Sign in to follow this  
rutrA

SU15 BETA available now!

3 hours ago, abennett said:

I’m seeing lots of reports that LOD distances have been severely downgraded in the latest beta build?

What are people’s experiences with this?

I really hope not, they have done lots of downgrading the sim graphically with Sim Updates and I was really hoping it wouldn’t happen again. I’m sure it’s just because people complain about performance and stutters whilst running inappropriate settings.

I don't see it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I see no difference whatsoever.

• Upvote 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

7 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

I see no difference whatsoever.

If you read his description you will see it. I would have thought you could see it without anyway. The most obvious is one of the hills on the left, in SU14 it has details and contours and trees are drawn on it. With SU15 it’s just a straight line with no contours, indicating it has moved out of detailed terrain drawing distance, i.e., the draw distance has been reduced so this area is no longer drawn in detail. In SU14 the same hill also has trees drawn on it, in SU15 it doesn’t, also showing that the distance at which trees are drawn has been reduced. 

There are other examples in the comparison, but this one is a good start.

2 minutes ago, abennett said:

If you read his description you will see it. I would have thought you could see it without anyway. The most obvious is one of the hills on the left, in SU14 it has details and contours and trees are drawn on it. With SU15 it’s just a straight line with no contours, indicating it has moved out of detailed terrain drawing distance, i.e., the draw distance has been reduced so this area is no longer drawn in detail. In SU14 the same hill also has trees drawn on it, in SU15 it doesn’t, also showing that the distance at which trees are drawn has been reduced. 

There are other examples in the comparison, but this one is a good start.

I'm not referring to the picture, but what I see on my own monitor in the game.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

2 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

Oh I see, sorry!

Have you done comparisons, or just going off how it seems?

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Ixoye said:

Did you switch between SU14 and SU15beta forward and backwards and loading exactly the same situation? Otherwise you cannot say you see or you see not. At least my own memory wouldn't allow such a statement.

Edited by Nemo
  • Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I did not notice worse LOD but I haven't tested it before and after.

What I know for sure is that the performance of this beta sucks big time, and SU15 was supposed to increase it...

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

8 hours ago, Nemo said:

Did you switch between SU14 and SU15beta forward and backwards and loading exactly the same situation? Otherwise you cannot say you see or you see not. At least my own memory wouldn't allow such a statement.

Excellent point! I often regret not doing more "scientific" tests with screenshots and performance values before&after. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

5 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Excellent point! I often regret not doing more "scientific" tests with screenshots and performance values before&after. 

Thanks. But we know switching between beta and non-beta is no fun either ...

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

7 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Thanks. But we know switching between beta and non-beta is no fun either ...

It's too time-consuming. At least for me...

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

In flight sim unless you actually notice something isn't as good as used to be without someone prompting you to notice it or you are actively seeking out issues, they don't exist.

47 minutes ago, FBW737 said:

In flight sim unless you actually notice something isn't as good as used to be without someone prompting you to notice it or you are actively seeking out issues, they don't exist.

Agree.

But this is a beta, and the purpose of being in it is to seek out issues. And people have checked the draw distance and found that it has been reduced. Which I would consider issue, maybe some wouldn’t, but it’s an issue for me. It’s already so low anyway every little matters.

• Like 3

I will be rather annoyed if the draw distance has been reduced. I increase detail levels on my PC as much as possible for a reason, and at the moment it is passing the test with style. I would prefer things to stay that way.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Posted (edited)

I noticed a performance loss of at least 20 fps with the latest Beta and mixture problems with Comanche, I will drop out from Beta now.

Edited by Ixoye