Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Just Flight 146 v2 update to be released next week

From the post by Martyn from JustFlight on Reddit: 

Here is the change log for the 146 v2 update that we're planning to release next week. As you can see, this is a significant (free) upgrade for the 146 and we'll be posting a couple of preview videos ahead of release to give you an overview of what's included and to help you get started with the UNS-1 FMS.

New custom-coded UNS-1 FMS:

• Unique interface based on the real world UNS-1 FMS
  • Manoeuvres including Holding Patterns (HLD), Direct To (DTO) and Command Heading function (CMD HDG)
  • Top of descent calculations based on target vertical speed included via the PATH VNAV page
  • Navigation monitoring including wind information, XTK error and groundspeed.
  • Real time performance information including current range, endurance, ETP/PNR
  • Support for SIDs, STARs and Approach procedures
  • Ability to save and import custom flight plans
  • Custom database updatable via a Navigraph subscription
  • Swappable units (KG/Lbs)
  • Comprehensive UNS-1 FMS Operations Manual including a tutorial flight

New highly-detailed passenger cabin and galleys:

• Crew lighting controls for the cabin and galleys, including separate cabin overhead and sidewall lighting controls, and galley worktop lighting
  • Cabin door, no smoking/seat belt sign and call light annunciators
  • Crew call panels with controls for cabin, inter-crew and emergency calls
  • If enabled via the EFB tablet, random passenger, toilet and crew calls will occur during the flight, with associated chimes and annunciator lights, which the crew automatically cancel. The crew will also dim the cabin lights at night.
  • Interactive passenger/service door and stair controls from within the cabin
  • Accurately simulated ground service electrical supply
  • Even the galley coffee maker functions, and the potable water is used over time
  • Sound set updated to add numerous cabin sounds
  • Volume of cabin sounds various depending on cockpit door position

New cabin music player:

• Seven music tracks, with the ability to use your own music
  • Volume control and mute
  • Play/stop, shuffle and repeat modes
  • If enabled via the EFB tablet, the cabin crew will automatically control the music player, such as turning on the music for boarding
  • Volume of music varies depending on cockpit door position

New passenger and cargo boarding system:

• Controlled via the EFB tablet, allows you to realistically simulate the passenger and cargo boarding and deboarding process
  • Multiple boarding speeds can be selected, from instant to realistic
  • Progress and time remaining is shown, along with reminders to open the relevant passenger and cargo doors
  • Boarding/deboarding states are automatically synced to your stage of flight, e.g. starting at a parking spot will result in an empty aircraft, ready for boarding to commence
  • Integration with GSX – when GSX boarding option is enabled via the EFB tablet, your selected payload will be synced with GSX so the correct number of passengers will be loaded by GSX, and you can monitor progress as usual via the EFB
  • If enabled via the EFB tablet, the cabin crew will automatically open and close the passenger and service doors as required
  • New passenger boarding/deboarding sounds added

New interactive yoke-mounted checklists and glareshield clipboard paper charts:

• Customisable paper checklist mounted to the yokes and paper clipboard chart stored on top of the glareshield
  • Up to 15 checklists and 20 charts can be shown, and are easy customisable PNG images stored within the 146 package
  • Hidden clickspots allow you to cycle between the checklists and charts, rotate them to handle both portrait and landscape, show/hide the yoke-mounted checklist and stow/unstow the glareshield clipboard
  • Dynamic index page will list the names and page numbers for all the checklists and charts that have been added

New liveries:

• 146-200 Discovery Air
  • 146-300 Buzz
  • 146-300 United Express (Air Wisconsin, Battleship Grey)

New hidden HSI heading bug sync clickspot added to glareshield – used to sync the HSI heading bugs to the current heading

New engine windmilling animations

Improved GSX compatibility (profiles included for all variants)

Improved autopilot altitude intercept and hold accuracy

Improved altimeter drum animation logic for more accurate readings

Improved HSI course and RMI bearing needle logic for more realistic needle swing

Improved MWS ground operation switch textures

Improved flight models – reduced likelihood of the aircraft porpoising at low weights and better ground handling

