Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

ActiveSky FS Released

1 minute ago, mikeymike said:

just pruchased ,i am very pleased with it .

Default settings ATM any of you recommend any settings to be changed?lowered etc?

thanks

Mike

If you care to have the most recent live weather, you can reduce the download interval to 15 minutes. It will mean more often transitions, though. So you might want to keep an eye on the transition depiction speed (potentially lowering it if you start "noticing" them).

• Like 2

Just noticed "wake turbulence" as a setting - does that really create wake turbulence from AI aircraft (or VATSIM aircraft)? Even depending on the type of aircraft (heavy etc.)? That would be awesome!

1 hour ago, Gumerson said:

Not much used to MSFS depicts clouds, I'm a Prepar3d flyer that can not live with the MSFS clouds depictions. I'm talking about flat clouds, only depicted by ASFS while comparing with actual real phisical true sky in the same place. Out of my window I have shot the real sky and I'm not seeing a flat low density single layer of clouds like are depicting in LEMI ASFS now. 

Regards and thank you for reading my post 😉

You took a screenshot of cloud tops with AS though.  Your real pic (bottom of the clouds) looks like a stratus layer.  The tops of the AS appear to be a realistic overcast stratus layer.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

15 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Active sky has been released just a single day and you come straight in with criticism of one sky at one place

LdaDs6K.png

ozU18jP.png

uFFPXYa.png

Do you mean that since I paid for my Active Sky FS license just yesterday, and for ASP3D V6, V5, V4, etc... If I am comparing the real sky image of LEMI with MSFS Meteoblue, with Rex Weather Force, with Xenviro2020 and, mind you, also with Active Sky P3D V5 (yes, I just added another image of the clouds generated by ASPD right away) and I have also verified the same with ASPD V6, and the only engine that is generating a horrible flat layer of clouds is ASFS... Should I wait, I don't know, please tell me, a month, or maybe 6 months, or maybe a year or even ten years better so as not to fall into the temptation of being too critical?

Can you elaborate on why do you think a flat cloud layer is realistic when the real sky and five weather utilities or engines, two of them developed by Hifisimtech, do not generate flat clouds? I'm talking as I said before about VISUALS, and I got my eyes broken comparing reality with asfs visual depiction

I believe in the truth, and the clouds that I see through my window in LEMI are the ones that rule this discussion, because those clouds were created by GOD. And to him and to the truth I surrender.

All the best

• Like 1

So 23 pages in....is it worth it or not?

• Upvote 1

Thomas Derbyshire

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

Just noticed "wake turbulence" as a setting - does that really create wake turbulence from AI aircraft (or VATSIM aircraft)? Even depending on the type of aircraft (heavy etc.)? That would be awesome!

It does. I even crashed with my C172 when I deliberately flew close behind an AI A320 on final approach with wake turbulence set to 100 for testing purposes. Better leave it at 50...

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gumerson said:

LdaDs6K.png

ozU18jP.png

uFFPXYa.png

Do you mean that since I paid for my Active Sky FS license just yesterday, and for ASP3D V6, V5, V4, etc... If I am comparing the real sky image of LEMI with MSFS Meteoblue, with Rex Weather Force, with Xenviro2020 and, mind you, also with Active Sky P3D V5 (yes, I just added another image of the clouds generated by ASPD right away) and I have also verified the same with ASPD V6, and the only engine that is generating a horrible flat layer of clouds is ASFS... Should I wait, I don't know, please tell me, a month, or maybe 6 months, or maybe a year or even ten years better so as not to fall into the temptation of being too critical?

Can you elaborate on why do you think a flat cloud layer is realistic when the real sky and five weather utilities or engines, two of them developed by Hifisimtech, do not generate flat clouds? I'm talking as I said before about VISUALS, and I got my eyes broken comparing reality with asfs visual depiction

I believe in the truth, and the clouds that I see through my window in LEMI are the ones that rule this discussion, because those clouds were created by GOD. And to him and to the truth I surrender.

All the best

You still compare the IRL clouds from below with the ASFS clouds from above. Doesn't make much sense.

1 minute ago, sidfadc said:

Yes it looks great. There are some that would find fault with every add on  that has ever been made or will be made. I used AS for years in P3D, and glad to have it back.. 

• Like 3

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

2 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

You took a screenshot of cloud tops with AS though.  Your real pic (bottom of the clouds) looks like a stratus layer.  The tops of the AS appear to be a realistic overcast stratus layer.

Hi, 

There a pictures compared at the point you cross the cloud layer, but the appron pic its similar to the actual pic, the real life pic and there are not flat clouds in real world at this time, and meteoblue and competitors looks nicer, also Active Sky for P3D V5 looks great and no flat. 

🙃

2 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

You still compare the IRL clouds from below with the ASFS clouds from above. Doesn't make much sense.

You can scrub the red bar around the video and you will find the big true. If ASP3D is not depicting a sincle flat layer, and ASFS yes, witch one of the both hifisimtech products really works in a realistic maner?

2 minutes ago, Shrek1970 said:

Does it work with the Autofps app?

Yes, auto FPS just adjusts two item TLOD, and OLOD. Nothing to do with weather. If you FPS goes into the dumpster, you can set Auto FPS to reduce Clouds to improve FPS.

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

20 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

As always: It depends 🙂
I'd say it's worth it if...

1) You want historical weather
or
2) You're tired of the same old cloud types in default MSFS
or
3) you want "active air effects" (4 typesof turbulences, thermals etc.)
or
4) You want to see (thunder)storms depicted correctly
or
5) You want weather that's to the point correct to any real life METAR (live or historical), especially important for IFR flights

and

6) You can live with the fact that you will not see distant weather fronts anymore (as in MSFS default), because AS injects globally

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Shrek1970 said:

Does it work with the Autofps app?

Of course, why not? Weather has nothing to do with what AutoFPS does. AutoFPS does change cloud quality, but that's a graphics setting and has nothing to do with the actual weather.

26 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

It does. I even crashed with my C172 when I deliberately flew behind an AI A320 on final approach with wake turbulence set to 100 for testing purposes. Better leave it at 50.

That's great to hear! I mean sorry for your C172, of course 😉
How much was the distance to the A320? Right behind the engines or the typical 3 NM separation?