Fiorentoni

BeyondATC official poll - release now or later?

51 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I suppose if you had just 10-20 Ai with just a couple inbound to your runway it could be controllable.

Exactly, this is how I'm setup:  12 IFR in a 50km radius, 4 VFR, in FSLTL.  This means I see a few aircraft all the time at departure and arrivals, rarely get given go-arounds and it all works quite well.  I don't like crowded airports and airways in the RW so why put up with them here 😀

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

59 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

Actually FSHud already does it. Still needs some finetuning but they already achieved it. And it is already available since some time.

Can you expand on "it"? How many Ai does it control? If one is ahead of you on approach what happens? If one is behind you on approach and catching you up what happens?

On the ground if another Ai is approaching you on your taxiway what happens?

Any independent reviews yet? PC Pilot?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

43 minutes ago, Noel said:

Exactly, this is how I'm setup:  12 IFR in a 50km radius, 4 VFR, in FSLTL.  This means I see a few aircraft all the time at departure and arrivals, rarely get given go-arounds and it all works quite well.  I don't like crowded airports and airways in the RW so why put up with them here 😀

Are those your limits or the programs? Not many Ai to see but at least fewer to cause issues. Keep away from Heathrow! :smile:

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Can you expand on "it"?

Basically it separates and sequences all traffic as a IRL controller would do. By vectors and speed commands. And you can hear and see all that around you. The user is just one aircraft of many and handled in the same way as AI traffic (there is an option to be prioritized though).

How many Ai does it control?

As many as your system can handle, default is 50 parked and 20 active and that's all my old system can handle but I've seen others report they use a lot more.

If one is ahead of you on approach what happens?

I will be sequenced properly behind him by vectors and speed commands so that there won't be a conflict.

If one is behind you on approach and catching you up what happens?

Same, he will be sequenced properly behind me.

On the ground if another Ai is approaching you on your taxiway what happens?

One of us will be told to hold position, normally long before such a head to head encounter would occur. All aircraft get taxi clearances for appropriate taxi routes or hold instructions with regard to other traffic. 

All in all it works very good already. I never had such an immersive ATC experience in a sim. Some little quirks need to be ironed out, I am looking forward to their next update. FSHud is in public Beta.

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Are those your limits or the programs? Not many Ai to see but at least fewer to cause issues. Keep away from Heathrow! :smile:

Those are low limits the user has control over within the program.  I am blessed to have the horsepower for more traffic but my preference is to keep it light.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

10 hours ago, Sethos said:

You mean that Cyberpunk that sold by the millions, is highly rated on Steam and is getting glowing recommendations after its initial rocky lunch, with majority of its backlash coming from the console version, with an impressive post-lunch support in terms of massive patches and gameplay changes? Even got a really good piece of DLC content that was also well-received with very positive reviews? Yeah, let's hope it becomes Cyberpunk 2077 then.

3,5 years after release 🙂

53 minutes ago, techman said:

3,5 years after release 🙂

You think all that happened magically 3.5 years later? You clearly just watched a bunch of drama YouTube videos and ran with it. Bet you haven't actually even played the game. Your comparison was absolutely awful and makes no sense.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

33 minutes ago, Sethos said:

You think all that happened magically 3.5 years later? You clearly just watched a bunch of drama YouTube videos and ran with it. Bet you haven't actually even played the game. Your comparison was absolutely awful and makes no sense.

I played it on release. And it was annoying, a slap in the face of every paying customer - especially regarding all the marketing that happened before. I actually played it and its ok now (while it still makes "plonk" when you hit the "water"). 

And BATC seems to sail the same boat. 

On 4/26/2024 at 4:02 PM, tup61 said:

ATC controlling traffic (and so doing its job) is absolutely great. And available today. Sure beats 'ATC' only talking to you and zapping the rest.;)

Agreed! FSHud really adds to immersion and realism and keeps improving. It’s come quite a way since its inception. It’ll be even better when the traffic separation feature has fully matured.

Is FSHud the only ATC addon that controls AI?

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Agreed! FSHud really adds to immersion and realism and keeps improving. It’s come quite a way since its inception. It’ll be even better when the traffic separation feature has fully matured.

Yes, at least it is the only one currently available I am aware of.

FSHud is very good..  Vectoring is a bit janky (I ignore it), but you generally dont get routed into other aircraft at all..  It hits my system quite hard though, but even 5-10 aircraft around you, if they are moving and moving accurately, with the correct liveries, adds SO much to the immersion.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Langeveldt said:

FSHud is very good..  Vectoring is a bit janky (I ignore it), but you generally dont get routed into other aircraft at all..  It hits my system quite hard though, but even 5-10 aircraft around you, if they are moving and moving accurately, with the correct liveries, adds SO much to the immersion.  

I have to agree with that. Earlier today I departed from SEQM Quito Ecuador in the King Air (real time), and at the holding point there were two aircraft in front of me, and one aircraft landing. Everything occurred in a civilized manner. Not really sure about this, but I think AIGround and AIFlow contributes to realistic AI movement.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

6 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Not really sure about this, but I think AIGround and AIFlow contributes to realistic AI movement.

I don't have AIGround and AIFlow and still AI seems to move realistically so... I do think all praise should go to FSHud! ;)

• Upvote 1

On 4/27/2024 at 6:39 PM, Cpt_Piett said:

AI

On 4/27/2024 at 6:39 PM, Cpt_Piett said:

No CPT. VoxATC will do as well.  PM me pls

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

On 4/26/2024 at 2:40 PM, Sethos said:

Bet you haven't actually even played the game.

I have. It's terrible. It's hard to believe it was released by the same group that produced Witcher 3. It's like they forgot all sense of storytelling and pacing. It's improved since the godawful buggy release, but it's still not great as a story-forward RPG. RDR2, Witcher 3, heck, even the really old Deus Ex games are more compelling. Every time they release a major patch I try it again, and never manage to get much past the shootout in the tower because I realize I simply don't care.

• Upvote 1