Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

ActiveSky FS Released

Just now, F737MAX said:

He just admitted to not reading the documentation. "Hasn't had the time."

Puts his stream into same bracket as LondonController, I'm afraid.

...and he's spawned at Heathrow where it's clear...

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

"Your mission, should you choose to accept it" : see a comparison between ASFS and MSFS live weather at 360° with different weathers and see how it evolves.

• Like 2

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

It's important to read the manual, in particular from page 12 onwards...

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - MSFS

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, MarcG said:

...and he's spawned at Heathrow where it's clear...

So? There's more to weather than just clouds, there's wind, temperature, qnh etc

And he plans on testing in multiple places. He's going to do just active sky, then redo the same test with just MSFS live weather.

Edited by Tuskin38

Just now, Tuskin38 said:

It used to exist, but it broke at some point, I think when they switched to METAR weather. They're working on fixing it.

Well this has Being like this since SU9.. I raised it with Asobo many, many times because people came to me asking for support when my Sting S4 became impossible to fly with live weather.. here you have my report back in April 2022https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/su9-flight-model-changes-excessive-turbulence-and-other-effects/4080 

At the end they told me it was by design and nothing I had to do to change my flight model.. I had no other option than change my flight model and reduce my rudder effectiveness  to cater for this ridiculous way of injecting wind changes, which causes with CFD model the wind to bounce of the rudder and induce the airplanes into a constant loop of a YAW cycle.. which for VR users causes severe motion sickness. Basically it became so bad, that it affected my product sales.. 

Given that we are at SU15, and this crazy wind injection still occurs.. and given I reported this 1 year ago.. and given MSFS 2024 is about to be released, no, I don't believe this will ever get fixed.. so very happy to see Active Sky stepping in to do it right.

My 2 cents.
Raul

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, vbazillio said:

"Your mission, should you choose to accept it" : see a comparison between ASFS and MSFS live weather at 360° with different weathers and see how it evolves.

😄 

Seriously this should be something HiFi Sim puts out/asks for known content creators to do on their behalf.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 minute ago, simbol said:

Well this has Being like this since SU9.. I raised it with Asobo many, many times because people came to me asking for support when my Sting S4 became impossible to fly with live weather.. here you have my report back in April 2022https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/su9-flight-model-changes-excessive-turbulence-and-other-effects/4080 

At the end they told me it was by design and nothing I had to do to change my flight model.. I had no other option than change my flight model and reduce my rudder effectiveness  to cater for this ridiculous way of injecting wind changes, which causes with CFD model the wind to bounce of the rudder and induce the airplanes into a constant loop of a YAW cycle.. which for VR users causes severe motion sickness. Basically it became so bad, that it affected my product sales.. 

Given that we are at SU15, and this crazy wind injection still occurs.. and given I reported this 1 year ago.. and given MSFS 2024 is about to be released, no, I don't believe this will ever get fixed.. so very happy to see Active Sky stepping in to do it right.

My 2 cents.
Raul

Well, what I said comes from the latest Dev Q&A where they acknowledged that it's broken and should be fixed in a few weeks.

1 minute ago, Tuskin38 said:

So? There's more to weather than just clouds, there's wind, temperature, qnh etc

And he plans on testing in multiple places. He's going to do just active sky, then redo the same test with just MSFS live weather.

So? I didn't hear that he was testing in multiple places. 

So? A selling point of this product is the better cloud depiction, he should've started with that.. 

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Just now, Tuskin38 said:

Well, what I said comes from the latest Dev Q&A where they acknowledged that it's broken and should be fixed in a few weeks.

I am on SU15 sir.. still the same.. 

Posted (edited)
Just now, simbol said:

I am on SU15 sir.. still the same.. 

I didn't say anything about SU15. Neither did the Q&A stream.

Edited by Tuskin38

1 minute ago, Tuskin38 said:

They've said that before...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I am wondering if you use Live Weather  in the program , will it be any different that what you would normally see without the program running?

I believe it shall be more "weatherly"!?

Just now, Tuskin38 said:

I didn't say SU15.

you realise the last QA was about SU15.. a change like this is related to the CORE Sim.. and what we have now on BETA is what will be released the 30th of April.. this wind injection has been a problem forever.. and I have very little faith it will ever get fixed.. I keep hearing this over and over and over again.

Anyway, back to the main topic.. which is about Active Sky.. on which the winds are depicting properly..

R.

• Like 7

Posted (edited)

Personally I have no issues with 'first impressions' of an addon or software. What's really unfortunate and sad, is that so many streamers and users, are extending (or hiding) their own ignorance or incompetence as being faults in the addon or program.

If you 'review' (or whatever you call it?!) something, which is brand new and you haven't had time or bothered to read the documentation first (or at least have SOME idea of how the program works), then disclaim it and take the patience and provide the proper reservations beforehand. Make it clear to your audience, that any faults or improper usage or unexpected behavior could be caused by YOU, and that YOU may have actually done something wrong. At least acknowledge, that if something isn't working as expected, assume that it's your fault. Not necessary the fault of the software or program... 

Sorry for my rant.

Edited by anden145
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 4

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I switched Chewwy off, he was more concerned with subscribers than concentrating on the product. (Only watched as I'm stuck at work!)

• Upvote 1