1 minute ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Not sure if I understand, but running the installer will provide the option of uninstalling:

https://github.com/ResetXPDR/MSFS2020_AutoFPS?tab=readme-ov-file#readme-ov-file

Never worked for me , and I tried it a dozen times 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, por930 said:

Hi Bob, thanks for the reply. I had deleted the installation folder, but it seems it came back empty after reboot. However, the app was still very much alive, so it had squirreled itself somewhere

Using the "everything" app, I found several instances for the MSFS2020_Autofps. Most of them in my C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Roaming and one(MSFS2020_AutoFPS.exe) in the C:\Windows\Prefetch.

I will remove the found instances to see if this removes the app persistence.

Maybe the author could provide a 'how to remove this app if required" on the install process.

@Reset XPDR

The how to remove this app if required is already in the readme, which says:

• To uninstall, ensure you have completely exited the app (ie. it is not hiding still running in your Systray), run the installer and select remove on the first window. This will remove all traces of the app, including the desktop icon, MSFS or FSUIPC autostart entries if you used them, and the entire app folder, including your configuration file.

To be frank, the only users that have had an issue with uninstalling is because they did not follow these instructions and got themselves into trouble trying to manually delete it. I am not going to provide more instructions on how to remove it manually if they can't even be bothered to read and perform the instructions already there that actually work!

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

3 minutes ago, Shrek1970 said:

@Reset XPDRcould we get "pause when MSFS loses focus" as an option on the screen if expert options is not selected?

I am keeping the non-expert section as clean as possible from a UI perspective, so I am not going to do this sorry. Just use expert settings, leave the defaults as they are and use the pause feature there.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Posted (edited)

AWARD NOMINATION!
After chasing my tail attempting to keep up with the FRENETIC development pace of all of this, it now becomes easy to describe this as a great enhancement to MSFS 2020, second perhaps only to to the fame and lore of Addons LInker. 

Today saw a backtrack through my sometimes positive, sometimes frustrating travels through both of these related apps along with the RTX 3 Series Frame Generation (FG) hack (FG is supported with RTX 4's but evolved as a hack for the RTX 3's). 

If you have followed this topic through it's now 66+ pages you have witnessed my tail-chasing.  It was at times self-imposed by chasing too many enhancements at once, and at other times struggling or attempting to absorb technical details by those much more talented in these matters. 

Today a comprehensive cleaning process was completed, followed by a highly deliberate step-by-step, forward looking reengagement of both.  FG hack first.  Then a fresh installation of AutoFPS 4.2. Not going to post numbers for others to chase with now mediocre specs like mine (see my footer) as my system is mostly 4 1/2 years old with an 18 month old RTX 4080.  Just allow here a declaration of a clear statement of WOW!  Just WOW! 

My MSFS  is now as smooth if not smoother than the best single-malt scotch on my liquor shelves.  It has tamed my most taxing payware airports from lions into pussycats.  Sometimes takes a couple of minutes after starting up at one.  The apps status indicators show when the engagement process is complete for each aspect.  Then it is pure bliss.  Highly recommend!

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

2 minutes ago, fppilot said:

My MSFS  is now as smooth if not smoother than the best single-malt scotch on my liquor shelves.  It has tamed my most taxing payware airports from lions into pussycats.  Sometimes takes a couple of minutes after starting up at one.  The apps status indicators show when the engagement process is complete for each aspect.  Then it is pure bliss.  Highly recommend!

🎉🍾🤩

Couldn't agree more of course. AutoFPS has transcended my flight simming to another galaxy dimension 😄

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, fppilot said:

My MSFS  is now as smooth if not smoother than the best single-malt scotch on my liquor shelves. 

image.png.bda6428d10563a31b430a66f859f4895.png

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

🎉🍾🤩

Couldn't agree more of course. AutoFPS has transcended my flight simming to another galaxy dimension 😄

Did you mention Dimesions?

When the moon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars  

This is the dawning of the age of AutoFPS, age of AutoFPS.......
FPS'es es s,  yaeah

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
ASUS 

I’ve read through this thread for a while now and thought I would give this app a try. I’ve done several flights now with it. The results are truly amazing. The software is absolutely brilliant. @Reset XPDR thank you for this gift of improved performance and visuals.

• Like 4

Benjamin Nash

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4 RAM CL14, Asus ROG Strix 4090, Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard, LG OLED C1 48". 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

But  you have to turn it on before you start MSFS, otherwise MSFS won't load. 

Absolutely - yes - though my MSFS loads fine if I forget, as the Enhancer restores the hosts file if you exit it cleanly.

I make a habit of kicking that one off manually first - before I even fire up the Linker (where I could be tempted to hit the green "Run MSFS" icon). Most of the other stuff I have auto-starts automatically via exe.xml.

I also (periodically) flush all the buffers and caches etc. - which seems to help the tiles to regenerate and display correctly - albeit after a couple of sessions.

Edited by Adamski_NZ

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Maybe an odd request, is there a way to add a VRAM cap into the algorithm?  For instance, even though I'll get high reported FPS at a complex airport like JFK, if my VRAM exceeds about ~89% usage (10GB 3080), I'll start getting significant choppiness until usage drops down into the lower 80s.  Anything ~95% then leads to a slide show.

I'd love to use all the dials and knobs in this wonderful program, but somehow say "don't exceed 85% VRAM usage."

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

@Reset XPDR

Given that the posts are probably going to move for the next sim update and that the current application can’t connect to the current sim beta ( and that the app is a continuation based on the work of 2 previous developers). How difficult is it going to be adjusting the app after the next update ?

I have never used this app. Because my flight are always smooth. Both OLOD and TLOD are always at 200. Render preset is Ultra for everything. I see no stutters anywhere in the sim at any level. I suspect it's because even though I run 2 1440p monitors, but MSFS only extends in a window stretched across one and a half monitors (desktop spanned over 2 screens with NCP surround's bezel correction). Less pixels than one 4K monitor.

I put other stuff, like maps, on the right half of the right hand screen which isn't in the MSFS window.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

49 minutes ago, ha5mvo said:

and that the current application can’t connect to the current sim beta

I'm using the v15 Sim Beta and have no problem using the MSFS 2020 Auto FPS App. It works just fine for me.

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

4 hours ago, flyblueskies said:

I'm using the v15 Sim Beta and have no problem using the MSFS 2020 Auto FPS App. It works just fine for me.

Same here, no issues, release version of AutoFPS is working as intended. 

@Reset XPDR, sorry for bothering you so much today. I'm getting very confused nowadays as we have two active AutoFPS threads and I'm having huge trouble trying to keep up with them both. Half of the time I don't even know which thread I'm posting in 🤷‍♂️ I'd like to hear what fellow forum users think: which thread is the most appropriate to use? I'm really thinking we need to focus the discussion in one thread. 

Perhaps I'm about to change the previous viewpoint that it is time for this thread to be locked... Unless Reset plans further test builds - then I think it would be more relevant to keep discussing these in this thread - and discuss release version in the other thread. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

7 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Unless Reset plans further test builds - then I think it would be more relevant to keep discussing these in this thread - and discuss release version in the other thread. 

I agree. One thread for testing, and one for the release version.

• Like 1

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K, XMP OC | GPU: ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080Ti 11GB | MoBo:  ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F | OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit | RAM: 32GB 3466MHz DDR4 | HD: 2TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 PCIe SSD, 3TB HDD | MSFS 2020