i have  an issue that has came up with auto fps 4.2.10 when it does not close on exit fom msfs, and the only way to get it to shut down is through  task manager. i dialed back to 4.9 version but still have the same issue, can has any one else had this problem?

• Upvote 1

regards, graeme crawford

Dear @Reset XPDR, thank you so much for developing this tool. It has revived my simming with MSFS getting nice stable frame rates on an ageing machine! It works from hanger to hanger and gives me a smooth flight every time.

Is there a way to freeze clouds e.g. at HIGH when I don’t use the Expert settings?

The automatic settings work best for me and I wish I could freeze the clouds at HIGH to give the extra head room and let the algorithm do its thing 😁

2 hours ago, SuperKaro2014 said:

Dear @Reset XPDR, thank you so much for developing this tool. It has revived my simming with MSFS getting nice stable frame rates on an ageing machine! It works from hanger to hanger and gives me a smooth flight every time.

Is there a way to freeze clouds e.g. at HIGH when I don’t use the Expert settings?

The automatic settings work best for me and I wish I could freeze the clouds at HIGH to give the extra head room and let the algorithm do its thing 😁

Simple hack: set them to Ultra and check the box to degrade them +1 (to high) in Auto FPS

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

@Flyfaster_MTN002, how would I do that using the automatic setting? Unless I select Expert, I have no control over how the app adjusts the clouds… or am I missing something.

Basically what I was hoping to achieve was to use the app in the automatic mode and have the clouds frozen at high.

16 minutes ago, SuperKaro2014 said:

@Flyfaster_MTN002, how would I do that using the automatic setting? Unless I select Expert, I have no control over how the app adjusts the clouds… or am I missing something.

Basically what I was hoping to achieve was to use the app in the automatic mode and have the clouds frozen at high.

Did you try unchecking "decrease cloud quality?"

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

Did you try unchecking "decrease cloud quality?"

In order the get that option, I need to switch on the Expert options, right?

I just want to use the basic or auto feature which works really well on my rig, and keep the clouds at high all the time.

I've not done much flying recently and also not used the Auto FPS app for a long while (originally preferred DynamicLOD), but today I thought I'd update and give it a go and....well it's lovely! I think it's matured enough now for my VFR + VR needs that it is the app of the two that I should be using, set it and forget it so to speak.

I locked it onto 40fps and let it do the rest whilst I enjoyed the experience, a very pleasant couple of flights this weekend in Europe & the USA.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, SuperKaro2014 said:

In order the get that option, I need to switch on the Expert options, right?

I just want to use the basic or auto feature which works really well on my rig, and keep the clouds at high all the time.

Just put it on expert, and leave everything untouched accept uncheck decrease  cloud quality. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

12 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Just put it on expert, and leave everything untouched accept uncheck decrease  cloud quality. 

Thanks, I did try that, but the performance seems better when I just go without the Expert settings… maybe it is placebo 🤗

6 hours ago, MarcG said:

I've not done much flying recently and also not used the Auto FPS app for a long while (originally preferred DynamicLOD), but today I thought I'd update and give it a go and....well it's lovely! I think it's matured enough now for my VFR + VR needs that it is the app of the two that I should be using, set it and forget it so to speak.

I locked it onto 40fps and let it do the rest whilst I enjoyed the experience, a very pleasant couple of flights this weekend in Europe & the USA.

You have an RTX 3070TI?  You should also give the RTX Series 3 Frame Generation mod a try.  I am using it in combination with AutoFPS and having incredible results with my RTX 3080.  Both mods work well together.  The FG mod involves about 4 steps that are easily reversible if it does not meet your expectations.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

4 hours ago, fppilot said:

You have an RTX 3070TI?  You should also give the RTX Series 3 Frame Generation mod a try.  I am using it in combination with AutoFPS and having incredible results with my RTX 3080.  Both mods work well together.  The FG mod involves about 4 steps that are easily reversible if it does not meet your expectations.

That doesn't work with VR 😉

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

On 2/23/2024 at 4:29 AM, Reset XPDR said:

Further to discussion of the concept demonstration version of the MSFS2020_AutoFPS starting here, I hope that the app proves useful in getting the most out of your MSFS 2020 experience. I welcome any feedback you have on this app and will do my best to fix any bugs or issues that are identified..

Thank you so much for sharing this utility Reset. It works perfectly and really helps on final approach, thank you.

I hope that Asobo recognise your talent and purchase the rights to use the code from you to include in MSFS 2024 and don't just cut and paste the Xbox code into 2024 without any option for customisation...

• Like 2

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10

9 minutes ago, motishow said:

where is the last version? 

i have.0.4.2.10 test 

Mine says 0.4.2.10    without the test. 

• Like 2