Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

ActiveSky FS Released

2 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

Oh man, me too! Asobo has done a lot of great stuff but there are few decisions they made thats a real head-scratcher. Having a toolbar popup every time you move your mouse is definitely one of them. 

I use the "Ither No Handle Bar" mod from fs.to and it does not seem to present any issues.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mmcmah said:

I use the "Ither No Handle Bar" mod from fs.to and it does not seem to present any issues.

I also use it.  Excellent mod.  And also kind of important for us VR users to access features and functions.  While in 2D I don't use it as much.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

11 minutes ago, LondonController said:

Hi,

I am not using the notoolbarhandle mod anyway - so that isn't the issue. I keep seeing people saying "oh it's working" - but what is really working? I personally don't understand the point in the product, what benefit is there of having it?

I would say I was very patient with the product - I was like in front of 700+ viewers and tried to do multiple things to get it working. I concluded that at the moment, it was a pretty pointless purchase for me. There wasn't anything in it that I don't already get from default WX in MSFS.

Jamie

seems to me you didn't want to like it from the start, how you can form an opinion in less than 2 hours after release without trying to at least see why it's not working for you before streaming to the general public.

• Like 3

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

PMDG export path is very awkward. There is no way to copy and paste path! You have to manually navigate to correct folder. And you have to do it every time for another model of PMDG aircraft

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 minute ago, MarcG said:

seems to me you didn't want to like it from the start, how you can form an opinion in less than 2 hours after release without trying to at least see why it's not working for you before streaming to the general public.

If you knew anything about me or my streams you would know that I was very excited for AS for MSFS. Was really interested to see what it would bring different from default. It brought absolutley nothing different personally - and in fact actually looked worse than default. And I had to pay for the privilege.

Other people with Flow and 'Toolbar Mods' experienced the same issue as me with weird weather depiction. So what does this product actually do? They can't change the weather depiction because the API, then can't add a weather radar because of the API. I know this isn't their fault and I'm sure they would love to change these things, but I don't get (and still don't) what I am paying £25 for?

• Like 1

Does anyone know how ti make weather transition smooth?

Here is live weather now

image.png?ex=6633d112&is=66215c12&hm=333

Few second later

image.png?ex=6633d13c&is=66215c3c&hm=2c9

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

PMDG export path is very awkward. There is no way to copy and paste path! You have to manually navigate to correct folder. And you have to do it every time for another model of PMDG aircraft

We'll get this improved in short order (along with any other popular requests that we can manage).  Thanks!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Well back to the PC I guess to buy 😀Best of future to ASMFS

How is performance btw?

Michael Moe

• Like 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

18 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

If they are streaming it HOURS after release without even bothering to read the FAQ or get used to how it works then their opinion is worth (insert word not allowed here) IMO.

Here's a diligent YouTuber (real pilot) who spends the time to do things in DETAIL. No ASFS yet but great content I'd recommend anyway.

A330 Driver YouTube Videos

I have seen so many "expert" Youtube reviews on a new aircraft, where the reviewer couldn't even get the engines started. Never occurred to them to RTM.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

@LondonController

Please dont take this as having a bash but "before" going live i would have recommended that you would have given the product a thorough run through offline so that you.

1.Dont look unprepared while online

and

2. Unfairly assess the product on the merits.

Hopefully you give your audience another go of the product once you have gotten past the initial teething issues you may have had.

Cheers

• Like 10
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

1 minute ago, sd_flyer said:

Does anyone know how ti make weather transition smooth?

If you force a transition, it is instant (loading new weather, changing modes/options, refreshing, changing locations, etc).

Otherwise it smooths during flight.  You also have a smoothing rate slider.  At default 50% it takes about 30 seconds to transition most cloud scenes.  At lower rates you can make it take as long as several minutes.  Set to your liking.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Posted (edited)

Any chance this will at some point enable weather radar in Fenix A320?

Edited by srce
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Damian Clark said:

If you force a transition, it is instant (loading new weather, changing modes/options, refreshing, changing locations, etc).

Otherwise it smooths during flight.  You also have a smoothing rate slider.  At default 50% it takes about 30 seconds to transition most cloud scenes.  At lower rates you can make it take as long as several minutes.  Set to your liking.

Can you please help me to find where exactly to set it? I'm currently loaded flight plan from simbrief and using "live weather" mode

Was watching the LondonController segment on it, that was a rough watch. That rapid fire impatience of just changing a bunch of stuff. I felt some of that was done in bad faith and then playing into the negativity for entertainment. Felt like it deserved a more respectful treatment than that. Especially sounding like he was struggling to put food on the table over 20 quid, looking for refunds and playing into that, with chat egging it on. You also get the feeling the general sentiment was that when it turned on, it had to look like a complete graphical overhaul of the weather? That said, the interface is still feels 20 years old, with many unnecessary additions for MSFS and that whole preset, passive mode, what do you need to run in-game stuff feels unnecessarily confusing. There's absolutely no need for something that painfully simple to require you to have to read a manual. That should be easy to explain, describe and visualize in the interface. So on that front, I agree.

But I really hope we see a more serious creator do some comparisons, give it a fair shake.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Here are the live weather depictions at PHNL. To MY eye, the depiction in ASFS looks better and I much prefer the way the clouds look in general but also in comparison to the webcam:

Live MSFS:

950889256_Screenshot2024-04-18114720.png.620a0d91f27c0c8afa7057caac1cbf69.png

Live ASFS:

1854738592_Screenshot2024-04-18114801.png.af12f7bf63be5a273eb288279bf3bf99.png

Honolulu webcam:

1268684047_WebcamPHNL.png.25a852a58701fca2e59b3a640e26f22a.png

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1