Sign in to follow this  
uwespeed

LR is growing further ...

Posted (edited)

Do you remember all the: "Last nail in the coffin for X-Plane"? 🤣

Edited by Murmur
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Another recruit from a third party project. Nice, looks like Laminar is putting the XP12 revenue to good use.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Murmur said:

No, but I do remember 3rd. party programmers becoming scarce! Now when that area begins to grow, oh yeah! We'll see, it's early.

Edited by Mike_CFII_MEL
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

4 hours ago, Murmur said:

Who can forget. Every time something new appears for that other sim, they all run to the hardware store for nails thinking they are going to need them coffin they never find 😆

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Murmur said:

No. Never ... Was there EVER ANYONE writing such things?

Oohh ... yes ... now I remember, there were "certain people"TM doing so. They possibly even made an "Austin puppet" and tried some weird voodoo stuff with it 🤣. But how can that be? The harder they tried, the more X-Plane refused to die and even grew bigger. Maybe they should try the other way round and wish X-Plane all the best 😁.

• Upvote 1

Watch my YT-channel: https://www.youtube.com/@flyingcarpet1340/

Customer of X-Plane, Aerofly, Flightgear, MSFS.

God, can you people have one thread where you talk about the actual hire, their product and what they bring instead of this miserably exhausting circlejerk of what someone said years ago that triggered you in regards to X-Plane, and now you have to recycle that emotional trauma in every thread.

• Like 11
  • Upvote 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Here's an attempt to steer this thread back on topic, will Marco Auer be mostly in charge of the soon to be released XP store?

• Upvote 1

Assume this means XP will one day will have Midi Controller support?

2 hours ago, Sethos said:

God, can you people have one thread where you talk about the actual hire, their product and what they bring instead of this miserably exhausting circlejerk of what someone said years ago that triggered you in regards to X-Plane, and now you have to recycle that emotional trauma in every thread.

No. They talked BS and they deserve to be mocked.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

59 minutes ago, Murmur said:

People shouldn't be mocked for having an opportunity to learn from their mistakes.

They should put the time and consideration into understanding what the flaws were in their reasoning. 

AutoATC Developer

Pardon my ignorance, but what a release manager exactly does? Is it like a quality software control before is released? In the simulator context of course.

Alexander Colka

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, alexcolka said:

Pardon my ignorance, but what a release manager exactly does? Is it like a quality software control before is released? In the simulator context of course.

Devising a release schedule, seeing to it that it is adhered to and keeping the programmers in line to prevent them from running off to pursue some shiny new feature.

Kind of like a kindergardener for software developers.

Edited by Bjoern
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

2 hours ago, Murmur said:

Possibly the most childish thing I've read on Avsim. It's just a flight simulator.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD