Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Fenix A320 Block 2 is released

3 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Well the Fenix discord and flightsimto won't allow real Cabin announcement packs. Where will we find them?

People are downloading them from a P3D developer who also makes Airbuses. 

• Upvote 1

'Retard' call is stuck after landing. Anyone ? 

Roi Ben

2 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

'Retard' call is stuck after landing. Anyone ? 

It's a bug that sometimes happens. Just switch to external view and back to the cockpit and it's gone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

Well the Fenix discord and flightsimto won't allow real Cabin announcement packs. Where will we find them?

That's a shame.  I wonder why?   Copyright or something I suppose.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, JYW said:

That's a shame.  I wonder why?   Copyright or something I suppose.

Yes. It's a legal nightmare, because you are not only using the airline's "text" (which most airlines would be okay with, they have no problems with liveries either), but also using one or more individual person's voice (the flight attendant speaking on the announcement). Fenix would get sued into financial ruin very quickly if they allowed that.

Edited by Fiorentoni

Ohh, the structure of the announcement files is certainly familiar and interesting 🙂  Is it possible to have different packs assigned to different liveries or is that going to be a manual swap out thing?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

There's always something to do during pre-flight for the meticulous pilot 😉 

Moan to the other about his roster, how he gets more standbys than anyone else, or his annual bid he didn't get is the normal scenario I've found over the years

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

51 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Yes. It's a legal nightmare, because you are not only using the airline's "text" (which most airlines would be okay with, they have no problems with liveries either), but also using one or more individual person's voice (the flight attendant speaking on the announcement). Fenix would get sued into financial ruin very quickly if they allowed that.

The fsl pa's default PA's where the actual ones in the easyJet pa book and done by actual cabin crew if I remember rightly 

14ppkc-6.png

I would personally be very un-thrilled if a PA of mine ended up in a video game, without my consent or licensing.  Wise of Fenix to not be allowing this.

I don't really understand the draw to hearing cabin crew announcements in-sim.  Folks do seem to like it, but it's nothing a flight deck crew is listening to in reality.  Is it part of the move towards pax simming, where people like to sit in the cabin and stare at the wing?  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Andrew Crowley

17 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

I would personally be very un-thrilled if a PA of mine ended up in a video game, without my consent or licensing.  Wise of Fenix to not be allowing this.

I don't really understand the draw to hearing cabin crew announcements in-sim.  Folks do seem to like it, but it's nothing a flight deck crew is listening to in reality.  Is it part of the move towards pax simming, where people like to sit in the cabin and stare at the wing?  

I guess it's just a flavour thing. I mean you don't see your livery either from the cockpit, so why bother with it anyway? 😉

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I find that I have way too much time in the flight deck waiting for boarding to finish. If I choose to use the new “accessibility options” in the EFB, pre-flight is even quicker. So I do like Fiorentoni and look around the airport using drone cam. At larger hubs there’s usually a frenzy of activity, like when I departed from Pearson yesterday. Being new to GSX, I don’t mind spending some time watching the ground crew operations.

Welcome to being an airline pilot lol.  My feet are up on the panel for a decent amount of time while pax are boarding.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

I don't really understand the draw to hearing cabin crew announcements in-sim.  Folks do seem to like it, but it's nothing a flight deck crew is listening to in reality.

I think it's just another way some people want to tie their flight simming to their only experience of flight.

We even have some people that want to do the whole exit a taxi, walk through the terminal, wait in the departure gate, board and sit as pax experience.

Chacun à son goût 🤷‍♂️

Edited by F737MAX
  • Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

32 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

I have the PA on really low IRL.  I do like to know what the FA is up to, and I find that hearing it is helpful.

Posted (edited)

I've just spent the bones of my recent flight reading the Fenix manual from front to back in the EFB.

A nice way to spend the middle half of the flight and all my EFB and MCDU related questions have been answered.

Zero issues on the flight again. A tremendous flying experience.

edit: forgot to mention - they recommend turning off HAGs in order to improve frame rates in the cockpit, just an fyi in case anyone is noticing impactful performance without the frame gen mod.

Edited by El Diablito
  • Like 2

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

29 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

I don't really get it either. I do like some announcements that you hear during preflight or deboarding whenever the cockpit door would be open and you would hear it on the flight deck as a real pilot. But as soon as the cockpit door closes I'm not going to listen to that and focus on pilot stuff. Some communication between cabin and flight deck is realistic too. But it's not like any pilot puts the PA channel on to listen to 5 mins of safety videos during push and taxi.

I also think I'd go insane if my headphones played not just all the aircraft sounds and ATC comms but music and sound effects and people talking at the same time too, all while listening to ATC and doing checklists talking to my MCE F/O.

To each their own. I just downloaded some packs from some other developer (cough) to see if it includes some announcements that would realistically be heard on the flight deck.

• Like 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD