Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

MSFS 2024 release date on the Xbox event on June 9th

The Xbox strategy continues to evolve inside Microsoft as it gears up for a big summer showcase.

“which will also include release dates for upcoming Xbox games like Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024”

source:https://www.theverge.com/2024/4/5/24122208/microsoft-xbox-kareem-choudhry-leaving-xbox-cloud-gaming

• Like 14

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

Posted (edited)

Good find @ca_metal, looks like we'll get the next batch of new info/reveals at the June XB event (probably at least a new trailer, hopefully more), and then later in June at FSExpo is likely when detailed info & deep dives come out, including probably live/playable demos for those at the conference.

Per https://en.shiftdelete.net/2024-xbox-games-showcase/
According to Tom Warren, who is closely associated with Microsoft, the event will feature information about significant titles such as Indiana Jones, The Great Circle, Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024, and Avowed. It is expected that various trailers for these games will be released during the event.

And FSExpo already announced MS/Asobo as one of the main presenters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwgZg2jtPPg&t=1568s (complete list of presenters: https://youtu.be/pwgZg2jtPPg?t=1755)

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 3

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

6 minutes ago, spearmint_flyer said:

Didn't they surprise release 2020 prior to the Xbox event that year? 

MSFS 2020 wasn't a surprise release. I remember the release date was announced at least a month before it was released. I remember MSFS had a one or two week beta before it was released in August of 2020.

I can't remember the exact details, but my recollection back in 2020 was that I knew at least a month in advance that MSFS would be released in August.

• Like 3

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

25 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

MSFS 2020 wasn't a surprise release. I remember the release date was announced at least a month before it was released. I remember MSFS had a one or two week beta before it was released in August of 2020.

I can't remember the exact details, but my recollection back in 2020 was that I knew at least a month in advance that MSFS would be released in August.

The Alpha testing began in December of 2019. The presale was in early July of 2020 and the release was, as you said, in August of 2020.

• Like 1

NAX669.png

Posted (edited)

You are both correct. The MSFS release was indeed announced over a month beforehand. The surprise, however, was that MSFS went from Alpha testing to announcement of a final commercial release date without any intervening Beta testing or Release Candidate 1, Release Candidate 2, etc. The release-date announcement surprised everyone, especially all the Alpha testers. 

Edited by David Mills
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 5

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

2 hours ago, mwilk said:

The Alpha testing began in December of 2019. The presale was in early July of 2020 and the release was, as you said, in August of 2020.

Yep was on the alpha back then 😎

• Upvote 1

André

I don't think Asobo will rely on Alphas and Betas as much because they are not new to the game this time around.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Krakin said:

I don't think Asobo will rely on Alphas and Betas as much because they are not new to the game this time around.

I wonder however when they're going to start releasing the v2024 SDK builds and docs to developers.. not sure if they place devs under NDA with this sort of stuff so we might never know until MSFS 2024 releases from devs about how much lead time they've had to get a grasp on the new capabilities and changes. Perhaps based on the type of questions that pop up on https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/ we might get a clue 🙂

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 3

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Posted (edited)

Well, the third parties working on the new stock aircraft at the very least would have already been given access.

I wouldn't be surprised if some third parties already have SDK access, and there would more than likely be an NDA, there was one for 2020.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Regardless. I hope they get their ahem...stuff...together and make sure everything works before releasing.

• Upvote 2

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Dukes, Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

It was mentioned somewhere that devs were to get a couple of months access before release. But i cannot remember where i saw it.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

In an interview Jorg said he wanted devs to have access late 2023. It probably happened and they're all under NDA

• Like 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

3 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if some third parties already have SDK access

and why I haven't seen or heard of anything new from Carenado since last year.

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

5 hours ago, turbomax said:

and why I haven't seen or heard of anything new from Carenado since last year.

This.

I hope the Cessna 185 will be one of the new default planes.
Wasn't there a speculation a few months ago about them working on an MSFS version?

• Like 1