Sign in to follow this  
Greazer

Pressure is on Asobo Studio

So far, we don't have a timeframe for FSR 3 (official)

It is rumoured that Asobo are trying to include it with SU15. 

Game Studios around the world are increasingly adding FSR 3 support with many more titles in the pipeline.

But if Asobo fail to deliver with SU15 (March 12) it will be many more months for the next Sim Update, and simmers will have to wait.

Pressure is on Asobo studio right now.

Games with FSR 3
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Farming Simulator 22
Forspoken
Immortals of Aveum
Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name
Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth
Mortal Online 2
MotorCubs RC
Starfield (Beta Update)
Starship Troopers: Extermination
The Talos Principle 2

Games with FSR 3 (Coming Soon)
The Alters
Black Myth: Wukong
Crimson Desert
Cyberpunk 2077
Dying Light 2 Stay Human
EVE Online
Frostpunk 2
House Flipper 2
Nightingale
Pax Dei
REMNANT II
Squad
The Thaumaturge
Warhammer 40,000: Darktide
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2
Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Realms of Ruin

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Greazer said:

Is it? The only person I’ve seen say that is you.

• Like 38
  • Upvote 2

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Remind me again what is so good about this? Especially if someone has a 4090.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Eric 

39 minutes ago, B777ER said:

If you have a 4000 series, nothing.

If you have an older card, it opens the possibility to use frame generation.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

Where is this pressure coming from?  

• Upvote 5

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

For a flight simmer like me FSR is not even on my wish list of future updates for FS2020 and then FS2024...then again maybe I'm in the "silent majority" 🤣

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, psolk said:

Where is this pressure coming from?  

Mainly the first post of this thread…

• Like 25
  • Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

1 hour ago, MrFuzzy said:

If you have a 4000 series, nothing.

If you have an older card, it opens the possibility to use frame generation.

Can't -2 and -3 series card owners already do that with the frame gen mod?   Or is this some more "official-ish" way of doing it?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

3 hours ago, B777ER said:

Yeah, who cares about the peasants without $2000 GPUs. Let them eat cake...err FSR3! 

• Like 8

Intel i7-10700K @ 4.7 GHz | Nvidia RTX 3070 FE | 32GB DDR4 RAM 

58 minutes ago, Mace said:

Can't -2 and -3 series card owners already do that with the frame gen mod?   Or is this some more "official-ish" way of doing it?

Yes, when implemented it will be not only more official and supported, but also not affected by flickering of static elements (ATC window, handlebar, subtitles...), which will be excluded from the frame elaboration. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

I think that list has been taken in part from here or another similar feed: 

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/96219/amd-fsr-3-and-2-support-games-list-updated-heres-whats-available-now-coming-soon/index.html

I'm not sure how a list of 16 FSR3 (coming soon) games that does not include MSFS,  translates to MSFS being is 'rumoured'  to be rolling out FSR3 with SU15, no matter how good it would be for us owners of sloth like video cards. In the meantime, to put this in context there are some 144 games with FSR2 and we can add the 16 (coming soon) since they are currently FSR2 as well. Including the 31 games that are yet to even get FSR2, there are only actually 12 games out of 191 that are currently FSR3. The point being that MSFS do not seem particularly late to the party so I doubt they will worry if this happens this SU or next.   

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

5 hours ago, Greazer said:

Pressure is on Asobo studio right now.

Is this relyable or is this pure assumption from yourside?

And what if it is "pressure"? What does this mean for you or Asobo (Time, Money, Reputation etc.)?

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

6 hours ago, Greazer said:

I highly doubt it's coming in SU 15. If it were coming in SU 15, it would be in the beta undergoing under beta testing by now. If it's not in the SU 15 beta at this point, it's not coming in SU 15.

Also Greazer, I don't think any of the people working on the MSFS team that have the power to make a decision on FSR3 are hanging around the Avsim forum. The few MSFS team members that do hang around Avsim have said in the past, that they will not abuse their position and forward requests to the higher ups that do make such decisions (ie. I once asked Matt Nischan to pass a request to Seb and Matt promptly said "No").

So you can pound your fist here in the Avsim forum about this feature or that feature, and it will fall on deaf ears.  I also noticed there is already an FSR3 wishlist thread that you can upvote: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/fsr3-has-been-formally-announced-please-add-it/606789.  A person in that FSR3 wishlist thread mentioned that Asobo are already looking into it but like I said, it's not in the SU 15 beta now so it probably won't appear in SU 15.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

All forms of frame generation bring with them trade-offs and personally I don't find they work very well in MSFS.

So there's zero pressure to roll out FSR3 from me at least.

• Like 2

Asobo has no pressure except maybe you who put pressure alone. 
The FSR3 will be much more interesting on console than on PC.

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case