Sign in to follow this  
outermarker

If you're suffering from micro-stutters & bad performance...

2 hours ago, Byronb said:

My stutters and mini freezes  have gone since  removing the Powerlines and Solar Farm mod.

Which was a pity as it did add to VFR flights.

That is an interesting comment. I also removed the powerlines mod, but I kept the solar farms because I like seeing the ones that are close to airports. I think that this was after following the instructions in the above video, but I cannot remember if it was roughly the same time or not.

EDIT: On a side note, what Terrain LOD and Object LOD settings do you guys use? I have mine at 250/125.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

12 hours ago, chapstick said:

Didn't see a noticeable difference on mine. I'm sure it's a YMMV thing.

It's very much this, if it works for some then great but it's certainly a not "for everybody" thing.

Edited by MarcG
  • Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

31 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

EDIT: On a side note, what Terrain LOD and Object LOD settings do you guys use? I have mine at 250/125.

100/100. TLOD higher than 100 on my system leads to awful stuttering, especially when panning. 

34 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

You have Terrain lod at 250 on your system Christopher? 

That's quite ambitious 😯.  I really recommend reducing both to 100 and checking out the lod mod thread.

I've had over a dozen perfectly smooth flights since WU15 so can't relate.  Yesterday in the freshly updated FBW320n had stuttering in a simple airport and for a lot of the flight that I never see now and assumed it was the update to the plane.

Hmm, just now in the uber good performing PMDG 738 and have the same stutters I had yesterday in the 320n.  Can't be WU15 but I'm pretty sure there was a Windows 10 update just prior to yesterday's.

Ah, nope that wasn't it last update was on the 3rd.  I made one other change, automated startup of Process Lasso I just shut down now and it seems stutters gone again.

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

11 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

You have Terrain lod at 250 on your system Christopher? 

That's quite ambitious 😯.  I really recommend reducing both to 100 and checking out the lod mod thread.

Performance on my PC at 250/125 is excellent, even in dense scenery areas. Maybe it is because I have PG switched off?

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

Performance on my PC at 250/125 is excellent, even in dense scenery areas. Maybe it is because I have PG switched off?

I don't use Photogrammetry either.  I do have a beefy 14900k processor, and I find 200/200 is fine, but it can start hitch a bit when going higher, depending on the scenery I am flying over of course. 
These LOD settings tend to place the majority of their load on the CPU rather than the GPU by the way, just in case you don't know.

When flying towards a big international airport on the edge of a big city, we still have to expect a performance hit - I think with some of us simmers, our expectations are a little out of whack sometimes.
I am one of the worst probably!  :biggrin:  I try to aim for 60fps, 4k ultra settings all the time.  The amazing thing about MSFS, is that I can achieve it for the vast majority of the time.  (This is with only static air traffic, no PG, and other traffic such as road etc down to 5%)
I don't use DX12 (yet), so no FG for me, or 60 fps would probably be a breeze.

Hopefully MSFS2024 will change things.  And even the upcoming SU15 beta in a few days should help, with the newly optimised code for panels (credit to Working Title) and the 100 to 200 times faster memory allocation code they are implementing.
I can't wait to test it! 

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 3

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Note Xbox is really constrained in memory, specially Xbox S. The effects is incredible noticed on consoles.

I would imagine anyone in PC using DX11, with very high quality settings in msfs, would push the GPU to borrow memory from normal RAM, and therefore it would possible get close to what Xbox-X would experience and possibly leading to stutters. I don't know what WU15 (nordics) does, but it kills xbox, immediately noticeable.

I have big hopes for SU15 and new memory management.

Best,

R.

Edited by simbol
  • Like 3

Hello 

My rig is by no means top of any range: i71100k @5GHz; GTX1080ti FTW OC, 32Gb of fairly elderly RAM; NVMe SSD 2Tb. No noticeable stutters after WU15 here,

Nordics excellent mostly for me (Iceland, Faroen, Bodo, Leknes, Tromso and Bergen mostly) so far… agree MMV…

• Like 1

*PS

Maybe try uninstalling then reinstalling again. Last week I was experiencing terrible BSODS at Haneda (RJTT and all over Japan. Couldn’t load, crashes and stuttering. Uninstalled, reinstalled and all good now… 

worth a look anyway maybe

3 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Could be. I really would have a close look at the LoD mod though.

I too have a 'mature' system 😎 and it's made a real worthwhile difference for me.

45 minutes ago, rayharris108 said:

*PS

Maybe try uninstalling then reinstalling again. Last week I was experiencing terrible BSODS at Haneda (RJTT and all over Japan. Couldn’t load, crashes and stuttering. Uninstalled, reinstalled and all good now… 

worth a look anyway maybe

Yeah, since most of you don't seem to notice much of a difference I'll reinstall it and see if it's performing better this time. I doubt it but I've seen stranger things in flight simming over the past years...

58 minutes ago, rayharris108 said:

Hello 

My rig is by no means top of any range: i71100k @5GHz; GTX1080ti FTW OC, 32Gb of fairly elderly RAM; NVMe SSD 2Tb. No noticeable stutters after WU15 here,

Nordics excellent mostly for me (Iceland, Faroen, Bodo, Leknes, Tromso and Bergen mostly) so far… agree MMV…

ahhh ! the 1080ti ( the GOAT) my son has mine and is under strict orders never to sell it !

• Like 3

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

Something is definitely amiss with this.  I started a lot of stuttering yesterday afternoon in a freshly updated FBW A320n.  Prior to that and I fly nearly every day, no issues.  So it doesn't seem to be WU15 here.  I uninstalled it anyway an hour ago.  The stuttering was persisting despite also r/o Process Lasso being a culprit.  So it's maybe something on the server side?  So I just now decided to do a simple intervention that was effective before:  clean GPU driver update, clear DX Cache, reset NVCP.   Standing by....

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Probably another asobo server-related issue. I don't have any issues with the world update. But seeing how some are/aren't at various times....maybe it is just asobo.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---