Sign in to follow this  
St Mawgan

DA42-VI due out Saturday 10th February

AFAIK the DA42 has nosewheel steering although the angle of travel is limited.

Just downloaded this model and I'm really pleased with the graphics , handling and nosewheel steering.

Seems good value but I've barely scratched the surface yet.

• Like 1

Picked it up.

A really nice, high quality model so far.  A very welcome release out of the box and I'm excited to see what COWS will bring us next.

If I'm picky, I would have liked the TDI version to have the KAP140, rather than both the TDI and -VI versions both having the GFC700. (I don't think the GFC700 was available at any point in the TDI's lifespan).   

Spent 20 mins on the ground, testing and playing with things and about to take off to test the flight dynamics and flight handling characteristics.

Edited by JYW
  • Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

First impressions, it is STUNNING!   I think one of the highest quality, modern GA aircraft released for the sim to date.

Exquisite details, like the safety wire on the emergency horizon

1.jpg

G1000 looks stunning.  Perfect glass texturing and mild, realistic smudges/dirt

2.jpg

Does she want to go flying, or what?!

3.jpg

4.jpg

Sounds = stunning

Performance = no noticeable performance hit

Modeling = stunning

Texturing = stunning

FDE = amazing!

Yes, this is a WINNER and I'm yet to find any bugs.

Edited by JYW
  • Like 6

Bill

39 minutes ago, JYW said:

Sounds = stunning

Performance = no noticeable performance hit

Modeling = stunning

Texturing = stunning

FDE = amazing!

Yes, this is a WINNER and I'm yet to find any bugs

Agree on all points. Bought it last night and already have more than a few hours with it under my belt. If it at all intrigues you, buy it.  I don’t believe you will be disappointed.

-B

• Like 4

Hopefully one day they'll model the engine page. Are there any plans to do a DA40? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

18 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Hopefully one day they'll model the engine page. Are there any plans to do a DA40? 

Yes, the DA40-180 XLS will be their next in line.

48 minutes ago, bendead said:

Is it only available through Orbx?

Now available from Orbx, the COWS DA42 Series is priced at approximately $30.00 / €28.00. Besides the included liveries, an extra pack of 4 flight school liveries is also available. A Marketplace release is also expected soon.

https://msfsaddons.com/2024/02/10/the-cows-diamond-da42-is-now-available-for-msfs/  

• Like 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

Another video for the undecided - 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

1 hour ago, Reader said:

Join us in welcoming the COWS team and their amazing new DA-42 aircraft for Microsoft Flight Simulator, now available exclusively on Orbx!

The FS Elite article stated that it would eventually come to the Marketplace, I assume after an "exclusive" waiting period. I will pick it up then as I have no desire to install Orbx Direct. 

Dan Scott

I took for a spin. A very nice AC indeed. Right in A2A quality ballpark (minus tablet) !

• Like 6

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

If you're sitting on the fence..... well, that can't be comfortable.   But for me, this is the best addon aircraft I've bought for MSFS to date.  It just does everything right.   Just flew it IFR in IMC from EGNC Carlisle, in the far north west of England, to EGKB London Biggin Hill.  Absolutely flawless.

A tablet (for loading etc) would indeed be welcome.

Worth every penny to me.

999999999999999999999999.jpg

0000000000000000.jpg

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC.jpg

Edited by JYW
  • Like 4

Bill

I subscribe, it feels and looks very nice. Did some spins with the TDI, VI next. I only find the taxi a bit too sensitive on my side.

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

16 minutes ago, JYW said:

If you're sitting on the fence..... well, that can't be comfortable.   But for me, this is the best addon aircraft I've bought for MSFS to date.  It just does everything right.   Just flew it IFR in IMC from EGNC Carlisle, in the far north west of England, to EGKB London Biggin Hill.  Absolutely flawless.

A tablet (for loading etc) would indeed be welcome.

Worth every penny to me.

I am sitting on the fence so much its starting to hurt.

What other addons planes do you own and enjoy. It might help put things in perspective.

Ron

MSFS -Just flight Piper arrow 28-  A2A Comanche250 - COWS DA42 - Cessna 310 -Cessna 414
Black Square Baron - FSR500 - SimWorks PC12 - Black Square TBM 850
146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-600