TangoSierraMike

Pilot 2 ATC vs. Beyond ATC vs. Say Intentions...

I took the plunge at bought a subscription for Saiintensions.ai after having tried it for 24 Hours.

In a former post in this thread I said I found it too expensive, still find it expensive, but it seems the developer hasn´t much of a choice.

The reason I bought it is that it really is the best ATC experience I got so far.

Voices ar natural and communication with the controllers works absolutely fine, even when the "raw" detected speech from me is a bit garbled.

Though the speech from me is garbled, the App seems to be quite good guessing what my intentions / request are.

The problem I had with P2ATC is that proper speech recogition is mandatory for it to work. I often have to repeat myself too many times to feel immersed.

The only issues I have seen so far, is getting wrong taxiways for taxiing from / to the runway. and sometimes it doesn´t get the destination name right when f.ex asking for vectors to a certain Airport (F.ex. Salzburg might become Sullesberg etc., probably because of my dialect or bad English pronouncements). But You can always use ICAO codes i.e LOWS (Lima Oscar, Whiskey, Sierra).

• Like 1

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

3 minutes ago, Wothan said:

I took the plunge at bought a subscription for Saiintensions.ai after having tried it for 24 Hours.

In a former post in this thread I said I found it too expensive, still find it expensive, but it seems the developer hasn´t much of a choice.

The reason I bought it is that it really is the best ATC experience I got so far.

Voices ar natural and communication with the controllers works absolutely fine, even when the "raw" detected speech from me is a bit garbled.

Though the speech from me is garbled, the App seems to be quite good guessing what my intentions / request are.

The problem I had with P2ATC is that proper speech recogition is mandatory for it to work. I often have to repeat myself too many times to feel immersed.

The only issues I have seen so far, is getting wrong taxiways for taxiing from / to the runway. and sometimes it doesn´t get the destination name right when f.ex asking for vectors to a certain Airport (F.ex. Salzburg might become Sullesberg etc., probably because of my dialect or bad English pronouncements). But You can always use ICAO codes i.e LOWS (Lima Oscar, Whiskey, Sierra).

I  think, from what I have heard so far, that for VFR, it is probably OK. I think for IFR, it will be a long time before it is useful. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

34 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I  think, from what I have heard so far, that for VFR, it is probably OK. I think for IFR, it will be a long time before it is useful. 

"From what I have heard". Wow.

From what I just did:

Filed a flightplan EDDM to LSZH over simbrief. Fired up the Fenix B2 IAE and called clearance. Went to LSZH with complete flight following including handoffs, step climbs, descents and (ok - wrong) taxi instructions.

So "What you have heard" is probably far from reality. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, techman said:

"From what I have heard". Wow.

From what I just did:

Filed a flightplan EDDM to LSZH over simbrief. Fired up the Fenix B2 IAE and called clearance. Went to LSZH with complete flight following including handoffs, step climbs, descents and (ok - wrong) taxi instructions.

So "What you have heard" is probably far from reality. 

Wow , so your experience is the new reality.😏

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Spreading misinformation is also reality, Mr. Trump.

1 hour ago, Wothan said:

I have been using P2ATC for 8 years, never once have I used voice recognition - the program works beautifully and is not mandatory in the least.  I felt I needed to correct this for the other readers on this thread.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

2 hours ago, Mike S KPDX said:

I have been using P2ATC for 8 years, never once have I used voice recognition - the program works beautifully and is not mandatory in the least.  I felt I needed to correct this for the other readers on this thread.

Its not mandatory but from my recently trial of the program, it does need a microphone to be installed to complete the setup properly. I connected an old moble phone headset then disconnected it and never had need for it again.

My experience with IFR has also  been positive. Work in progress but already almost as good as most others variations  out there.

Lots of negative people out there.

2 weeks left before my coins run out.

I may try P2Pilot but pretty sure I will stick with FSHud for now

Ron

MSFS -Just flight Piper arrow 28-  A2A Comanche250 - COWS DA42 - Cessna 310 -Cessna 414
Black Square Baron - FSR500 - SimWorks PC12 - Black Square TBM 850
146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-600

On 3/15/2024 at 7:09 PM, Kaboki said:

Dunno, we basicly still have the same default ATC from FSX days in 2020, so I dont expect miracles in 2024:p. 

Nah..... ATC in FSX was far better than in MSFS! 😄

Seriously, in FSX you could generally get decent vectors for an ILS.   Climb instructions were robotic (waits until you're 200' from your assigned before giving you further) but would generally get you up there, and wouldn't tell you to "climb to flight level 310" when you're 8 miles from the field....

Heck, ATC in FS2004 was even better than in MSFS.   It's the worst ATC iteration we've had in any MS flight sim. They seem to have just given up on it.... at least for the time being.

• Like 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

6 hours ago, Mike S KPDX said:

Yeah - Your right Speech recognition is not mandatory with P2ATC.

I think Asobo has given up on proper ATC because so many 3rd party apps are in the works - so why should they bother doing something that probably won´t be as good as these.

With Sayintentios.ai You don´t need to say exact phrases. It simply feels very natural to speech to the controllers f.ex asking for You destination Tower frequency, Active runway, vectors to Your destination and so forthe.

You don´t need a list with the exact phrases, just ask naturally and the will give a proper answer - it´s almost scary 😲.

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

8 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

SayIntentions admin here.. just wanted to clarify a few things for anyone interested...

- We have full world-wide support (U.S., Europe, etc.) and 88,000+ airports
- You can speak to ATC in 9 languages. More coming.
- We have over 200 voices.
- We are completely AI. All server-side.
- Traffic injection and sequencing is in the works.
- We release new functionality pretty much daily.
- There are no menus or "canned scenarios". You speak to it naturally.
- We have multi-player support.
- You can pause, fast-forward, etc.
- Price will drop as the cost of AI services, like GPT-4, continues to fall. Those savings will be passed along.

- And yes.. IFR is mostly done, and we have tons of people using it already.

Nobody else does or is even attempting to do what we do.

And the best part is that this isn't hype or future promises. We are available NOW, which means you don't have to take our word for any of this. You can try it yourself, today, for free.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

22 hours ago, mmcmah said:

Where have you heard this? I've asked Dave about that before and never gotten anything that would lead me to believe it's in his plans.

I'm still a happy user of P2ATC, but that would be amazing!

its just a guess since it notices the traffic around you in the first place so theres a lot already going on

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

On 3/14/2024 at 2:24 AM, robert young said:

I still haven't seen in all these many years a single ATC program that demonstrates developers understand and can implement natural sounding voices.

I think PF3 did come close natural sounding voices.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

32 minutes ago, ZKOKQ said:

I think PF3 did come close natural sounding voices.

Out of the 110 voices PF3 has, I have disabled about 8, the  rest are pretty good. 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

What would really be great is if vatsim gets into an arrangement with SayIntentions ai and integrate their systems so all unmanned airspaces on vatsim are covered by SayIntensions ai while remaining on the vatsim network.  So vatsim controllers will always pass you to the next station even if its unmanned and that's where SayIntentions ai picks you up, and visa versa when entering from unmanned to manned vatsim controlled airspace. 

Imagine getting the best of two worlds, the great vatsim manned airspaces (Boston, Gatwick, Schiphol...etc.) and SayIntentions ai everywhere else vatsim controllers are not online, you never have to unnecessarily switch to unicom anymore.

I hope this happens this year or the next, one can only hope!

Edited by CaptainMoose
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1