Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

The Free and Optional Dune Expansion is Out

Just wandering how many bugs could be solved and additional features added if they put all their effort to the Sim instead of this %^$$#.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Guess I'll start hauling cargo in a DC-3 on a different planet now lol

• Like 2

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

229865_2.png StanTGM:

And if flying the Ornithopter is not challenging enough, try doing the talk with ATC in Dunish :slight_smile:

At best on Vatsim. One time. There is no next time due to the ban :wink:

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

3 minutes ago, z06z33 said:

Guess I'll start hauling cargo in a DC-3 on a different planet now lol

I was kinda wondering how we could access the new scenery outside of the training and challenge flights....

Just now, hs118 said:

I was kinda wondering how we could access the new scenery outside of the training and challenge flights....

Well.... What's the gravity and atmospheric density, etc. on Arrakis?

Would normal planes even fly, there? 🤔

And I'm assuming all that sand would be brutal on engines.......

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

30 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Nah that's complete bull. They did it because people asked for it.

Not to mention that the Dune expansion was ready for a year now and was delayed because the movie was also delayed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HiFlyer said:

And I'm assuming all that sand would be brutal on engines.......

Only if you choose an aircraft that has damage modeled. Otherwise, you're good to go! 🙂

46 minutes ago, Lonesome Cowboy Burt said:

Whats the film like then?, I quite enjoyed the original film version of Dune is the new one just brilliant effects or a worthwhile piece of cinematography?

Imho the film was okay - didn't live up to the book though. Was there an older Dune movie starring Sting - or is that something I've dreamt? 😐

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Is this thing a mandatory update?

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

11 minutes ago, hs118 said:

No doubt someone will have a mod out on flightsim.to within the week allowing us to see how the aircraft perform there.  Hey!  Matbe the MU-2 might fly well there.

No doubt FS.to will also conjure up a few sandy airbases along with a Spice Jet livery for the Ornithopter!   Got to happen!  Ah! The broad reach of MSFS.

No doubt a good bit of fun though, and MSFS might benefit financially if there was sponsorship involved during the tie-in.

Apparently, the Ornithopter uses the new twin rotor dynamics.  Not sure how as it was slated for an SU15 release, unless it was part of the small update on start up.  Possible.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Imho the film was okay - didn't live up to the book though. Was there an older Dune movie starring Sting - or is that something I've dreamt? 😐

Don't forget Sir Patrick!

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

3 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

You are correct, but please don't remind us of it.  Not a patch on TESB anyway! 

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

4 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

Is this thing a mandatory update?

Did you read the thread title? The answer is there.

There is a minor update, but that's just to add promotional slides to tell you about the DLC, similar to when World Updates release.

Edited by Tuskin38

1 minute ago, Tuskin38 said:

Did you read the thread title? The answer is there.

There is a minor update, but that's just to add promotional slides to tell you about the DLC, similar to when World Updates release.

Thank you very much 👍

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

Hopefully not optional but still needed like the Maverick DLC... without that, you get some nasty errors around AI ships...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS