Sign in to follow this  
Mets737

BMWorld & AmSim Release Miami KMIA!

5 hours ago, mmcmah said:

VRAM depends on your graphics card. What do you have? If you have an Nvidia card, you can open the Nvidia Control Panel and then check System Information.

From where did you install it? If from the iniManager (iniBuilds), then you can select between the HD and SD textures from product page.

Hi, I have an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 and it says Dedicated Video Memory 192 MB.  Driver 537.34.

Jack Sawyer

2 hours ago, mmcmah said:

The Orbx store page explains how to change the textures.

I can’t find that.  When I open KMIA in the Orbx store I see “Manage” but when I click on that all it will allow me to do is Uninstall or go to support.

Also, it’s version 1.0.1.

Jack Sawyer

11 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Hi, I have an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 and it says Dedicated Video Memory 192 MB.  Driver 537.34.

If that is what you have, it's an 8 GB card. You should definitely change to the SD textures. I pasted the instructions from the Orbx store in earlier (

)

Edited by mmcmah
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mmcmah said:

If that is what you have, it's an 8 GB card. You should definitely change to the SD textures. I pasted the instructions from the Orbx store in earlier (

)

Thanks, I just renamed them per the Orbx screen.  From HD to SD.

Sadly I can’t afford a new PC or video card at present.

I’ll try a test and see how it behaves.

• Upvote 1

Jack Sawyer

It works fine now.  But let me ask you guys a question, do the HD textures include modeling on the interior of the terminal?

Thanks.

Jack Sawyer

32 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

It works fine now.  But let me ask you guys a question, do the HD textures include modeling on the interior of the terminal?

Thanks.

They don't. Only the high gates of terminal J are modelled.

Glad it works better though.

Edited by mmcmah
  • Like 1

Just now, mmcmah said:

They don't. Only the high gates of terminal J are modelled.

Glad it works better though.

Thanks and much appreciated sir.

• Like 1

Jack Sawyer

32 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Thanks and much appreciated sir.

You're most welcome. Glad we got it sorted!

• Like 1

I can't believe you need a new video card to run a new HD airport. I have a 10Gb RTX3080 card (most people have 8-10Gb) and it's not capable of running quilty renditions of airports anymore...

What about developers optimizing their products!

Just a thought, Darryl

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, SP2472 said:

I can't believe you need a new video card to run a new HD airport. I have a 10Gb RTX3080 card (most people have 8-10Gb) and it's not capable of running quilty renditions of airports anymore...

Just a thought, Darryl

Yeah that's crazy it should run fine on a 3070 fine its happening a lot in gaming not optimizing the games If i was a developer i would start with the lowest possible hardware and optimise from there.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

7 hours ago, SP2472 said:

Just a thought, Darryl

umberto from fsdreamteam (and i think george from flytampa also) said years ago that more eye candby makes more sales. 

I take that as, in short they will make more money on a unoptimised HD hidden eye candy airport over an optimised one.

then also (as I bang on and on about), people in the community will accept and more importantly but unfinished and junk if its "hyped enough"  

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, fluffyflops said:

but unfinished and junk if its "hyped enough" 

Anybody daft enough to buy anything just based on the hype deserves to end up with junk. Not always possible in the wider world of products with 5000 conflicting reviews on Az and similar, but in terms of scenery and aircraft addons for a sim, there are very few that don't supply pictures and / or videos of the product on the sales pages. If you don't like the look of what you see, don't buy it. If you buy it and you don't get what you saw, that's illegal and you should get your money back. If you buy it and it doesn't look as good on your system, that's just the way it works sometimes.

I've bought around 1000 packages for MSFS. I've only bought a couple that I've subsequently regretted. One thing I've learned is not to let my desire to have a particular airport (for example) cloud my judgement when looking at the sales blurb. There have been many occasions when someone has put out an airport I would like to get, and I'll look at the pix/video and might be impressed with the general look of the place (lots of buildings, visual activity etc) but then if I slow down and look harder I might realise that they're not showing any interior shots (not a biggy for a lot of folks, I know, but I want interiors), or that the glass looks appalling at night or in some other light shown in the shots. I've also see some really nice airports place on truly awful ground textures (Aerosoft, I'm talking to you here!). By now, I'm aware of what is actually possible, and I'm not going to accept anything that's not up to those standards, unless it is a really obscure airport that is unlikely to appear from any other supplier and is one that for some bizarre and twisted emotional reason I absolutely must have.

And it's a mistake to automatically assume any particular vendor is always going to produce really good or really bad stuff. The good guys can have projects that aren't up to par, and even the purveyors of what most of us perceive as rubbish can occasionally slip up and produce a gem. Less likely but I've bought a couple like that.

Terms like "eye-candy" and "junk" often say more about the person using them than the product they are being used to describe (not aiming that at you FF). Although things like inaccurate runway markings or incorrect static aircraft at particular gates or stands don't bother me in the slightest, I can see that would upset some people, but I would suggest that expecting 100% real world accuracy in such things is like expecting all aircraft to be study level. I don't know anything about developing / modding airport sceneries, but maybe that sort of thing can be handled by some of the many talented freeware developers out there?

Hype is unfortunately inevitable in today's world. However, believing it is merely optional.

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

1 hour ago, andy1252 said:

Hype is unfortunately inevitable in today's world. However, believing it is merely optional.

kids buy products, kids love hype. 

completely pointless in a sim, but it makes sales.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

KMIA Miami International Airport update v 1.1.0 release notes:

- Airlines codes assigned to each parking
- Added Parking spots to Signature Ramp
- Corrected Landing Lights
- Added El Dorado Furniture building near RWY 9
- Added green-orange runway exit lighting

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I’m curious to hear how they did on airline parking assignments in the update.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU