Sign in to follow this  
btacon

FSW C414 Chancellor Major Update 03/05/2024

2 hours ago, Noell said:

The latest is 4.4.4

When I open the Simmarket App is see two files for version 4.4.4 dated 2024-03-08.

One is the changelog text file and the other one is the updated installer zip file.

I simply selected the zip file and had no problems.

That is what I seen on 3-8-24. I also downloaded and installed ok on 3-8-24.

However, on 3-7-24 (my previous post) there was only the changelog for the previous versions on the SimMarket App.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

2 hours ago, Treetops45 said:

I'm getting the Windows Defender "Trojan" warning so will have to try & disable WD, or follow the Youtube instructions in the D/Load notes.

What causes WD to grab some aircraft installs & not other aircraft installs?

T45

I got this with their learjet, first time I've ever seen it. 

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, jon b said:

I got this with their learjet, first time I've ever seen it. 

I think this Defender issue with the Flysimware C414 and Learjet35 installers has been fixed. According to info on the Flysimware Discord, there was a bug in the installer code itself that was triggering Defender. I expect new installers to be out sometime later today.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Ron Lefebvre said:

That is weird. Version 4.4.4 worked perfectly for me with the GTNXI version.

Are you sure you loaded 4.4.4

Yes, definitely version 4.4.4

4 hours ago, Noell said:

I have several hours on 4.4.4 and the GTNXi has worked perfectly for me as well.

Worth me pointing out that I have no issues with the GTN Xi.  The issues I am seeing are with the Garmin GFC605 autopilot that comes with that version; and specifically mode selection.

On the ground, shortly before take off, are you guys able to hit the Flight Director button on the AP and then select for example HDG and VS?   For me, it's not possible to preselect any AP modes on the FD.    All I can do is take off, engage AP (which goes into basic ROLL  PIT  mode), and then select AP modes.  This is not the correct behaviour for the real GFC605.

Edited by JYW

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ark said:

I think this Defender issue with the Flysimware C414 and Learjet35 installers has been fixed. According to info on the Flysimware Discord, there was a bug in the installer code itself that was triggering Defender. I expect new installers to be out sometime later today.

Al

It's not, i got the same issue this morning, i had contacted them before as this had occurred about 5 updates ago, and they accepted there was an issue. I also get the same with the SWS PC12. all other addons install without issue.

Edited by Car147

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Car147 said:

It's not, i got the same issue this morning, i had contacted them before as this had occurred about 5 updates ago, and they accepted there was an issue. I also get the same with the SWS PC12. all other addons install without issue.

As I said above, the new installers for the C414 and Lear35 won't be out until later today. My guess is sometime after 6PM PST.

Al

Edited by ark

are they hosting the download behind a 56k modem?

download speed is appalling

2 minutes ago, EGLD said:

are they hosting the download behind a 56k modem?

download speed is appalling

If you are talking about downloads from the Flysimware store, they use a dedicated, high speed server. Some users do experience slow downloads, but the issue is typically some internet node between you and the server. I am in the US and my downloads take less then 5 minutes, often less.

Some, but not all, users in Europe have slow downloads. I know Flysimware is looking into some alternatives to try and fix that.

Al

80k per second max on gb fibre, it is making me feel nostalgic

doesn't every company of repute just host everything with a 3rd party who have almost infinite bandwidth? i.e. AWS, Azure

• Like 2

It’s been a pain point for years. I guess the thinking goes that the customer’s already paid by that point, so why bother spending time on the hosting. 

I absolutely love their planes - was flying the 414 again today - but their website (websites? They’ve got several different versions running on the same host) are a bit of a train wreck.

• Like 1

I updated my 414 and now i cannot make my GTN750 (free version} work. I downloaded the last version, and now can only open the version that the toolbar locates at the screen, cannot turn it on at the panel integrated place, as i always did before.

7 hours ago, solito said:

I updated my 414 and now i cannot make my GTN750 (free version} work. I downloaded the last version, and now can only open the version that the toolbar locates at the screen, cannot turn it on at the panel integrated place, as i always did before.

If you have the latest version of the PMS50, then the next things to try are:

1. A default FSW livery if you are using an addon livery.

2. Another thing to try is to rename your Community folder to back it up, then create a new Community folder and only put the Lear35 and the PMS50 into the new Community folder, restart the sim and see how things work.

Al

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, ark said:

As I said above, the new installers for the C414 and Lear35 won't be out until later today. My guess is sometime after 6PM PST.

Al

Update: Flysimware is still trying to track down the source of installer false positives by Defender, and has been in contact with MS over this issue.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

The    - Surface De-Ice -    toggle switch just keeps resetting either way it's moved....  on the 414 switch panel...

I have also had the issue twice now with the engines inexplicably losing power....  the - EGT - starts dropping and goes to minimum on the scale and the plane gradually descends to the ground with not having enough power...  have tried all de-ice switches on (except as per above comment) ..  there was no visible evidence of ice.

Edited by aerostar

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

2 hours ago, aerostar said:

The    - Surface De-Ice -    toggle switch just keeps resetting either way it's moved....  on the 414 switch panel...

I have also had the issue twice now with the engines inexplicably losing power....  the - EGT - starts dropping and goes to minimum on the scale and the plane gradually descends to the ground with not having enough power...  have tried all de-ice switches on (except as per above comment) ..  there was no visible evidence of ice.

No power problems on a full flight this morning.

Had icing conditions (screenshot).

spacer.png

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW