Sign in to follow this  
uwespeed

LR is growing further ...

5 hours ago, alexcolka said:

what a release manager exactly does

When they first discussed this in their Q&A they very clearly mentioned git work. I imagine he'll be managing their git commits: merging everyone's various programming styles into the final product. 

• Like 3

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, threexgreen said:

Possibly the most childish thing I've read on Avsim. It's just a flight simulator.

Don't care, it's funny to do, more so that it seems to irk a lot of people. 😆

Edited by Murmur
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

5 hours ago, blingthinger said:

When they first discussed this in their Q&A they very clearly mentioned git work. I imagine he'll be managing their git commits: merging everyone's various programming styles into the final product. 

Maybe he can fix the full screen switching issue as no one else can 

Or make the 330 fly in a straight line 

14ppkc-6.png

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Murmur said:

Don't care, it's funny to do, more so that it seems to irk a lot of people. 😆

It might make you feel better if you tag the person / people who actually said it. 
Do you know (someone) who actually said it? If not, Goran has said on many occasions that he keeps a library of screenshots of posts badmouthing XPlane, so please ask him to help👍🏻😊

Edited by scotchegg
  • Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

10 hours ago, threexgreen said:

Possibly the most childish thing I've read on Avsim. It's just a flight simulator.

You must have been living in some kind of strange bubble then! The circle jerk of 'this better than that', occurs daily here and everywhere else in life.  I guess your NPC vaxx wore off...

• Upvote 3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

I know its hard, but can we please stay on topic. If you want a blasting forum, make another one.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, scotchegg said:

It might make you feel better if you tag the person / people who actually said it. 
Do you know (someone) who actually said it? If not, Goran has said on many occasions that he keeps a library of screenshots of posts badmouthing XPlane, so please ask him to help👍🏻😊

First, apologies to those who want to keep this thread about the topic.  But I've been called out, so I feel I need to respond.  

I'm more than happy to provide many links to threads, with the accompanying posts, along with screenshots.  No problem at all.

Here's a section of things I've gathered in Apple notes, with 1 link and post left untouched, just to give an example of things that have been said.  Rest assured, the link is not made up, and I have several years worth of links and quotes.  That section I posted represents about 10% of the total list of links and comments.  

Or maybe you would prefer a screenshot.  Here's one that was addressing me (Note the commercial member reference).

Maybe a post that assumes I'm bored with X-Plane, so I feel compelled to post in the MSFS forums.

Maybe more "death to X-Plane" posts.  From 2 of the regulars.  Those posts were made on the 23rd of November, 2021.  

I could go on, but I'm sure I don't have to.  My point has been made.

I have folders of screenshots of the forum posts in dropbox.  Folders on my local drive.  The problem is, mods may not take too kindly to me posting these things, especially since many of them have been deleted by the mods from these forums.  Most are still up, though.  Are you still sure you want to ride this train?

OR...we can try to move forward, perhaps show some humility, and maybe reflect on things we've said in the past, for example, about other people's children who have no business being mentioned in a flight sim forum under any circumstance or context, and ensure none of that happens again, as it shows extremely childish behavior.  It's a flight sim.  It's pixels on a screen.  If people are not interested in X-Plane, no one is stopping them from enjoying their own choices.  Have you noticed that there has been no drama in the MSFS forums lately?  Do you think that maybe that has something to do with the MSFS forums hosting MSFS only discussions, instead of the usual X-Plane bashing?  

Please, don't feel pressured to respond.  My point has been made and proven.  If you want to continue, my DM's are at your disposal.  Other than that, let's keep the thread about the topic.

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

19 hours ago, alexcolka said:

Pardon my ignorance, but what a release manager exactly does? Is it like a quality software control before is released? In the simulator context of course.

• They plan releases, usually in a spreadsheet or similar
  • They prepare for and monitor actual releases
  • They send notifications before and after releases
  • They report the status and progress of releases
  • They update the community, unless there is a community manager
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

Maybe he can fix the full screen switching issue as no one else can 

Or make the 330 fly in a straight line 

What are these about? I have never noticed issues with full screen. Nor spend enough time in the 330 to notice anything derpy. Did they get XPD numbers?

For real though, he's on track to become one of the more powerful superheros in the company. He'll eventually have his grubby mitts in every single aspect of the code. He'll eventually become one with the git repo.

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

9 hours ago, scotchegg said:

Goran has said on many occasions that he keeps a library of screenshots of posts badmouthing XPlane, so please ask him to help

5 hours ago, GoranM said:

First, apologies to those who want to keep this thread about the topic.  But I've been called out, so I feel I need to respond.

LOL, It's actually happening 🤣🤣

On topic. Good for X-Plane they continue to expand. Looking forward to future progress.

• Like 1

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, GoranM said:

I'm more than happy to provide many links to threads, with the accompanying posts, along with screenshots.  No problem at all.

Here's a section of things I've gathered in Apple notes, with 1 link and post left untouched, just to give an example of things that have been said.  Rest assured, the link is not made up, and I have several years worth of links and quotes.  That section I posted represents about 10% of the total list of links and comments.  

Or maybe you would prefer a screenshot.  Here's one that was addressing me (Note the commercial member reference).

Maybe a post that assumes I'm bored with X-Plane, so I feel compelled to post in the MSFS forums.

Maybe more "death to X-Plane" posts.  From 2 of the regulars.  Those posts were made on the 23rd of November, 2021.  

I could go on, but I'm sure I don't have to.  My point has been made.

I have folders of screenshots of the forum posts in dropbox.  Folders on my local drive.  The problem is, mods may not take too kindly to me posting these things, especially since many of them have been deleted by the mods from these forums.  Most are still up, though.  Are you still sure you want to ride this train?

OR...we can try to move forward, perhaps show some humility, and maybe reflect on things we've said in the past, for example, about other people's children who have no business being mentioned in a flight sim forum under any circumstance or context, and ensure none of that happens again, as it shows extremely childish behavior.  It's a flight sim.  It's pixels on a screen.  If people are not interested in X-Plane, no one is stopping them from enjoying their own choices.  Have you noticed that there has been no drama in the MSFS forums lately?  Do you think that maybe that has something to do with the MSFS forums hosting MSFS only discussions, instead of the usual X-Plane bashing?  

Please, don't feel pressured to respond.  My point has been made and proven.  If you want to continue, my DM's are at your disposal.  Other than that, let's keep the thread about the topic.

I looked at your stuff, your first link is 404 error and the only person that I read that said XP is dying is one conversation between two people. Most of what you see are talking about 3rd party programmers leaving. The link about you has nothing to do with XP dying.

Edited by Mike_CFII_MEL

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Posted (edited)
On 3/18/2024 at 3:38 PM, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

No, but I do remember 3rd. party programmers becoming scarce! Now when that area begins to grow, oh yeah! We'll see, it's early.

Are you mistakenly thinking of Prepar3D...?

Because the XP scene seems pretty much the same to me in terms of devs. 

Part of the reason there aren't a slew of new releases on XP all the time is simply because we already have a TON of addons:

2 - 3 747s. Only the default 747 in ToS (though it's recently become decent).

Pretty much the entire Boeing fleet, whereas the 727, 732, 757, 767, 777 are still MIA in ToS.

Most of the Airbuses (including the Beluga!). But only a slew of A32x's in ToS.

A "study level" Q400, in contrast to the $20 ATR over there

The Challenger 650 - nothing even close in ToS

And don't forget the dozens of high fidelity GA, helicopters (STILL flying way better than ToS), etc.

I mean, I could go on and on and on and on...and on...

It's rather a "Grass is greener..." viewpoint to think that devs have become "scarce" in XP.

Edited by UrgentSiesta
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, UrgentSiesta said:

Are you mistakenly thinking of Prepar3D...?

Because the XP scene seems pretty much the same to me in terms of devs. 

Part of the reason there aren't a slew of new releases on XP all the time is simply because we already have a TON of addons:

eta: my only concern with XP devs vs MSFS devs is, frankly, the XP "premium" prices. No matter the product, consumers are extremely price sensitive, and the generally higher prices of addons in XP vs MSFS has gotta be limiting crossover sales...

P3D, no just look at the stores that offer XP products, they haven't been updated with any wow addons for some time, granted that's just my opinion. Is it in part due to MS2020, you bet it is.... Is it also of Laminar's doing, I think so... One just has to look at their Gateway and see all the amazing addons that have been added for FREE that gets installed with the base program.

So if the market is flooded with a ton of addons already as you say, then the 3rd. party programmers won't be back if you are correct.

MS2020 is made up of a ton of kids, that's where most of the ill comments come from on that end of the wing, what's the excuse here? Anyway, they don't have the disposable cash as kids / young adults, so I don't see many crossing over not if they believe addons are needed to get the sim looking good. Maybe in the long run with all the free addons included in XP via the gateway it may lure some.

Edited by Mike_CFII_MEL

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Some actually keep record and note down bad things other people said about their favorite flight simulator at some point? No offense but just how far do people go with these sim wars?

/off topic

• Like 6

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD