21 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:

Who's up for a trial and let me know what you think of it?

I will test this now, and report back.

• Like 1

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K, XMP OC | GPU: ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080Ti 11GB | MoBo:  ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F | OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit | RAM: 32GB 3466MHz DDR4 | HD: 2TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 PCIe SSD, 3TB HDD | MSFS 2020

25 minutes ago, Harrier77 said:

I will test this now, and report back.

Thanks. I'm off to bed so will check back later.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Overall everything worked ok, as advertised. At the start of the flight I had significant long stutters on the ground taxiing (with Custom auto OLOD selected), however with this deselected it was smooth. During the short flight I could see no difference in the performance with auto selected or not, and on the ground after landing it smooth also. So, I am not sure what was going on at the start. If I have time I will test again later today.

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K, XMP OC | GPU: ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080Ti 11GB | MoBo:  ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F | OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit | RAM: 32GB 3466MHz DDR4 | HD: 2TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 PCIe SSD, 3TB HDD | MSFS 2020

2 hours ago, Reset XPDR said:

Who's up for a trial and let me know what you think of it?

Thank you Sir !

Will give this a go later this morning 

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

9 hours ago, fppilot said:

Reset XPDR. Do you have any feedback from users with RTX 3 series cards who are also running with the FG Tweak? It adds FG option to MSFS for nVidia RTX 2's and 3's.  I should have captured the box that is popping up about 50% of the time when starting with AutoFPS, advising my graphics card has experienced an issue and the app (MSFS) will close.  Which it then does.  I also see that simconnect and session are not engaging. 

I am attempting to run AutoFPS for 40 with LOD minimum set for 80.  In the sim i have LOD set to 400 as I deem from what I have read that AutoFPS will adjust LOD anyway.  I'd need to run through a stepped process to remove the FG tweak.

I have a 10800K with a 3080 12gb Card. I am using the FG tweak, AutoFPS, PMDG 737-800 and SU15Beta. I have not seen the particular issue that you are seeing. I have had two CTDs with the Beta but I think those were both Beta related since they both happened while loading into the flight. I did have some issues with Jittering with the original 0.4.0 concept version, but those went away after I installed the latest RTM 0.4.0.  I have V-Sync Disabled in MSFS and enabled in NVidia Control Panel at 60FPS, I have AutoFPS set to maintain 50 FPS and it is working like a charm, I have never been able to run TLOD higher than 200 but I now have the max set at 500, I am absolutely loving it!. I have done 4 flights with 0.4.0 with no issues with the App. 

Edited by jjeffreys
  • Like 3

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

Reset, thank you for this major contribution to the community!  Amazing that you took the concept and brought it to life.  Elegant simplicity (from the users point of view) while incredibly useful,

I've got it installed and running well (except for auto start, working on that tonight).  I did notice that it shows DX11 although I'm running DX12.  Checking to see if anyone else has seen that, or if it's of any consequence.  

Thank you so much for the time and effort you put into developing Auto_FPS, greatly appreciated!

Michael Roberts

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Reset XPDR said:

Auto OLOD functionality has been added to the latest MSFS2020_AutoFPS 0.4.1 test version 26Feb241000Z, available here. Who's up for a trial and let me know what you think of it?

Best version so far, très bien!

I tested in the Bonanza A36TC around Rio using live weather and real time. Ultra settings @ 5461x2880 using DLDSR combined with DLSS in ultra quality. FPS locked @ 60 using RTSS in edge sync and FG on. I'm on SU15 beta. The app seems to do exactly what it's supposed to do. The addition of OLOD is IMO a great feature as it gives the end user even more granularity when tweaking for best visuals AND performance. There's absolutely no need for a high OLOD at cruise altitude, but it's nice to be able to have a higher than the default 200 at lower altitude.

General:

I was suprised to find that I could start the app after loading a flight. Before I was under the impression that it had to be started BEFORE starting the sim.

TLOD:

Still works like a charm. Just for fun I set it to 600 in the .opt file. It worked just like in the previous version, with the added benefit of getting a much higher TLOD at altitude (if there's enough headroom for it).

OLOD:

Same - just works. I did many approaches and climbs/descents and did not at any time encounter any anomalies. I set OLOD @ base to 1000 with a base of 1000ft. I set OLOD @ top to 20 with a top of 5000ft. Climbing out, the OLOD very gradually started to decrease above 1000ft until it reached minimum at 5000ft.

Performance:

My subjective view is that the performance was just as good as it usually is on my system. I did encounter a few stutters, which could be due to scenery loading, fast panning, or changing between internal/external views.

I also tested objectively with a 10 min CapFrameX session (Approach from 5,500ft with a touch 'n go). As can be seen in the screenshot below there was very little stuttering. Frame time variance was 90.36% below 2ms, which is a great result, although a bit on the lower end of the scale for a guy that's obsessed with performance. I think @Noel and @RJC68 would agree with me on this 😉 

KBpOPrp.jpeg

Here's a screenshot of AutoFPS in action at AGL 1900ft:

p22XyzV.jpeg

And here's a screenshot of the Bonanza at 10,500 ft just above Rio Intl (TLOD600 OLOD 20):

jX82Pjx.jpeg

I'll give it a rating of 10/10 😄

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 4

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

13 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

p22XyzV.jpeg

OLOD @ Base is maximum of 200? It is the ObjectLOD value in the ground, under 1000ft. And starts to decrease after 5000ft. Thats what im understanding this. You have only 32 fps and target is 55fps. Should it be closer to 55fps?

59 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I think @Noel and @RJC68 would agree with me on this 😉 

Don't make me do it ..... 🤣

• Like 1

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

@Cpt_Piett Sorry LOL

tjQNblP.jpg

• Like 1

Richard

mmBbmS1.png

@Reset XPDR I suggest to investigate, is there way to disable ground services, when airborne. Msfs injects lots of airport simobjects, when flying near. It so unnesseary injection of simobjects, when not in ground. There is LOD settings MSFS is playing, but there is still something to inject when investigating simobjects via Dev mode tools.

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Best version so far, très bien!

I tested in the Bonanza A36TC around Rio using live weather and real time. Ultra settings @ 5461x2880 using DLDSR combined with DLSS in ultra quality. FPS locked @ 60 using RTSS in edge sync and FG on. I'm on SU15 beta. The app seems to do exactly what it's supposed to do. The addition of OLOD is IMO a great feature as it gives the end user even more granularity when tweaking for best visuals AND performance. There's absolutely no need for a high OLOD at cruise altitude, but it's nice to be able to have a higher than the default 200 at lower altitude.

General:

I was suprised to find that I could start the app after loading a flight. Before I was under the impression that it had to be started BEFORE starting the sim.

TLOD:

Still works like a charm. Just for fun I set it to 600 in the .opt file. It worked just like in the previous version, with the added benefit of getting a much higher TLOD at altitude (if there's enough headroom for it).

OLOD:

Same - just works. I did many approaches and climbs/descents and did not at any time encounter any anomalies. I set OLOD @ base to 1000 with a base of 1000ft. I set OLOD @ top to 20 with a top of 5000ft. Climbing out, the OLOD very gradually started to decrease above 1000ft until it reached minimum at 5000ft.

Performance:

My subjective view is that the performance was just as good as it usually is on my system. I did encounter a few stutters, which could be due to scenery loading, fast panning, or changing between internal/external views.

I also tested objectively with a 10 min CapFrameX session (Approach from 5,500ft with a touch 'n go). As can be seen in the screenshot below there was very little stuttering. Frame time variance was 90.36% below 2ms, which is a great result, although a bit on the lower end of the scale for a guy that's obsessed with performance. I think @Noel and @RJC68 would agree with me on this 😉 

KBpOPrp.jpeg

Here's a screenshot of AutoFPS in action at AGL 1900ft:

p22XyzV.jpeg

And here's a screenshot of the Bonanza at 10,500 ft just above Rio Intl (TLOD600 OLOD 20):

jX82Pjx.jpeg

I'll give it a rating of 10/10 😄

I'm going to have to test this utility. I've been using Fragtality's original Dynamic LOD, but this has become much more sophisticated. I'm trying to understand the settings based on your write-up, but I think I need to go back and review more of this thread.

• Like 1

I cannot get v0.4.1 download to complete.  Just stits at unconfirmed and a 5 digit number.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

5 hours ago, Harrier77 said:

Overall everything worked ok, as advertised. At the start of the flight I had significant long stutters on the ground taxiing (with Custom auto OLOD selected), however with this deselected it was smooth. During the short flight I could see no difference in the performance with auto selected or not, and on the ground after landing it smooth also. So, I am not sure what was going on at the start. If I have time I will test again later today.

What did you have your base OLOD set to when you were on the ground and saw stuttering? As currently implemented, when you switch between using custom OLOD and not, your OLOD immediately switches between your OLOD @ base custom setting and whatever your MSFS default OLOD setting was before loading in to the flight. If there is a significant OLOD difference between the two then there is probably a lot of scenery reloading going on at that switching time but after that OLOD doesn't get touched until you are over at least 1000 ft AGL.

Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Unfortunately, it did not improve or change anything.