I see nothing in the last couple of pages that break AvSim rules.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

22 minutes ago, craigeaglefire said:

Let’s be clear here,

this is a memory ‘hack’,

You must be fun at parties...

• Like 3

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

On a positive note, I have my radio buttons communicating their status properly with the rest of the app, so its full steam ahead for the VFR / IFR flight mode terminology and associated functionality.

• Like 5

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

45 minutes ago, craigeaglefire said:

Let’s be clear here,

this is a memory ‘hack’,

Are you aware this is how FSUIPC was created many years ago? It takes a very clever person to disassemble a executable and analyse the contents. The original UIPC was created by Adam Zofran and then Pete Dowson developed his version from the work Adam had done.

He asked Microsoft for help but none was forthcoming. He battled on because with every new version variables were broken so work had to start again. Eventually after many years the Aces team decided to cooperate and Pete's life became a lot easier.

Without that effort flight sim 25+ years ago wouldn't have become what it is today. The development work passed to Pete's son John. These are very clever people whom we should all be very grateful to whatever sim you fly.

• Like 15
  • Upvote 4

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Posted (edited)

@Reset XPDR

Couldn’t resist myself so I am currently in a flight from Amsterdam to Nice.Lots of Live AI ac ( Psxtraffic) and Live weather. Using the latest beta.

IMG-9612.jpg

At startup the tLOD was 135.

IMG-9616.jpg

After checking and unchecking tLOD min + the tLOD stated to drop

IMG-9617.jpg

Till it settled for 50.

IMG-9618.jpg

Everything was smooth. From taxi to take off.  Currently I am half an hour into the flight and the App is working perfectly.

The current version is also working on a multi monitor setup as it checks the framerate from the main window. 

Any idea why ( on both pc’s the tLOD started at 135 (server) and 150 (client) ?

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

8 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Everything was smooth. From taxi to take off.  Currently I am half an hour into the flight and the App is working perfectly.

The current version is also working on a multi monitor setup as it checks the framerate from the main window. 

Any idea why ( on both pc’s the tLOD started at 135 (server) and 150 (client) ?

I'm am pleased to hear it is working for you now. Re different starting TLODs, one app is in non-expert mode and the other two are in expert mode and they do not use the same TLOD min settings. I suggest you configure them all to be exactly the same settings.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

11 hours ago, Reset XPDR said:

I personally object to having performance data in your face while in game as IMO it ruins the immersion

Thank you and I understand...interestingly enough, your reason above is actually why I asked. I was hoping to have the option of displaying a much smaller portion (just TLOD and OLOD) in the upper left corner in place of the much larger dialog box.

Anyway, both of your programs are great and I enjoy using them.

• Like 1

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

14 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:

I'm am pleased to hear it is working for you now. Re different starting TLODs, one app is in non-expert mode and the other two are in expert mode and they do not use the same TLOD min settings. I suggest you configure them all to be exactly the same settings.

Thanks for explaining.

I inderstand what you mean.
I was wondering why when going back from Expert mode to Non Expert mode the tLOD remained at 50 and is working like a breeze.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Reset XPDR said:

Those log stats are correct for the settings you told me and is consistent with what I said here:

In short, the app is working as intended.

After I unchecked the expert mode, the TLOD will change as the altitude up and down. the FPS target is set to the same limit as the RTSS. Perfectly smooth without stuttering.

Edited by kcjc073

Posted (edited)

Re:  Memory Hack...

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Are you aware this is how FSUIPC was created many years ago? It takes a very clever person to disassemble a executable and analyse the contents. The original UIPC was created by Adam Zofran and then Pete Dowson developed his version from the work Adam had done.

He asked Microsoft for help but none was forthcoming. He battled on because with every new version variables were broken so work had to start again. Eventually after many years the Aces team decided to cooperate and Pete's life became a lot easier.

Without that effort flight sim 25+ years ago wouldn't have become what it is today. The development work passed to Pete's son John. These are very clever people whom we should all be very grateful to whatever sim you fly.

Brilliant!  If there was a microphone drop to be had, it would be shattered in pieces on the floor at this very moment. :smile:

Edit: You can be sure that MS / Asobo are looking at this very closely and considering how they can incorporate it in to MSFS2024 in some way.  They are already acutely aware of it as we know by their usual response to these matters.
Also good people, note that the sky colour corrections were also a 'hack' to start with, and are now adapted by Asobo officially.  Sometimes you have to push the boundaries to make progress. 

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 6

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

8 minutes ago, kcjc073 said:

After I unchecked the expert mode, the TLOD will change as the altitude up and down. the FPS target is set to the same limit as the RTSS. Perfectly smooth without stuttering.

That's because non-expert mode has less aggressive settings than what you have set in expert mode. Your issue is with the settings you have chosen. This is the third and last time I will tell you this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:

That's because non-expert mode has less aggressive settings than what you have set in expert mode. Your issue is with the settings you have chosen. This is the third and last time I will tell you this.

