Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Fenix A320 Block 2 is released

9 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I do all my flightplans and loading with Simbrief. It is never wrong. 

You don’t add a little bit extra? Farris suggested doing that some 100 posts back in this thread

5 minutes ago, jcomm said:

After all they're not ! Great !

They’re not? That’s not great as I’d like to have different sensitivity for the King Air vs the Fenix

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

2 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

You don’t add a little bit extra? Farris suggested doing that some 100 posts back in this thread

You can do that in Simbrief too though - there's a section in the flight editor where you can specify extra fuel.

3 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

They’re not? That’s not great as I’d like to have different sensitivity for the King Air vs the Fenix

"They're not" as in "they're not shared among profiles" - so you can have different sensitivities for the King Air and the Fenix. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Area said:

Hello,

When I do this action, the MCDU returns "AOC SEC F-PLN UPLINK" but I no longer have the import of the Simbrief flight plan (EFB does have the flight paln).

Edit : This only happens when the engine is started.

I had this too.

It's because your default load is with the engines running.  And I've found that it will not import the flight plan if hte engines are running. (Don't know if this is true IRL).

If you restart the flight and use the panel state options to load 'turnaround with APU' or similar, then load your Simbrief from the tablet, then hit the INIT REQ in the FP page of the MCDU, the flight plan will be imported.

• Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

people really using the recommended +20 settings ? Dont you find it insanely over sensitive ? 

I move my Virpil stick just half a CM and the thing is like an F16 

• Like 1

Roi Ben

28 minutes ago, planechaser said:

Wonderful update ( those IAE sounds are amazing )  but i am having issues with reverse thrust.(same with block 1)

Once i land and press F2 ( i don't have reverse on my joystick) to activate full reverse, it just stays in reverse idle until it slows down to around 80 knots. Tried also holding down the key and it does not kick in until the aircraft is almost at a stop . 

All my other AC F2 standard key works fine with reverse kicking in right away.

I am not on SU15 beta.

Wonder if this is normal behavior or a bug

I do exactly the same (although I mapped a joystick button to the command, which is F2 on the keyboard) and it works fine with the Fenix. I do have to push and hold it a couple of times sometimes, though, until it goes to full reverse. Basically something like that: After touch down hit it once (will go to idle reverse), then hit it again and hold (will go up to full reverse).

I can't seem to import a Simbrief flight plan into the MCDU. I can do so in the EFB and ACARS init request page but I get an error in the Init page in the FMC. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by jarmstro

2 hours ago, jcomm said:

I changed my settings to the ones suggested in the documentation that comes with v2, activated SDS and the Rudder tunning too....

A pity that MSFS 2020 doesn't allow to have these SENSITIVITY settings associated only with one specific Profile but applies it to all of the profiles 😕

I will keep testing and will try to give feedback !

I also use RealTurb v2.0.1 and my turbulence settings in MSFS 2020 are presently set Aamir !to "REALISTIC".

Thank you for your interest Aamir !

Just make a different Profile for the Fenix, .

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

people really using the recommended +20 settings ? Dont you find it insanely over sensitive ? 

I move my Virpil stick just half a CM and the thing is like an F16 

It's -20. Fenix accidentally loaded up a wrong screenshot which showed +20. So -20 is the correct setting.

• Like 2

Just now, Fiorentoni said:

It's -20. Fenix accidentally loaded up a wrong screenshot which showed +20. So -20 is the correct setting.

Must have flown like a Pitts Special with plus 20.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

17 minutes ago, martinboehme said:

According to the tables I linked to earlier, yes, but...

This sounds suspiciously as if it didn't load the passengers for some reason, and then the fuel flow would be consistent with the low weight.

I remember setting up my payload and fuel in the tablet and importing it but I noticed usually the plane will settle on the gears a bit but it did not do anything.  With B2 you can now set your fuel load via the FMC.  I am not sure you could do that in B1 I never tried.  I set 20,000 lbs of fuel in the FMC and that imported that fuel load into the airplane.  Took off and it felt rather sporty so I doubt I had any payload onboard.  Will have to tinker with it on my next opportunity for a flight!

I will need to familiarize myself with Simbrief.  I have heard about it but i am kind of a lazy simmer.  I take some things seriously and other things not so serious.  I fly direct most of the time!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Ohhh ok that makes sense ! 🙂

thanks 

Roi Ben

5 minutes ago, longhaul747 said:

I will need to familiarize myself with Simbrief.  I have heard about it but i am kind of a lazy simmer.

Then simbrief should be perfect for you. Just a few clicks then import into the plane. 

15 minutes ago, martinboehme said:

You can do that in Simbrief too though - there's a section in the flight editor where you can specify extra fuel.

"They're not" as in "they're not shared among profiles" - so you can have different sensitivities for the King Air and the Fenix. 

Thanks for clearing this up, got confused by conflicting posts. I usually add extra fuel in EFB after importing simbrief.

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

8 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

I can't seem to import a Simbrief flight plan into the MCDU. I can do so in the EFB and ACARS init request page but I get an error in the Init page in the FMC. Any help would be appreciated.

15 minutes ago, JYW said:

It might be because your default load into the Fenix is with the engines running.  And I've found that it will not import the flight plan if hte engines are running. (Don't know if this is true IRL).

If you restart the flight and use the panel state options to load 'turnaround with APU' or similar, then load your Simbrief from the tablet, then hit the INIT REQ in the FP page of the MCDU, the flight plan will be imported.

• Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Just landed a at KDSM , and heard ....retard, retard, retard, retard, retard, retard etc....etc.. until I closed down MSFS..  😲

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

Just landed a at KDSM , and heard ....retard, retard, retard, retard, retard, retard etc....etc.. until I closed down MSFS..  😲

I think I read you switch views to outside and then back to the cockpit and then it stops.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q