Sign in to follow this  
btacon

FSW C414 Chancellor Major Update 03/05/2024

2 hours ago, aerostar said:

The    - Surface De-Ice -    toggle switch just keeps resetting either way it's moved....  on the 414 switch panel...

The switch is supposed to pop back - it's a momentary switch.  One press initiates a cycle of de-ice treatment.  It's to prevent it being left on.

• Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

20 hours ago, JYW said:

Yes, definitely version 4.4.4

Worth me pointing out that I have no issues with the GTN Xi.  The issues I am seeing are with the Garmin GFC605 autopilot that comes with that version; and specifically mode selection.

On the ground, shortly before take off, are you guys able to hit the Flight Director button on the AP and then select for example HDG and VS?   For me, it's not possible to preselect any AP modes on the FD.    All I can do is take off, engage AP (which goes into basic ROLL  PIT  mode), and then select AP modes.  This is not the correct behaviour for the real GFC605.

I'm seeing the same thing with regards to the GFC605.

Also not right IMO is a scenario like this:

Hand fly the AC to, say, 5000 ft. with AP off and FD on. 

Preset a higher ALT and VS of, say, 7000 ft. and 700 FPM and hit the VS button.

Engage the AP. The AP turns on but the presets disappear.

I don't have RW experience with the GFC600 Garmin series AP but this does not seem right to me either.

• Like 1

Lloyd Noel (Ontario, Canada)

Intel i9 10900KF@5.2GHz / NZXT Kraken X73 AIO / MSI MPG Z590 Gaming+ / 32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance LPX / Gigabyte RTX4080 Super Gaming OC / Corsair RM1000e 1KW PS / 1TB WD Black M.2 (Win 11 Pro) / 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 .(MSFS2020) / 512GB Sabrent Rocket M.2 (XP12) / 1TB TimeTec SATA (Misc. & FS Support)

9 hours ago, ark said:

If you have the latest version of the PMS50, then the next things to try are:

1. A default FSW livery if you are using an addon livery.

2. Another thing to try is to rename your Community folder to back it up, then create a new Community folder and only put the Lear35 and the PMS50 into the new Community folder, restart the sim and see how things work.

Al

Thanks

Fixed, I was using one of the new liveries with GTN750XI, so I stayed with the PMS50 GTN750 liveries, and it works OK.

And by the way, where can I obtain the GTN750XI or make it work ?

9 hours ago, ark said:

If you have the latest version of the PMS50, then the next things to try are:

1. A default FSW livery if you are using an addon livery.

2. Another thing to try is to rename your Community folder to back it up, then create a new Community folder and only put the Lear35 and the PMS50 into the new Community folder, restart the sim and see how things work.

Al

Thanks

Fixed, I was using one of the new liveries with GTN750XI, so I stayed with the PMS50 GTN750 liveries, and it works OK.

43 minutes ago, solito said:

The TDS GTNXi 750 Pro is available from https://tdssim.com/tdsgtnxi .

Al

3 hours ago, Noell said:

I don't have RW experience with the GFC600 Garmin series AP but this does not seem right to me either.

Yes, I'm seeing this too.  Good to know it's not just me.

In general, there's just lots of instability with FD/AP modes and annunciations with the GFC605 autopilot on the GTN Xi version.

Bill

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Noell said:

I just tried this again with the TDS GTN750Xi ver of the C414 and all works as expected. If there was an intrinsic problem with the GFC600 AP there would be a ton of similar posts on the FSW Discord which is very active, and this is just not the case. So to figure out what is going on, I suggest to try the below:

1. Check that you only have one copy of the C414 in your Community folder. Some have found that they have ended up with more than one copy somehow.

2. Make sure you have the latest version of the C414 (currently 4.4.4) and whichever GPS unit you are using.

3. Test with a default FSW livery. Addon liveries can cause problems if not updated to work with the latest C414 version.

4. Check for any controller binding conflicts. Also try just using the mouse to control things to see if that makes a difference.

5. If you are still having a problem, rename your Community folder to back it up, then create a new Community folder and only put the C414 and your GPS (if  a GTN750) into the new Community folder, restart the sim and see how things work.

Al

Edited by ark

A huge thanks to SteveDra for use of his base whites so I could heavily clean and polish this new livery from FSW. 

https://flightsim.to/file/70895/n110ve-clean-and-polished

53580348324_73184f5e81_o.jpgUntitled-1 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

53579162092_5570c1eca1_o.jpgUntitled-6 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

53580244083_8da6cec4da_o.jpgUntitled-8 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

• Like 12

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

21 hours ago, ark said:

I just tried this again with the TDS GTN750Xi ver of the C414 and all works as expected. If there was an intrinsic problem with the GFC600 AP there would be a ton of similar posts on the FSW Discord which is very active, and this is just not the case. So to figure out what is going on, I suggest to try the below:

1. Check that you only have one copy of the C414 in your Community folder. Some have found that they have ended up with more than one copy somehow.

2. Make sure you have the latest version of the C414 (currently 4.4.4) and whichever GPS unit you are using.

3. Test with a default FSW livery. Addon liveries can cause problems if not updated to work with the latest C414 version.

4. Check for any controller binding conflicts. Also try just using the mouse to control things to see if that makes a difference.

5. If you are still having a problem, rename your Community folder to back it up, then create a new Community folder and only put the C414 and your GPS (if  a GTN750) into the new Community folder, restart the sim and see how things work.

Al

Thanks for your reply.

I did check the points you mentioned and followed your suggestions. I also did a reinstall of the C414 but no change in the situation.

To be clear, I have no problems whatsoever with the TDS GTN750.

My only problem (also mentioned by poster JYW) is that it is not possible to preselect any AP modes on the FD in the Garmin GFC605.

• Like 1

Intel i9 10900KF@5.2GHz / NZXT Kraken X73 AIO / MSI MPG Z590 Gaming+ / 32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance LPX / Gigabyte RTX4080 Super Gaming OC / Corsair RM1000e 1KW PS / 1TB WD Black M.2 (Win 11 Pro) / 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 .(MSFS2020) / 512GB Sabrent Rocket M.2 (XP12) / 1TB TimeTec SATA (Misc. & FS Support)

4 hours ago, Tim-HH said:

That looks incredible, Ryan!

Thanks Tim.  I learned from the best.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Noell said:

My only problem (also mentioned by poster JYW) is that it is not possible to preselect any AP modes on the FD in the Garmin GFC605.

I've just performed a new installation and ensured that all of @ark's suggestions were followed.

Still cannot preselect modes on the flight director.   Pressing the mode buttons on the GFC605 just don't do anything, until the AP is engaged.   It's always been like this for me.  Right back to the very first release of the C414.       FD mode preselection is possible with the Navomatic AP version - which works exactly as per the real unit.

@ark - Do you fancy creating a 20 second video of you in the cockpit of the 414, with the a/c powered up, GFC605 flight director on, and pre-selecting modes?   Understand if you don't have time.   I've never seen any video on YouTube where FD modes are preselected in this plane / AP.

Edited by JYW

Bill

I am new to FSW C414 v444 (PMS50) so just initial autopilot checks for a forum reply.

Quick video.

https://youtu.be/M4kCOBwKkhU

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I just watched a Garmin training video on the GFC600.

It shows presetting your targets with FD on and then, after takeoff, enabling the autopilot.

This is shown at about the 37 minute mark in the video:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/10/2024 at 9:30 AM, Noell said:

Did you see my short video?

https://youtu.be/M4kCOBwKkhU

Edited by vonmar

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW