Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

ActiveSky FS Released

2 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

With no RVR option, just how low can you set the vis?  For instance, can you set .10sm instead of 600rvr, and get about the same thing?

YES. IMHO, from our point of view it is worth the money for that one thing alone. 

• Like 2

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

35 minutes ago, Claudius_ said:

Cloud turbulence will be in FS20 in the default live weather.

No, there's no cloud turbulence in MSFS default. 100%. Or did you mean 2024?
Of course it's possible to have turbulence within clouds in MSFS default, but that's caused by winds or terrain in those cases. There's no native cloud turbulence in MSFS 2020.

Here's a just-posted, in-depth review on YouTube:

• Like 9

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Juliett Alfa Romeo said:

but... scam?

[Rant on] I'd like to see the terms 'scam' and 'cash grab' permanently removed from flight sim lexicon.

'Scam' = fraudulent. Not even CaptainSim meets this definition, the product description page tells you what you'll get.

'Cash grab' = a poorly made, expensive product. The definition now seems to have morphed into any payware product that isn't considered top-tier and cheap.

This toxic bashing of any dev who creates mid- and low-tier add-ons for not instead creating complicated, high-quality and simultaneously cheap hurts devs and eventually hurts the community. It's worse now that the prevalence of such comments are ubiquitous on FS social media.

Sure, there are products that can be considered poor. Yet, calling them scams or cash grabs would be considered libellous in the U.K. as there are very few that fall so low to meet the standard and certainly don't per MS who sell them on the MSFS Marketplace. [/rant off]

Thanks to those who read my observations.

Edited by F737MAX
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 5

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

It's hard to believe......26 pages of rant and useless info....Not even one to explain how this thing actually works, how to  start, settings, anything....I mean...okay. AS Running but incorrect weather. It's rainy as per data and sunny outside. What needs to be set, where....Some Chewwy streams whatever for 3 HRS video and nothing..... Fantastic. Am I missing something? Anyone can post the link with "how to",  from someone who is not complaining about something. Thank you

Started the AS app after starting MSFS? Does it say "connected" in the left top corner in the AS window? In green? That's all you got to set up, it should inject live weather after that. To be 100% sure, click the "WX controls" tab and click on "live weather" in the middle after that.
If it's not showing "connected" (but instead "waiting for simulator" or something like that, make sure the connector installed correctly (should be in the community folder). If not, reinstall and make sure to click "yes" when it asks for installing the connector.

Edited by Fiorentoni

5 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

It's hard to believe......26 pages of rant and useless info....Not even one to explain how this thing actually works, how to  start, settings, anything....I mean...okay. AS Running but incorrect weather. It's rainy as per data and sunny outside. What needs to be set, where....Some Chewwy streams whatever for 3 HRS video and nothing..... Fantastic. Am I missing something? Anyone can post the link with "how to",  from someone who is not complaining about something. Thank you

RTM

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

RTM

Really, while I generally agree with that, AS is really just starting the app and that's it. One click if you will. For historical weather it's maybe three clicks. There's no need to read the manual, unless one wants to start with some customisation.

4 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

[Rant on] I'd like to see the terms 'scam' and 'cash grab' permanently removed from flight sim lexicon.

'Scam' = fraudulent. Not even CaptainSim meets this definition, the product description page tells you what you'll get.

'Cash grab' = a poorly made, expensive product. The definition now seems to have morphed into any payware product that isn't considered top-tier and cheap.

This toxic bashing of any dev who creates mid- and low-tier add-ons for not instead creating complicated, high-quality and simultaneously cheap hurts devs and eventually hurts the community.

Sure, there are products that can be considered poor. Yet, calling them scams or cash grabs would be considered libellous in the U.K. as there are very few that fall so low to meet the standard and certainly don't per MS who sell them on the MSFS Marketplace. [/rant off]

Thanks to those who read my observations.

You want to read whining posts, you are in the right place.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

Really, while I generally agree with that, AS is really just starting the app and that's it. One click if you will. For historical weather it's maybe three clicks. There's no need to read the manual, unless one wants to start with some customisation.

The only thing you might want to change is to reduce the smoothing rate because with the default value the transitions are quite noticable and ASFS can do much better than that with lower values.

Edited by RALF9636
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

The only thing you might want to change is to reduce the smoothing rate beacuse with the default value the transitions are quite noticable and ASFS can do much better than that with lower values.

What do you have it set to in the latest beta?

2 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

I was wondering about this, thanks for mentioning it.  I was absolutely astonished that this was missing from MSFS when it LAUNCHED, to say nothing of now, years down the road.  This alone makes AS worth it for me. 

With no RVR option, just how low can you set the vis?  For instance, can you set .10sm instead of 600rvr, and get about the same thing?

I hope this helps with visibility set to 0.1. MSFS still has room for improvement.

1.png

2.png

• Like 1

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

4 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

What do you have it set to in the latest beta?

Actually I haven't looked at the smoothing rate in the latest Beta because I focused on the Fenix-issue - which hopefully is resolved now.

Maybe start with 25 and see which way to go from there.

16 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

This toxic bashing of any dev who creates mid- and low-tier add-ons for not instead creating complicated, high-quality and simultaneously cheap hurts devs and eventually hurts the community. It's worse now that the prevalence of such comments are ubiquitous on FS social media.

It's because there are likely a bunch of newer (younger) people coming into the genre and they probably can't afford the 50 USD addons.  They're used to 5 dollar dlc on mobile apps or fornite.

And post covid everyone is feeling the effects of inflation.

• Upvote 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Posted (edited)

Like it so far but hmm do you have those popcorn clouds as well in this version 🙂 ? Ha ha it seems to follow me from sim to sim.

Flying Live from ESSA to EFHK atm.

Live depection

UPDATE : Popcorn is gone again - testing with the MaddogX btw.

Thanks

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png