Thanks for the correction. I didn't mean to imply that there was anything wrong with the programme or the logic, in fact I'm very pleased with and respect your contribution. It's just that I was so concerned about the consistency of the RTSS Frame time (not fps )that I neglected to mention that the latest version is optimising the system's capabilities and FPS targets. I found a simple solution after trying to adjust the parameters over and over again throughout the day.

Please forgive me if English is not my native language.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, craigeaglefire said:

Let’s be clear here,

this is a memory ‘hack’,

that is officially frowned upon & rejected by Microsobo,

& completely is outside of Terms of Service…

just checking for authenticity…

If you have nothing better to contribute why bother saying anything?

Trust me there are plenty of people on here that really do appreciate Reset's work. No one is forcing you to use this app and no one wants to hear your constant whining.

If you disagree with this so much delete your AVSIM account and go spend time at the official forum or even better Reddit, that'll be right up your street!!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

While I can certainly appreciate your sentiment, I have to respectfully as well as strongly disagree. This thread has provided Reset as well as avid supporters the opportunity to test and re-test various builds for quite some time now. Yes - a thread introducing the app to newcomers is a great idea. But why does this thread has to suffer as a consequence? Where should we continue this discussion?

I can find agreement with both of you.  There is value spread throughout the topic's volumous pages.  No argument.  

7 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Fair enough. I’ll still stand by my original comment though. I agree with you - start a new thread introducing the app to new users (who doesn’t care too much about plowing through 53 pages to figure out where to download the latest release build, or where the nice and legible readme can be found). I get this. As I said I do understand your sentiment and agree with it.

BUT - I beg the mods not to close this thread. That’ll be like disabling the expert mode because some users find the settings there baffling. I’m prepared to die defending this hill 😉

This is a great solution.  I am with FalconAF.  Likely because we are both former Air Force (snicker). I am moderately "equipped" to understand all of what has developed here, but moderately is not enough.   I have struggled with chasing too many tails through all of these pages, and have needed to travel away from my sim twice for periods of 5 days each. I have used both apps, and unfortunately based on my RTX 3080 card, I also pursued the FG hack for RTX 3's.  The result in my case turned a relatively smooth MSFS at locked 30fps, into a stuttering mess both at high altitudes and on or near the ground. My fault for chasing too many tails at the same time.  So now I am attempting to revert and then use autoFPS in basic form.  KISS principle to get back to smooth.  And I am not completely there yet. 

A new topic would help greatly, or better yet a userguide that is not so technical.  

Here is where I am at right now. My systems specs are in my message footer.  Smooth with the app not on top.  A bit sluggish when on top. The screen shot taken at VerticalSim's KTPA. Will fly this afternoon. Any suggestions from Reset XPDR or Cpt_Piett are welcome.  Others should apply first (LOL)!

image.png.b41ff909e7985acf58c12280a850340d.png

image.png.b60f71a0733761fd445b52db1310df44.png

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Reset XPDR said:

Re acceptability of your settings, it depends not only on your specific hardware but also your expectations, so I can't really make that determination other than that they look reasonable for a VR setup with perhaps an older CPU that struggles with high TLOD.

I literally have the top-of-the-line CPU: 7950X3D. However stuttering was always the largest problem for me, even with Reverb G2, and now Quest 3. Though Quest 3  is much smoother and the only problem I see is cockpit judder when looking side to side, but AutoFPS seems to help a lot here. It seems it needs some headrom to be smooth, even with solid FPS. I could always see great smooth FPS in between the stutters, and TLOD is clearly exacerbating stutters. And taxiing in busy airports was always iffy. So I though I'd set very low TLOD ont he ground (where it doesn't really matter) and put a reasonably good looking but as low as possible top limit, to create some breathing room for smooth flights. Stutterless flights are the top priority for me, and I'm very sensivie to stutters and judders. In VR the images is not as crisp as on a 4K monitor, so visuals still look very nice. Ultra clouds add much more to the visuals - but they do have a large CPU impact. Compared to Ultra, High clouds seem like detailless cotton balls. Anyway, the results are already great, thank you again for the app, it really makes it possible to have a steady and smooth flight. It's a shame we can't have it out of the box, and this would have been so easy to implement in MSFS natively, it's such a simple and effective concept! But I'm sure even if it's implemented natively, there won't be so many options to tune it, they would have to dumb it down.

Edited by Roman Design
  • Like 2

CYYJ  Victoria International Airport [BC Canada CYOW  Ottawa International Airport [Ontario Canada]   
 CYOO  Oshawa Executive Airport [Ontario Canada CYKZ  Toronto Buttonville Municipal Airport [Ontario Canada]
 CNC3  Brampton-Caledon Airport [Ontario Canada
Available now at FlightSimulation.RomanDesign.ca +4 Free Scenery Packs
My Hard Sci-Fi novels and audiobooks: RomanLando.com