Improved cabin doors, airstairs and window wiper animation logic

Improved state saving logic

Improved QC/QT cargo bay lighting

Other changes:

• Numerous sound set fixes and improvements
  • Numerous fixes and improvements to the EFB tablet. Other cockpit controls can no longer be clicked through the EFB tablet screen.
  • Flight deck door is now forced to the closed position if the cabin is disabled via the EFB tablet
  • Autopilot vertical speed can now be controlled using the ELEVATOR TRIM UP/DOWN control assignments when the autopilot and vertical speed hold mode is engaged, similar to the existing pitch hold logic
  • If enabled via the EFB tablet, the cabin crew will now automatically make passenger announcements for the different stages of flight if not already manually triggered by the user
  • Reworked some TMS logic so that with TMS SYNC/TGT and/or TMS TGT modes selected, the TMS will now only return to standby mode if the hundreds (first) digit is adjusted, like the real aircraft
  • Engines no longer flame-out when a flight is started on approach to a runway
  • Radio altimeter limit selectors now default to a value of 200ft
  • Cabin announcements are no longer enabled on the QC/QT cargo variants
  • Reduced light bleed through cockpit door when door is closed
  • Main menu thumbnails updated to feature MSFS SU14 lighting
  • Updated Operations Manual
  • Updated EFB Manual

Martyn - Just Flight

• Like 13

Great looking update, nearly a complete rework of the aircraft.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

word not allowed, I saw the title and thought the RJ's were inbound.

• Like 3

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Oh wow wow wow this is a lot more than just a graphics upgrade!

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Looks like a fanastic update.

Personally, I would love a retrofitted ND, as th eonly thing I don't like about flyign the 146, is having no depiction of situational awareness.   But I know, it's completely realistic as it is!  I'm not criticizing the JF product one bit. Just a preference that I prefer flying the Fokker F28 because there's the option to have the GNS fitted, which gives at least a basic navigation map.

• Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I love this bird.

The update UNS-1 FMS is really exiting.

Although I have really been enjoying the stress of flying by VOR.

Looking forward to this update.

• Like 1

Ron

MSFS -Just flight Piper arrow 28-  A2A Comanche250 - COWS DA42 - Cessna 310 -Cessna 414
Black Square Baron - FSR500 - SimWorks PC12 - Black Square TBM 850
146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-600

This does look pretty insane. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

Yes, as a VR flyer the checklist feature looks good.

However my one complaint, why is this statement released to Reddit, is avsim no longer considered the world’s premier flightsim forum ?

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

This might induce me to buying it, especially since it's on sale right now...

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, jon b said:

Yes, as a VR flyer the checklist feature looks good.

However my one complaint, why is this statement released to Reddit, is avsim no longer considered the world’s premier flightsim forum ?

We share the workload, various members of staff here at Just Flight cover various media outlets.  Martyn, was using Reddit so posted up the news.  The video is posted on this thread already and at some point one of us would have followed up with further information.  Avsim and the members here are important to us, as are community members who frequent all other websites. 

For what it's worth here are some key links to the changelog and the new operating manuals.  The manuals will be relevant once the update is live next week, for now they are just for reference.

Changelog: https://community.justflight.com/topic/3387/update-change-logs-v0-1-10-released-edited-26-3-24

New UNS-1 manual: https://downloads.justflight.com/products/shared/UNS-1_FMS_MSFS_manual.pdf

New 146 Manual:  https://downloads.justflight.com/products/JFF003642/146_Professional_MSFS_manual.pdf

New 146 EFB Manual:  https://downloads.justflight.com/products/JFF003642/146_Professional_MSFS_EFB_manual.pdf

Hope that helps

• Like 15

Can hardly wait to give it a try!

Many thanks for all the improvements and giving them to us as a free upgrade 🙏

33 minutes ago, JustFlightScott said:

Avsim and the members here are important to us, as are community members who frequent all other websites. 

👍 Good stuff.

• Upvote 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

That's a fantastic update, looking forward to trying it out......

G

• Like 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Awesome!

One of my favorite planes but as a somewhat newbie pilot it is a bit tough for me so doesn't get regular flights.

Lot of great quality of life features so this will for sure get more flight time now.  Can't wait.