Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:

Your default MSFS TLOD must have been set to something crazy low, as that is what non-expert mode uses for its settings. Exit the app completely, change your TLOD, OLOD and cloud quality to something you would normally use, save settings, then restart the app.

Frame gen shimmering has nothing to do with this app other than if you set your target FPS too low. With frame gen, set your target FPS to near what your FG FPS is.

I did this, reset the MSFS TLOD to 100, OLOD to 150 and Clouds to Ultra ( I did not set TLOD manually on 10, was by the app)

I removed completely the app, installed it again, it connects to the session and then a few seconds after gives me the MFS Compatibilit test failed - app disabled. See readme to resolve. (MSFS version is 1.36.2.0) Will try to reset the settings. (the app is set to Run as Administrator)

Edited by Vali

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

14 minutes ago, Vali said:

I did this, reset the MSFS TLOD to 100, OLOD to 150 and Clouds to Ultra ( I did not set TLOD manually on 10, was by the app)

I removed completely the app, installed it again, it connects to the session and then a few seconds after gives me the MFS Compatibilit test failed - app disabled. See readme to resolve. (MSFS version is 1.36.2.0) Will try to reset the settings. (the app is set to Run as Administrator)

Can you message me the contents of your log file.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

2 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:

Can you message me the contents of your log file.

Will do. I put now a previous test version and the message is again with compatibility test failed - and Read Only mode | TLOD+ 100 Priority. But MSFS SimConnect Session on a test version are on green.

I will update again to latest and send you the log, thanks!

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Vali said:

Will do. I put now a previous test version and the message is again with compatibility test failed - and Read Only mode | TLOD+ 100 Priority. But MSFS SimConnect Session on a test version are on green.

The older versions didn't fully disable the app on compatibility test fails but the new one does, so that's why you are seeing this difference. It is strange it was working before but now no longer is. I suspect your AV or anti-malware program is blocking it since the new version so check those and set an exception for this app.

Edited by Reset XPDR

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Vali said:

For anyone wondering the outcome of this issue, it was caused by the MSFS VR TLOD & OLOD both being set to 1 in the MSFS settings, which fails the memory boundary test because 10 is the lowest you can go in the MSFS settings menu. Increasing them both back to normal values within bounds resolved it. At least I know the memory boundary test works as it should.

Edited by Reset XPDR
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Vali said:

edit

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

You have really unlocked a lot of potential! Thanks a lot and also thank you to the original author of Dynamic LOD 🙂

• Like 5

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Posted (edited)

I hereby humbly present... drumroll... the inaugural AutoFPS 0.4.2 release build flight from NZQN Queenstown via the spectacular ANPOV 4A departure requiring the aircraft to circle twice over the airport in order to clear the mountains. 

As always I'm pretty thrilled with the capabilities of this app (if I haven't said so already!).

Notice blurry mountains in the background on initial climbout (necessarily low TLOD during critical stages of flight when high performance (FPS) is more important than detailed ground textures - at least when flying airliners - can't have your cake etc):

JqmNjDK.jpeg

And in comparison the glorious views of the Southern Alps (TLOD 600 at cruise FL340):

MiMUKbE.jpeg

Buttersmooth constant 80 FPS with nearly zero frame time variance 😄 Blue skies and happy landings everyone!

Note: I've got some issues w/ tearing-like artifacts whilst panning in video captures - I suspect these are induced by the video capture itself (4K HDR 120FPS 150Mbps)

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 11

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

3 hours ago, flyblueskies said:

Just in case I want to go back...

UU4BxDr.jpeg

I've kept a few of the previous builds in case I want to go back. But having just tested the release version, I see no reason to do so. Every iteration of Reset's builds have brought new features, bug fixes, or both. 

• Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

24 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

UU4BxDr.jpeg

I've kept a few of the previous builds in case I want to go back. But having just tested the release version, I see no reason to do so. Every iteration of Reset's builds have brought new features, bug fixes, or both. 

Look at Leo's face filling up your download folder with cute doggy pleasure. 👍👍

• Like 5

Just now, Reset XPDR said:

Look at Leo's face filling up your download folder with cute doggy pleasure. 👍👍

You know, I've always been more of a cat person. But since collaborating on AutoFPS and the introduction of Leo - I think I'm starting to reconsider 😄 

• Like 3

Reset,

I hope you win an award for this great product.  It has improved my MSFS 2020 experience tremendously.  My VR sessions are no longer hit and miss.  My non VR sessions are smooth as ice. If you come to Flight Sim Expo and wear a name tag,  you will get a lot of attention.  Thanks!

Ed

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Seems like the winds are changing, ever so slightly over at Microsobo re: the usefulness of dynamic LOD implementation - perhaps after Seb's comments in the developer live stream this week. I'd like to think that this is at least partially due to Reset's work and the attention AutoFPS has received recently.

For all dynamic LOD enthusiasts out there - head over to this topic and vote https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/expose-tlod-olod-clouds-etc-via-simconnect-l-vars/634075?u=cptpiett8113

xHwSjtp.jpg

@turbomax

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Reset,

I am away for a few days and haven't had time to run the newly released software, but congratulations on this milestone!

Your contributions to the community and what you've accomplished with this application have made many many people happy.

One request - I took a very quick flight last night before having to leave to get on a red-eye, so I figured I'd fly at night. I realized that the TLOD and OLOD settings should be quite different at night, unless high values also mean better drawing at night. Regardless, it presents the potential need for at least two sets of parameters. Would it be feasible to add an option to select a preset of our design/choosing if we simply don't want to run the system full bore on a night flight? Or urban/isolated kind of configurations?

• Like 2