Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

ActiveSky FS Released

16 minutes ago, styckx said:

Fact: It's up to you to decide if you want to pay someone David Copperfield presets on steroids to be injected into your sim

5 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

You forgot the last Fact, AS look's a heck of a  lot better than default weather in MSFS. 

Both of these comments show that everyone has their own preferences.

What works for one person doesn't necessarily work for another. It's great that the choice between using MSFS Live Weather and ASFS exists.

You don't need to browbeat anyone with a different perspective to yours – fact!

• Upvote 5

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

35 minutes ago, mmcmah said:

If this one is going to get closed, I'd suggest opening up a new ASFS Testing/Comparisons thread.

Looking forward to seeing your "VERY interesting test session" video!

It's finished soon! 🙂 Hopefully others will find it as interesting as I did haha. Just waiting for the new thread to open

18 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

And if people are going to evaluate the program it would be nice if they actually owned it, instead of trying to imagine what it does. 

Agreed. 50% of this thread is speculations / rants / opinions. 

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

Posted (edited)

Double post, sorry

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

6 hours ago, F737MAX said:

Yet, when you're over the middle of a particular area of weather, uniform looking clouds can stretch to the horizon in all directions.

They may stretch to the horizon, but not around the world.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

You forgot the last Fact, AS look's a heck of a  lot better than default weather in MSFS. 

Nothing I’ve seen supports that.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Just now, scotchegg said:

It's obvious that you don't like Active Sky, so why do you keep posting on the threads about it?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

It's obvious that you don't like Active Sky, so why do you keep posting on the threads about it?

I’m interested in its passive mode, and allowing clearly debatable things to be dismissed as not debatable does neither the developers nor the users any good. Something I would imagine someone with your voluminous history of complaints on this forum would respect.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

They may stretch to the horizon, but not around the world.

It doesn't though. 🤷‍♂️

ASFS depicts the same weather to the horizon. By the time you would reach it, the program updates with new weather data and performs a transition.

Neither ASFS nor MSFS Live Weather is flawless. Some of the nitpicking going on about the failings of one over the other really is just the same as Apple vs Android, Intel vs AMD, PS5 vs Xbox, Ford vs Chevvy, Coke vs Pepsi, Oasis vs Blur...

• Like 4

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 minute ago, F737MAX said:

ASFS depicts the same weather to the horizon. By the time you would reach it, the program updates with new weather data and performs a transition.

Yeah, I get that, and I get that fans of this approach must find it bizarre why detractors like me nitpick about it, but the fact remains that it’s only ever replacing one globally uniform weather depiction with another. Simply knowing that makes the world less plausible.

Just now, F737MAX said:

Some of the nitpicking going on about the failings of one over the other really is just the same as Apple vs Android, Intel vs AMD, PS5 vs Xbox, Ford vs Chevvy, Coke vs Pepsi, Oasis vs Blur...

Amen. For transparency I own ASFS.  Bought it the moment it was released. Do I like it better than default WX? No, but that was never my intention and I do plan on using it frequently in the proper context and setting which for me is mine to decide!

Let’s quit flaming ASFS.  To good software from an excellent developer. 
-B

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

I agree. Nothing I’ve seen so far suggests this is a ‘must have’.

ok, I'm closing this one down -  continue here:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/644195-active-sky-review/

I must also say it is refreshing to have a 58page thread without any serious flames. We do have varying opinions though and as long as they are expressed respectfully we're good.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors