Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

ActiveSky FS Released

Posted (edited)

Anyone that can answer this question :

Are AS clouds also coordinate/cloud type/cloud structure based as in MSFS Live Weather ?

Because of the above clouds at the same time and same coordinates look completely the same on each pc. In my case with 2 view pc’s I therefore have sync’d clouds on all screens.

Probably Passive mode is able to do so but if I am correct it then is like MSFS Live Weather with some extra effects like turbulence.

I am interested in AS Live Weather and before buying 2 licenses it would be nice to know..

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

How do you quickly compare with AS and default MSFS Live Weather? (no, I've not read the manual...yet!)

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

19 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Flat clouds exist in real world, so I'm not sure why you call them 'cartoonish'.

Correct. Nowhere more present than in the British Isles for the majority of this year. They’re called stratus. More info here…

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/learn-about/weather/types-of-weather/clouds/low-level-clouds/stratus#:~:text=What are stratus clouds%3F,form of mist or fog.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hello there, i have found cirrus in Canada.
2024-04-20-CYFB-CYUL.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, fppilot said:

Not often used that I can find. Perhaps merits a discussion..

ICAO Annex 3 has been adopted into EU law since many years back. It doesn't merit a discussion at all. It's very clear cut what CAVOK is, but also what's omitted when a station reports CAVOK.

Below is CAVOK conditions. For example.

qcrL7tS.jpg

Edited by SAS443
  • Upvote 2

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Posted (edited)

Nevermind, other smart people figured it out before me.

Edited by Fiorentoni

4 hours ago, DModjo said:

It’s bizarre to me that that so many people on Reddit and other communities are unable to see the improvements that ASFS offers and are saying they prefer the default.

Honestly, I think this goes the other way too. People around here seem almost hell bent on shoving it down people's throats and anyone who dislikes it, there's something wrong with them, a psychoanalysis of why they are wrong. People are hailing this as the second coming of Christ despite every stream, every video so far has shown extremely lukewarm or even worse results than default. Think there's people who try a little too hard to convince themselves this is amazing, because of the active sky legacy.

• Like 13

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

5 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Honestly, I think this goes the other way too. People around here seem almost hell bent on shoving it down people's throats and anyone who dislikes it, there's something wrong with them, a psychoanalysis of why they are wrong. People are hailing this as the second coming of Christ

What? None of this is true. The literally only person that got some backlash in this thread is the one that said that flat clouds (stratus) do not exist in real life, which is factually wrong.

Posted (edited)

I have an Question for PMDG737 Users:

I set on VHF1 the Frequ. for Flightwatch 122.00 .
so i can hear one word from Activesky ATIS, then the sim returns automatic to the actual center frequency.

S i wan t to use VHF2 from the Co-Pilot side. when i set flightwatch frequence there, i can not hear anythink..
where ist the problem?
thanks for any tip.

my setting:
VHF2-nothing-to-hear.jpg
black dp pic

Edited by Alti
correct words - dummy autocorrect..

Posted (edited)

@Alti,

It's not working on COM2 at the moment, on no aircraft. It only works if you switch the MSFS default COM menu to COM2 (you know the blue menu that you used back in the early days to communicate with MSFS default ATC.. I think that can be fixed, though. @Damian Clark AS ATIS on COM2 possible? (-> without having to switch the MSFS default menu to COM2)

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Long quoted post removed.

Posted (edited)

Bought this morning and I'm not convinced it's working properly, Historical Weather simply doesn't do anything, Adaptive Mode just shows clear skies when Passive Mode shows clouds which is identical default MSFS. Says I have MSFS Connection, the Map is able to lock onto my aircraft, it shows the clouds, but I'm just not seeing anything change. Flicked through the Quick Start in the manual, restarted the PC, nothing 🤨

Only thing I've done differently is install the base program to a custom folder, but AS installed to my Community Folder just fine (and as above it says it's connected to the Sim) - any ideas? I can't see what MSFS Weather settings need to be in the manual, is that the issue? If I get Historical to work then I know it's working, but alas no joy thus far.

Edited by MarcG

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

It's not working on COM2 at the moment, on no aircraft. It only works if you switch the MSFS default COM menu to COM2 (you know the blue menu that you used back in the early days to communicate with MSFS default ATC.. I think that can be fixed, though. @Damian Clark AS ATIS on COM2 possible? (-> without having to switch the MSFS default menu to COM2)

Thank you, i have found when i set in MSFSATC-Menu COM 2 ( normaly its not used) to active,
so i can hear one word from AS, then also Com2 the sim make automatic the return to the active center frequency.

i think, i must deactivate the "automatic copilot" which does work the ATC automatic for me.
so i hope then MSFS will hold the frequency i set in.

Edited by Alti

I would be willing to give ASFS a chance, but I just had a really bad experience with the upgrade process from XP11 to XP12. Even though I have used the new version in the timeframe I was supposed to, my license did not get upgraded and now I’ve found out that I am banned from the official AS forums. 

In any case, I am pretty happy with MSFS’s default weather. I like to fly from/to airports that have live camera and ATC coverage on YouTube and the experience is pretty immersive when using live traffic. Weather is usually spot on.  

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

4 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

I would be willing to give ASFS a chance, but I just had a really bad experience with the upgrade process from XP11 to XP12. Even though I have used the new version in the timeframe I was supposed to, my license did not get upgraded and now I’ve found out that I am banned from the official AS forums. 

In any case, I am pretty happy with MSFS’s default weather. I like to fly from/to airports that have live camera and ATC coverage on YouTube and the experience is pretty immersive when using live traffic. Weather is usually spot on.  

Really, I am not aware of any of this.  I'll have to investigate.  I haven't seen anyone get banned in a long time and that was for very gross violations of our TOS (or the typical spammers we see every day).  Please open a support ticket at http//hifisimtech.zendesk.com and ask to speak to me directly linking this post, and I'll assist directly.  Thank you.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

16 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Bought this morning and I'm not convinced it's working properly, Historical Weather simply doesn't do anything, Adaptive Mode just shows clear skies when Passive Mode shows clouds which is identical default MSFS. Says I have MSFS Connection, the Map is able to lock onto my aircraft, it shows the clouds, but I'm just not seeing anything change. Flicked through the Quick Start in the manual, restarted the PC, nothing 🤨

Only thing I've done differently is install the base program to a custom folder, but AS installed to my Community Folder just fine (and as above it says it's connected to the Sim) - any ideas? I can't see what MSFS Weather settings need to be in the manual, is that the issue? If I get Historical to work then I know it's working, but alas no joy thus far.

If you have another wx add-on, it must be deactivated or will conflict.  If you are using notoolbarhandle or nohandlebar mods they will conflict and must be disabled (we're working on a fix right now for that).  If you're using an older version of Flow that can also conflict (just update flow to resolve this).  Hope that helps.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies