for compatible products, but products which have installers built for v6?

Ideal Flight S - native P3D v6 install - installs outside the sim (Flight 1).

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Lots of P3Dv4-5 addon's "work" but some seem to have exclusion problems with default scenery and some slight elevation issues. The big developers like Fly Tampa, FsDreamteam, LatinVFR, Imagine Sim (who did an update to V6 on KATL), Flight Beam etc. work without apparent issues. It seems that P3Dv6 allows for greater resolution at least I can see items at much greater distance than before. Also the sim is much smoother and seemingly more efficient while handling more detail. The main issue now is dawn to daylight and dusk till night transitions while these can be mitigated by the "live light adjustments" its still a pain, otherwise lighting is much improved . What's frustrating is there is only a few developers willing to make what appears to be "small adjustments".   I have a separate scenery folder and inject the files via lorby and this works well.

3 hours ago, greggd said:

Lots of P3Dv4-5 addon's "work" but some seem to have exclusion problems with default scenery and some slight elevation issues.

The stock airport exclusion issues could be fixed easily, but until someone updates Airport Design Editor that likely won't happen.

I've asked if it could be updated to work with v6 over at FSDeveloper.com, but the developer has retired and seems to have no interest at all in updating it.  I keep hoping that someone else will step up and update it with the author's permission, but so far nothing.

I've got many v5 airports that I've modified and updated, but they have issues in v6, which is why I haven't switched to v6 yet.

Dave

• Upvote 1

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

On 2/8/2024 at 12:35 PM, SteveW said:

Ideal Flight S - native P3D v6 install - installs outside the sim (Flight 1).

Small side question:
Can I also use Ideal Flight S with "Active Sky" weather ? From what I've read, this program uses its own "weather generator" - can you replace it with active sky (best generator ever) ?

I would be really interested in the answer 
regards
ggerolamo

• Like 1

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

3 hours ago, ggerolamo said:

Can I also use Ideal Flight S with "Active Sky" weather ?

Uncheck "Master weather enable" on the weather page.

• Like 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

All my FSDT addon airports run from Addon Manager with link install for P3DV5 and P3DV6. One install outside the sims on a deferent drive if needed.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

There is also FFTF Dynamic, given it has to be specificly version built.

https://secure.simmarket.com/fsps-fftf-dynamic-p3d6.phtml

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

On 2/8/2024 at 4:56 PM, dave2013 said:

The stock airport exclusion issues could be fixed easily, but until someone updates Airport Design Editor that likely won't happen.

I've asked if it could be updated to work with v6 over at FSDeveloper.com, but the developer has retired and seems to have no interest at all in updating it.  I keep hoping that someone else will step up and update it with the author's permission, but so far nothing.

That was one of the more important reasons why I’ve stayed with v5. All good things sadly come to an end. 😥

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Is there a Traffic add-on for V6?