DAD

Fenix A320 Block 2 is released

6 minutes ago, BWBriscoe said:

Thanks. I'll try this. 

This was never an issue in V1 and I have done some flights in V2, so unsure why it's suddenly a problem?

We changed the default render method to the "most performant" on an average of PCs - but there are always cases where it doesn't work as well - so your old settings aren't applied. You'll have to reset them if you want them. 

For example, it can crash if you use MSI afterburner - I can't tell yet what causes it but I know it does cause crashing. As does RivaTuner. Both of these do not play nicely with DisplaySync. The frame-gen mod is also breaking it. Not sure how, again. 

• Like 2

Aamir Thacker

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, roi1862 said:

Hi @Aamir if you already wondering here. Quick question, is it possible to have the world map on the EFB in bright theme ? 

In the world map, there's a little icon in the top right of the screen, click that and you can choose night/day mode

Stu

Sorry. Ignore. Just read the other responses to your question.

Edited by Bunchy

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

1 hour ago, F737MAX said:

Fair enough!

I think bugs are to be expected with such a huge set of updates. But for anyone who doesn't want to 'beta test'/deal with gremlins, perhaps wait a few weeks for things to be resolved.

Well I am on a flight that I did this morning, with the Fenix 30-33 FPS.  Now I am flying the same flight in the PMDG 737 and averaging around 46 FPS. This issue was supposed to have improved performance, but if anything it has gone the other way. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

If Aamir sees this and has a moment, wonder whether he might be able to give me a quick advice on how to get the Fenix.GqlGateway to run and also show in volume mixer?

I’m not getting any announcements sounds because it either isn’t running, or when I can see it running in task manager it still doesn’t show in sound settings and so I still don’t have any announcements sounds.

Thanks

Loving the update..

A couple of things I have noticed. The aircraft seems to often spawn at the gate with the gear up and promptly slams in to the ground, requiring me to go back to the main menu. I have tried Heathrow and Manchester, same result. It is not every flight so looking for an obvious cause and will report back.

A slight bump on the taxiway and the aircraft sometimes goes a few feet in to the air, even at very low speed (just had this again at the payware Manchester a few seconds ago).

I keep getting repeatedly asked to enter DEST data in the MCDU, even when already entered (I saw this on the previous version also)

Pedantic, wishlist item - button repeat on the MCDU pls so I can scroll through the flight plan etc by keeping the button pressed as per the real unit :)

Fantastic work guys. Such a lot of hard work here that is appreciated by many,

all the best

Jane

• Like 3

- Jane Whittaker

49 minutes ago, abennett said:

If Aamir sees this and has a moment, wonder whether he might be able to give me a quick advice on how to get the Fenix.GqlGateway to run and also show in volume mixer?

I’m not getting any announcements sounds because it either isn’t running, or when I can see it running in task manager it still doesn’t show in sound settings and so I still don’t have any announcements sounds.

Thanks

Hm, weird one - but I know Ben from our team who is responsible is tracking and attempting to fix these issues. I'll double check with him.

20 minutes ago, JaneRachel said:

Loving the update..

A couple of things I have noticed. The aircraft seems to often spawn at the gate with the gear up and promptly slams in to the ground, requiring me to go back to the main menu. I have tried Heathrow and Manchester, same result. It is not every flight so looking for an obvious cause and will report back.

A slight bump on the taxiway and the aircraft sometimes goes a few feet in to the air, even at very low speed (just had this again at the payware Manchester a few seconds ago).

I keep getting repeatedly asked to enter DEST data in the MCDU, even when already entered (I saw this on the previous version also)

Pedantic, wishlist item - button repeat on the MCDU pls so I can scroll through the flight plan etc by keeping the button pressed as per the real unit 🙂

Fantastic work guys. Such a lot of hard work here that is appreciated by many,

all the best

Jane

The spawn issue we know about, trying to recreate and fix but it's a slippery one.

DEST data is a correct prompt, I'm guessing you've uplinked your winds and not overwritten the already inserted wind data in the APPR page - it's reminding you to update the wind with an actual entry as opposed to an uplinked one. 

• Like 1

Aamir Thacker

5 minutes ago, Aamir said:

Hm, weird one - but I know Ben from our team who is responsible is tracking and attempting to fix these issues. I'll double check with him.

The spawn issue we know about, trying to recreate and fix but it's a slippery one.

DEST data is a correct prompt, I'm guessing you've uplinked your winds and not overwritten the already inserted wind data in the APPR page - it's reminding you to update the wind with an actual entry as opposed to an uplinked one. 

thank you Aamir,

Learn something about this bird everyday. Appreciate the response!

all the best

Jane

- Jane Whittaker

2 minutes ago, Aamir said:

Awesome thanks. Yeah it seems very weird, haven't come across many people with this issue. Just can't get this GqlGateway to run, I found it in the Program Files Directory and tried to manual start it by clicking, but just doesn't want to run...

Just now, abennett said:

Awesome thanks. Yeah it seems very weird, haven't come across many people with this issue. Just can't get this GqlGateway to run, I found it in the Program Files Directory and tried to manual start it by clicking, but just doesn't want to run...

Thing is, if this isn't running your EFB is likely cooked too. So something weird is going on. We're looking into it though.

• Like 1

Aamir Thacker

16 minutes ago, Aamir said:

Thing is, if this isn't running your EFB is likely cooked too. So something weird is going on. We're looking into it though.

Yeah EFB seems totally normal, very weird.

RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD

As I came into land, pull the thrust levers back on the RETARD command and it kept saying RETARD over and over, even as I was engaing reverse thrust and taxiing off the runway. I had to exit the sim to stop it (was still going as I was taxiing to the terminal). Incresdibly annoying and VERY unrealistic.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, JaneRachel said:

You must have missed something then. Approach page is completly filled out? Winds, temp, QNH AND minimum altitude?

EDIT: Well the master himself was faster than me 🙂

Edited by Fiorentoni

9 minutes ago, BWBriscoe said:

RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD

As I came into land, pull the thrust levers back on the RETARD command and it kept saying RETARD over and over, even as I was engaing reverse thrust and taxiing off the runway. I had to exit the sim to stop it (was still going as I was taxiing to the terminal). Incresdibly annoying and VERY unrealistic.

Switch to external view and back into the cockpit and it's gone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

This issue was supposed to have improved performance, but if anything it has gone the other way. 

Just FYI, this version was not supposed to improve performance. They said it should be the same as before (which in itself is an improvement, considering the huge amount of extra calculations with the external engine model). The numbers you give sound like before B1. Keep in mind that the PMDG is extremely well optimized for a study level aircraft.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Aamir said:

We changed the default render method to the "most performant" on an average of PCs - but there are always cases where it doesn't work as well - so your old settings aren't applied. You'll have to reset them if you want them. 

For example, it can crash if you use MSI afterburner - I can't tell yet what causes it but I know it does cause crashing. As does RivaTuner. Both of these do not play nicely with DisplaySync. The frame-gen mod is also breaking it. Not sure how, again. 

Well MSI afterburner was always "crushable application" for some odd reason....Once I deleted that and started using other apps never happened again. 

Alex