Sign in to follow this  
Flying-Hare

xEnviro Weather Engine

They just released this? $65 is a lot of money for a WX engine. Im gonna pass unless its amazing and it probably won't be....

• Like 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Interesting indeed, 40 euro are ok if it is as good as it looks.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

There were a lot of teething problems and bugs when xEnviro first released for XP.   However, (i) that was a long time ago, and (ii) a totally different platform.   I certainly got my money's worth out of the XP version.    Not sure if I'll bite for MSFS though, as I'm generally pretty satisfied with the native weather.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Sorry @Flying-Hare, I don't understand this thread. Am I missing something? Has there been a significant update of the program or are we in a timewarp?

xEnviro for MSFS was released back in October 2022 and already had historical weather as a feature.

https://fselite.net/content/xenviro-2020-released-for-msfs/

For anyone interested, it's $65 Australian and approximately $43 U.S. (before VAT/sales tax).

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

6 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

Sorry @Flying-Hare, I don't understand this thread. Am I missing something? Has there been a significant update of the program or are we in a timewarp?

xEnviro for MSFS was released back in October 2022 and already had historical weather as a feature.

https://fselite.net/content/xenviro-2020-released-for-msfs/

For anyone interested, it's $65 Australian and approximately $43 U.S. (before VAT/sales tax).

It just appeared today in ORBX and I thought it was something completely new. If this is an old program from two years ago, then the topic can be deleted.

7 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

$65 is a lot of money for a WX engine.

$65 for anything in MSFS is a joke.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

They just released this? $65 is a lot of money for a WX engine. Im gonna pass unless its amazing and it probably won't be....

That’s AUD. It’s $42 in US dollars. Waiting for someone to bite and give feedback. Screenshots look good.

• Upvote 1

Eric 

This isn’t a new product.

37 minutes ago, B777ER said:

That’s AUD. It’s $42 in US dollars. Waiting for someone to bite and give feedback. Screenshots look good.

You can look at the thread linked above. 

10 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

I have been using xEnviro in MSFS since it was released.  On the plus side it produces cloud types you will not see in default weather.  The way it layers different cloud types is often stunning.  The only negative is the global nature of the weather, but for me it is a small price to pay for such glorious sky scapes it produces.  Of course, like Rex, there has to be morphing of different weather areas, but it does this in a clever way.

For me, the positives with xEnviro far outweigh the negatives.  If you cannot fly with a global weather model, then xEnviro is not for you.  However, if like me you value amazing looking skies, xEnviro can take your breath away in a way default weather can't.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

3 hours ago, ErichB said:

$65 for anything in MSFS is a joke.

Depends the level of enjoyment an addon can give.  For the price of a restaurant meal, you get glorious clouds and skies.

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

2 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Depends the level of enjoyment an addon can give.  For the price of a restaurant meal, you get glorious clouds and skies.

True, value is in the eye of the beholder.  My point is more that any developer trying at those prices is trying it on.  They have the benefits of scale with this platform.  

Used it in Xplane, How about Thunderstorms? I have not had any in a while in MSFS?

Chris Chiozza

1 hour ago, cchiozza said:

Used it in Xplane, How about Thunderstorms? I have not had any in a while in MSFS?

I plan to search for new locations later and share pictures. The clouds are displayed differently in this software, with more realistic lighting effects. In my humble opinion, this software is better in some aspects compared to what is included in MSFS2020. However, ASOBO needs to either open the source for other vendors to improve upon, or they need to make significant changes to things like smooth temperature, pressure, wind transitions, manual visibility changes (including RVR values), etc.

• Like 1

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090