Sign in to follow this  
BlueStar

AI Aircraft in X-Plane 12

Where do I find AI aircraft for X-plane 12?  I am specifically looking for a DC-3 and other classic aircraft that I can use with Vatsim.

Being new to X-plane I am not sure how to proceed. 

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

There are no specific AI planes except that what comes with XPLANE default.. And AI are blocked when flying on line. Some developers include AI models of there planes in the file for that purpose.

2 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

There are no specific AI planes except that what comes with XPLANE default.. And AI are blocked when flying on line. Some developers include AI models of there planes in the file for that purpose.

When flying on Vatsim this week there was a DC-3 parked beside me, but it was showing as a default aircraft.  With P3d I would know how to fix this problem.  With Xplane I don't know where to get the model to show a DC-3 on Vatsim.

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

@BlueStar, 

I would like to understand your problem & query better.

What exactly do you mean by AI DC-3 that can pair with VATSIM?  Like when someone in VATSIM is operating a DC-3 in the same place and time you're at you can see it as a DC-3 and eventually even have other AI traffic around with DC-3s

I thought that when using VATSIM it wasn't possible to have AI aircraft injected at the same time? I even thought that the option that comes with X-Plane to draw parked aircraft would have to be blocked when using VATSIM-injected traffic because those parked models could interfere with the VATSIM traffic?

Some good years ago, I'd say around 18 years ago, there was a program that allowed to adapt time, traffic and scenery to a date in the old 30s / 40s or any period, this for fs9 or fsx, I don't exactly recall which version. 

Having the possibility of a "Time Machine" in a general purpose flight simulator would be great.

Imagine the possibility of setting a date somewhere around 1940,or in the early 70s , etc, and load the simulator with airports, and scenery as well as aircraft matching as close to reality as possible that Era ? Navaids too... Wow ! That would be just GREAT !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

If you wish to add AI traffic there are several options. Check out World Traffic or Traffic Global. These are payware products on https://store.x-plane.org/ 

There are some methods of downloading AI aircraft from x-plane.org as well. 

• Like 1

Keith Guillory

On 3/12/2024 at 6:01 PM, Bjoern said:

The X-CSL models are what you need.

Correct and you can use xcsl with vatsim and real traffic 

14ppkc-6.png