Sign in to follow this  
Mets737

BMWorld & AmSim Release Miami KMIA!

2 hours ago, Flic1 said:

I just did a night flight into KMIA. I did the BNFSH2 STAR that comes in from the north.  When I was about 20 miles out, all of the green taxiway centerline lights popped into view. A literal sea of green lights from 20 miles out is no good. They also had a shimmering effect to them as well. Otherwise, the approach was smooth and only noticed my frames dropping on about a 2 mile final.  Once I started taxiing, I had some really bad frames down to 10 which never happens for me.  I was facing towards the city and I do have Samscene Miami so cannot rule that out although never had that happen with LVFR version.  This is with light FSLTL traffic (20 IFR, 30 parked). It then disappeared and went back to 20-30 but it was definitely not consistent. I think they need to look at the taxiway lights...something is not right with them as you should not see them at all until maybe short final.  Even on the ground they have an odd shimmer to them.

I am not sure where to give them feedback, does anyone know if they have a Discord or anything?

Their taxi lights at KDAB scenery at night also have this horrible shimmering. I wrote them and they said they would look into it and never did. You can ask them as KMIA might be more important to them.

They can be reached via email: bmworld969@gmail.com and support@amsim.am

• Like 2

Eric 

1 hour ago, mmcmah said:

If you figure out how to give them feedback, please let me know.

See my post top of page 4 of this thread.

• Upvote 1

Eric 

3 minutes ago, B777ER said:

See my post top of page 4 of this thread.

Thank you!

I just received the below from Alexey (a VERY quick response):

"Hello !!

Thanks for the kind words! 

We will reduce the intensity of the taxiway lighting today and send a quick update to stores. 

At the expense of 60 buildings, we decided at the last moment not to include the surrounding buildings in the airport, so as not to interfere with third-party developers. But they forgot to remove the mention of this in the description. This misunderstanding will also be corrected in the update. We will adjust the product description.

We did not assign parking lots to specific airlines, since FSLTL traffic checks this information in real time every 20 seconds. But if required, we can assign parking lots to specific airlines. 

Best regards, Alexey."

Hopefully good news about the taxiway lighting! I don't use AI aircraft, but I assume that people will prefer they sign parking spots, and I'm going to reply accordingly.

Edited by mmcmah
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, mmcmah said:

"Hello !!

Thanks for the kind words! 

We will reduce the intensity of the taxiway lighting today and send a quick update to stores. 

At the expense of 60 buildings, we decided at the last moment not to include the surrounding buildings in the airport, so as not to interfere with third-party developers. But they forgot to remove the mention of this in the description. This misunderstanding will also be corrected in the update. We will adjust the product description.

We did not assign parking lots to specific airlines, since FSLTL traffic checks this information in real time every 20 seconds. But if required, we can assign parking lots to specific airlines. 

Best regards, Alexey."

Hopefully good news about the taxiway lighting! I don't use AI aircraft, but I assume that people will prefer they sign parking spots, and I'm going to reply accordingly.

Very curious to hear that FSLTL has the smarts to inject Ai to the correct gate, first I have heard of this capability. Pretty sure AI still gets assigned by radius of the parking spot, but happy to stand corrected.

To add futher about the devs having correct AFCADs with gate assignments, the problem is that how to do this is not documented in the SDK. The only way is a time consuming maunal edit of the project XML. Or using an ADE export from a P3D project. Add to that the additional research required to figure out who parks where, someting only a local or regular simmer to the airport would be looking out for.

Regardless, adding these gate assignments is worth the effort overall, just highlighting the complexity behind it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, edcorreia said:

Very curious to hear that FSLTL has the smarts to inject Ai to the correct gate, first I have heard of this capability. Pretty sure AI still gets assigned by radius of the parking spot, but happy to stand corrected.

Pretty sure that is not true for FSLTL, he might confuse it with PSXT traffic, which is capable of "learning" the correct gates over time by taking this info from FR24 (or whatever source). But to make sure, I asked it over at the FSLTL discord...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

4 hours ago, mmcmah said:

I've always found Alexey to be one of the greats as regards responsiveness and general customer service. Very helpful, and like you say, almost instant response.

I got this straight away, and had run a couple of quick tests to check on the downtown area and hadn't noticed any clashes with Samscene, and this explains why. A good choice on Alexey's part, I feel (or at least if he wants to put them back in, then maybe as an option).

This looks like a very fine piece of work. Perfect for my needs. I don't fly at night as I'm only really interested in the scenery, not the flying, so any perceived issues with the lighting don't bother me and a quick scan round with the drone cam was impressive. Florida is a well served area in the sim, and it just got a bit better in my own personal opinion.

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

well I flew into orlando last night with FSLTL.  I saw quite a few amount of passenger airlines on the cargo ramp.  He should absolutely fix this. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

8 minutes ago, micstatic said:

well I flew into orlando last night with FSLTL.  I saw quite a few amount of passenger airlines on the cargo ramp.  He should absolutely fix this. 

Do you mean Miami?

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Just now, Wise87 said:

Do you mean Miami?

no I didn't.  I meant Miami.  I was just trying to make the point that Alexei seems to be incorrect about FSLTL automatically handling gate assignments.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

42 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Alexei seems to be incorrect about FSLTL automatically handling gate assignments.  

Jup, just got it confirmed in the FSLTL discord that he is wrong. Bummer, another nice scenery I will give a pass until a proper ADE is coming along with it...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Yeah, I don't understand how they release it thinking it's all good when everybody knows how things work these days.

7 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Jup, just got it confirmed in the FSLTL discord that he is wrong. Bummer, another nice scenery I will give a pass until a proper ADE is coming along with it...

Same!

Hopefully they can update it sooner than later. When they do, ill buy it asap.

i don't get why they dont add airlines gate,  i did few sceneries gates fix in some sceneries and takes just few minutes to assign them .

Edited by michdb8

15 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

5GB installed oof!  Looks pretty good though.  I could use some more warm weather airports haha!

Per the instructions on the Orbx Direct product page, you can delete the textures you don't need (HD or SD, as the case may be).