Sign in to follow this  
BrammyH

Fenix B2 releases tomorrow.

1 minute ago, NightOfDreams said:

Does Block 2 cost extra money if I already bought the original? Will it work with FS2Crew or will I have to buy another FS2Crew version?

It's a free upgrade for Fenix users. I don't have FSCREW so I can't speak to that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NightOfDreams said:

Does Block 2 cost extra money if I already bought the original?

that is the best thing. NO!

EDIT: BrammyH was a tad faster

Edited by DAD
  • Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

2 minutes ago, DAD said:

that is the best thing. NO!

EDIT: BrammyH was a tad faster

He who post's the fastest gets a  prize, " A bucket of steam". 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

He who post's the fastest gets a  prize, " A bucket of steam". 

glad then Brammy was faster 😉

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Simbrief profile already updated.

BalHGdh.png

• Like 5

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB RAM 5200MHz, Asus Prime B650+, 850W PSU

English is not my first language.

26 minutes ago, NightOfDreams said:

Does Block 2 cost extra money if I already bought the original? Will it work with FS2Crew or will I have to buy another FS2Crew version?

No, you won't have to buy another FS2Crew version. As for whether or not it will work straight after release, nobody knows until we have the airplane. If anything should break, I'm sure the devs will address it ASAP in an update. Since Fenix have stated to publish more SIMVARS from their A320, I'm also certain we'll even see increased functionality with FS2Crew for the Fenix, such as letting the F/O set A/P variables and so on. 

Edited by psychedelic_tortilla
  • Like 1

Intel i7-10700K @ 4.7 GHz | Nvidia RTX 3070 FE | 32GB DDR4 RAM 

The Simbrief profile has been updated. No need to download anything. You can just pick your engine variant.

Edit: Dang it rutrA was faster.

Edited by Farlis

5 minutes ago, Farlis said:

The Simbrief profile has been updated. No need to download anything. You can just pick your engine variant.

Edit: Dang it rutrA was faster.

another bucket of steam winner. yeah!

• Upvote 1

Phil Leaven

16 minutes ago, rutrA said:

Simbrief profile already updated.

BalHGdh.png

Typical. Was about to depart on a farewell flight with the B1, now my fuel burn will be inaccurate. When will they get their act together!

😉

• Like 1

Funny story about my, what now turns out to be last ever, flight with Block 1:

I recently started flying on VATSIM. Great fun, yadda, yadda, yadda...

So I picked one of Artariums liveries and flew D-AIZA from Frankfurt to Sarajevo.

At least that was the plan. 

What happens as I climb through FL260? Engine 1 catches fire.

In all the time I have flown the Fenix, always with failures enabled, nothing ever went wrong. And instead of just getting a minor fault, I get the full monty. On Vatsim.

Declared an emergency, landed in Munich instead. Controllers were very helpful.

Haven't touched her since, and now it seems she will not get out of the hangar before Block 2 comes out.

So she went out with a bang for me. 

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 14

So, I've never run a business or anything, but...ummmm...wouldn't you have waited for the permission to release before announcing the release? 

2 minutes ago, Sticky said:

So, I've never run a business or anything, but...ummmm...wouldn't you have waited for the permission to release before announcing the release? 

Permission from whom? The CEO is the one who announced the release.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sticky said:

As Dave said, the annoucmenent permission has nothing to do with the actual release.

My guess is, there is something in the annoucement about the Prosim license for hardware and they are waiting for them to fully sign off before the annoucement.

The update can be released without this since there would need to be 3rd party support for the hardware I imagine.

5 minutes ago, Sticky said:

What I don't get , if they are not releasing it yet, then one would think it isn't ready for release. So what is going to happen between now and the time it actually is released, is something going to be fixed? 😏

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

You guys are taking a message way out of context. That only had to do with David's post about liveries - he was waiting for a sign-off from all livery makers that they were happy with the text and screenshots used. 

It literally has no effect on the software whatsoever, you just can't see what he's responding to because it's a screenshot of a chat. Not an announcement or anything.

• Like 11
  • Upvote 1

Aamir Thacker