DAD

Fenix A320 Block 2 is released

2 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

What is Rudder damping?

Makes it more realistic don't tend to slide around has much. I have been able to keep center line easier with it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, carlanthony24 said:

A330 Driver comment from Youtube No words is all I will say.

Absolutely stinks of agenda.

He's probably just put out that he never received an 'advanced' copy, and had to use the LVFR for his IAE video earlier this week 😄

He did used to love the Fenix. People used to ask him why he never flew the FBW and he made a comment about that plane along the lines of "I don't use freeware. The quality isn't high enough" (I say again, he hadn't even tried the FBW.

Then when the INI A320 appeared for a few days, he was besotted with it, and at that point started making constant snipes about the Fenix.

• Like 5

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Another perfect flight.

Those still getting AP disconnects, do make sure you have set the turbulance level (in assistance settings) to LOW.    I got one disconnect in an early test flight.   Then read about the above.    Set it to low and now 3 full flights with not a sign of the AP disconnect.

This ol' CEO will do me just fine.

Wow.png

• Like 12

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Just now, JYW said:

Absolutely stinks of agenda.

He's probably just put out that he never received an 'advanced' copy, and had to use the LVFR for his IAE video earlier this week 😄

He did used to love the Fenix. People used to ask him why he never flew the FBW and he made a comment about that plane along the lines of "I don't use freeware. The quality isn't high enough" (I say again, he hadn't even tried the FBW.

Then when the INI A320 appeared for a few days, he was besotted with it, and at that point started making constant snipes about the Fenix.

Nothing new then. Will never say anything bad about the one he advises for. 

• Like 1

First flight with B2.  GSX loading fuel and Pax was smooth.  I don't see how we're supposed to engage pushback.  I ended up using GSX menu and it work, so I'm wondering if that's the norm?  In other words, using the EFB to load Pax and fuel but GSX for actual pushback.

Not real keen on the FDE.  Ground handling is weird for sure.  Plus, it seems that FBW doesn't translate well.  I pull back to rotate and if I let go of the sidestick it drops the nose some.  I was always under the impression FBW held your last input regardless of your sidestick position being centered.  🤔

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

I especially like the feel of hand flying this bird now with SDS, something special about it

1 hour ago, carlanthony24 said:

SDS and Rudder Damping having them on is so much better.

The plane seems sturdier and very little control input is necessary to achieve straight and level flight as well as following the flight directors. Windy approaches are much easier to handle, and I find the landing flare easier to accomplish. Keeping the plane on the runway centerline is a bit tricky without rudder pedals, which is to be expected. All in all I really enjoy the updated flight model in B2 using damper settings.

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Orlaam said:

I don't see how we're supposed to engage pushback.  I ended up using GSX menu and it work, so I'm wondering if that's the norm?  In other words, using the EFB to load Pax and fuel but GSX for actual pushback.

Just make sure you follow the instructions in the knowledge base and change settings in the EFB and GSX menu as recommended.

When it works it’s fantastic. Just start boarding by hitting apply load in the EFB and choose “GSX”, then the rest should be automatic with no user input.

When you’re ready for pushback, make sure APU + APU bleed is on then turn on beacon light. The pushback should then start automatically.

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 hour ago, JYW said:

He's probably just put out that he never received an 'advanced' copy

Did anyone receive an advance copy?

Did they put ability to display MCDU say on a browser so yu can use your IPAD to interact like FBW

Ahh, I did forget my beacon, lmao.  That was possibly why.  I'll see what happens on the next one, cause everything else was fine.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Just now, wan2fly99 said:

Did they put ability to display MCDU say on a browser so yu can use your IPAD to interact like FBW

Yes, bottom right on the tablet home screen.

Just now, wan2fly99 said:

Yes, the EFB linked perfectly to my iPAD.  MCDU worked as well.  Very nice.

- Chris

44 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

The plane seems sturdier and very little control input is necessary to achieve straight and level flight as well as following the flight directors. Windy approaches are much easier to handle, and I find the landing flare easier to accomplish. Keeping the plane on the runway centerline is a bit tricky without rudder pedals, which is to be expected. All in all I really enjoy the updated flight model in B2 using damper settings.

The thing I noticed about the B2 compared to the first version and the PMDG 737, is the ground handling, mainly the takeoff roll tracking. I can nail the nosewheel on the centerline with both the 737 and the Fenix version one. The B2 version, for me, is squirrely. As the takeoff progresses, it seems to require changing rudder inputs, both in direction and amount of rudder, and it seems the goal is to keep it somewhere in the middle of the runway. Nailing the centerline, seems to be something that isn't going to happen. Other than that, flying it is pretty good, and landing is excellent. I will have to try that rudder damper tomorrow and see if that makes a difference. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Anybody else not getting the Cabin Announcements?

Yes it’s enabled in the EFB, and yes I have turned on and up the PA knob.

I don’t hear them in the cabin either…

Many thanks.

I like the new announcement features. I was able to use my FSLabs announcements and with a little renaming per the guide, worked perfectly in the Fenix. 

• Like 2

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro